Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Reaction score
I just got a couple DS-2CD2032F-I cams yesterday from an Amazon seller (Ctronics) with 5.3.0-150513, manufactured 10/2015. Cannot seem to get any version of firmware loaded successfully including the downgrade. On the downgrade firmware, I see the file transfer "Completed" but I never get the successful upgrade message. After the transfer, the camera begins pinging on 192.168.1.64, indicating the mini-system failed firmware I believe. It's not visible in SADP/web/telnet, just pingable. I tried using hiktools to change the language from 2 to 1, same result. I tried Windows 10 and Windows 7 for the tftp, same result.

I also tried the Chinese firmware 5.3.0, fixed with hiktools for language 2, and I do see "Successful Upgrade" in tftp, but then after a reboot the camera is completely unreachable.

Update: the sticker said 5.3.0-150513 but in the web gui of the 2nd camera I see V5.3.0 build 150814.
To follow up and hopefully help someone else. I did get the Chinese 5.3.0 firmware to work, once I downloaded the right one (I don't read Chinese). It probably wasn't necessary, but it felt good to have the cam operational again, even if the wrong language.

The trick in my case was using the original non-4-line-intrusion-detection version of the downgrade. Once I had that version, I saw the successful update message in the TFTP. Then my camera was 5.25, but in Chinese. I performed the mtd hack and I have English now!

dbmet

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I get rid of the language mismatch on a DS-2CD2332-I running V5.2.0 build 140721 This unit has CCH in the serial number

I'm not sure which guide to follow..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

dbmet

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I preformed MTD hack and have english camera and nvr works fine.. Which firmwares are safe to update to?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera's original fw was 5.20 (on the sticker) and you have done the mtd hack, you can as new as you like, it's only an issue on a 5.25 / 5.28 /5.30 models

dbmet

n3wb
Reaction score
Great I'll give 5.30 and see what happens. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cejay

n3wb
Reaction score
I have bricked a DS-2CD2132-IS ip cam by trying to load updated firrmware on it, thinking it came from US hikvision..

It now comes up in SADP as a mini-system, etc, as all do with the wrong firmware, at least it can be seen on sadp via it plugged into my router via ethernet.

On the label underneath it shows V5.2.8_141231.
The TFTP worked. I made the mistake of trying to plug the ethernet wire between my pc ethernet port and the camera, once i got the cam on the switch and the pc on the switch i have, i ran tftp, turned off cam, it upgrade, and now i can login fine! Great!

thanks

cj

AleXis6

n3wb
Reaction score
hi experts,
please advice what I should do.
I bought hikvision 2432 from aliexpress 5 months ago, but connected it only last week.
camera was made in June 2015 and had english language
there is FW 5.3.0 stated on the stacker (and was 5.2.5 in the web interface).
I downloaded and upgraded FW 5.3.0 from EU website after that my camera didn't respond to any software.
TFTP server works on my PC only through switch (I spent yesterday plenty of hours for unsuccesfull direct LAN connection).
now I can upgrade FW via TFTP.

I found 5.3.0 150513 - and it was working in chines language the only problem (except language) was impossible to change IP
after that I flashed 5.2.5 FW from the first post (4 lines version) of this topic I was waiting more 10 minutes and I didn't see the final FTPT message "... completed"
I can see the camera in SADP and can't change any parameters. camera is not accessible from brouser.

May I kindly ask you to help in recovering my hikvision 2432.
thank you

trying this version https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0
TFTP finished work completely
and fantastic my camera survived!!
English is presented
thank you whoslooking

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. Is it possible to bring back 4 line crossing version in Firmware 5.2.5 not 5.3. Camera is very recent but has already 5.2.5 can I flash the one from first post??

2. Can I flash the firmware to older 5.2.0 and 5.1.8 camera.

3. How can I add language files. This firmware only include english?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1=yes
2=yes if the camera is 5.2e or below (2014) with the mtd hack it can take any firmware.
3=yes you need to replace the IEFILE.GZ with a multi language one.

systmworks

n3wb
Reaction score
Your using the wrong firmware.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i88eaoge0mx0t29/525.zip?dl=0
Use this one.
Hi whoslooking,
The 5.25 firmware you mentioned to someone else above is not listed in your signature - should it be used for all cameras currently running older than 5.3 firmware, while the 5.3 to 5.25 linked in your signature is only for cameras that already shipped or have been upgraded to 5.3+ ?
Until I read your post above, I thought the 5.25 firmware in your signature would work for any camera.

I have several (Chinese hacked to English) 2CD2432F-IW and 2CD2332-I cameras on v5.23 that I would like to standardize onto v5.25.
I am also about to replace my 7608-N NVR for a 7608-NI model, so I can upgrade its firmware anytime and stay on English language - as long as the English firmware works with Chinese cameras.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The firmware 5.25 is for use on camera's with original firmware of 5.25 or 5.28 as no other firmware works with them, but you can use it older models if you wish.

You can upgrade your nvr firmware on your 7608n just use the Chinese firmware and keep a safe backup of its settings, as long as you don't use tftp it will stay English and don't restore defaults also.

But if you keep your backup settings and restore it will be English upon restore.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to flash older Firmware to 7000 series NVR because I have the message about Language mismatch.

systmworks

n3wb
Reaction score
The firmware 5.25 is for use on camera's with original firmware of 5.25 or 5.28 as no other firmware works with them, but you can use it older models if you wish.
Is there a "better" firmware version you would recommend (for a CH cam that shipped with 5.2.3) that will display EN language? Generally I prefer the latest firmware for my devices - but not if newer firmware loses useful features or introduces problems..

You can upgrade your nvr firmware on your 7608n just use the Chinese firmware and keep a safe backup of its settings, as long as you don't use tftp it will stay English and don't restore defaults also.
But if you keep your backup settings and restore it will be English upon restore.
So I can download the latest 7608N firmware from the Hikvision China site, and apply it, and as long as I restore my current backed up settings and dont restore factory defaults, it will remain in English?
But if I choose to apply the 3.1.3 firmware from your signature (which is newer than existing 3.0.8) I could use the factory reset option and it will remain multi-language ?
I am going to sell my N model once the NI arrives in a few days - so I (or future buyer) may want to restore default settings. That may be a point in favor of your 3.1.3 instead of the latest Chinese firmware.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The firmware in my signature is for a 7100 nvr.

If you update by Web interface first with version 3.32 and then again with 3.36 it will remain English, after your update save the settings.

This is just in case something goes wrong later on, but you will always be able to reload 3.32 and return to English with the Tftp tool.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your problem? I am getting the same errors:

I can't seem to get it to work. Could you please confirm the following steps are correct? My camera is DS-2CD3410FD-IW come with default Chinese version of 5.3.0 Build 150327
- Assign the computer IP 192.0.0.128
- Run the TFTP server from the zip file
- Reboot the camera
- I can see it connected > Try to transmit > Resend required > Complete transfering > ... and then nothing

finalcut62

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a Hikvision through eBay as an experimental camera now (DS-2CD2532F-IS is my current choice). Can I use the current tools to keep it English? Any other model I should be looking at in order to maintain the ability to change languages?

Thx!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That model is fine, this firmware just won't work on models that end in xxx2 or xxx5