Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The downgrader firmware is not suitable for a DS-2CD3410FD-IW camera, thats a different model series.

*edit* From the first post : "NOTE: This is not for 2cdxxx0 or xxx5 models"

squishio

n3wb
Reaction score
The downgrader firmware is not suitable for a DS-2CD3410FD-IW camera, thats a different model series.

*edit* From the first post : "NOTE: This is not for 2cdxxx0 or xxx5 models"

Ahhhh, righto, thanks! I'll stick with running it via ONVIF

geertchar

n3wb
Reaction score
I now have 2 cameras bricked. Both got locked up after changing ports. I tried to flash the firmware as I did before, but this time something went totally wrong. Both cameras are now on basic firmware V4.0.8 :-(

When I tried to Flash the firmware again, it doesn't get any further than testing tftp server... :-(

Cameras are:
DS-2CD3332 (china version)
DS-2CD2132F-IS (china version)

Anybody any idea's??

Reaction score
Hi all, was hoping I could share the same success stories but unfortunately both firmwares didn't work for me.

Camera: DS-2CD2432F-IW (sticker V5.3.0 150313)
Both firmwares, stuck at: "complete file transmat" (and ping stops) and does not progress to "system update complete"

SADP: does not detect the camera

I tried the official Hikvision 5.4.5_170123 firmware and it gets to the "system update complete" status and manages to get three pings before it drops off.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do next to diagnose what's wrong? Should I try to Telnet to the device?

Many thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Update

Tried the Chinese version 5.3.0_150513 and got stuck at "Completed file transmit" step. Couldn't see the camera in SADP afterwards.

Then tried English version 5.3.0_150513) and got "system update completed!" and managed to get 3 pings to 192.0.0.64 every time I reboot the camera, however camera still is not detected in SADP.

Anyone with thoughts please? Thanks so much!

@Aspiring Geek, looks like you and I are in the same boat?

Last edited:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried using the downgraders and changing the firmware's region with hiktools?

I have just updated the downgrader with both EN and CH files, remember to change the file name to digicap.dav 1st then it should work for you.

Reaction score
Have you tried using the downgraders and changing the firmware's region with hiktools?

I have just updated the downgrader with both EN and CH files, remember to change the file name to digicap.dav 1st then it should work for you.
Thanks very much whoslooking for going through the effort of creating the custom downloader. Really appreciate everything you've done. Unfortunately, same results with both firmwares, hangs at file transmit complete, and loses ping thereon, can't get past that point.

What I don't get is why it is able to get to "system update completed" for a number of other (english) firmware's?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the camera sticker, as it normally shows our starting point for a recovery.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I now have 2 cameras bricked. Both got locked up after changing ports. I tried to flash the firmware as I did before, but this time something went totally wrong. Both cameras are now on basic firmware V4.0.8 :-(

When I tried to Flash the firmware again, it doesn't get any further than testing tftp server... :-(

Cameras are:
DS-2CD3332 (china version)
DS-2CD2132F-IS (china version)

Anybody any idea's??
These are just stuck on min-system and need tftp to recover use the firmware on the camera's sticker to recover.

Reaction score
View attachment 18796
Looks a lot like my sticker but I discovered mine was a Chinese region camera.
I suspect mine falls into the same category. The frustrating thing is I've managed to find a firmware where it appears to have updated the camera, and the ping holds at every reboot, but it never updates the ip address from 192.0.0.64. So close, but still so far!

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suspect mine falls into the same category. The frustrating thing is I've managed to find a firmware where it appears to have updated the camera, and the ping holds at every reboot, but it never updates the ip address from 192.0.0.64. So close, but still so far!
Longshot but my 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgraded camera had problems on reboots (it reset all settings to default) and was unpingable. Then @alastairstevenson suggested that it could be the reset button on the back was stuck or broken and it turned out it was stuck under the lip of the camera back. I jiggled it and all was good. I've seen at least one other person with the same issue.

Last edited:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is 100% a Chinese regional camera tftp the original Chinese 5.30 firmware should recover to working but in Chinese, once in Chinese you can use the web interface with the CH digicap.dav. then mtd hack to English.

I would also say try another pc with the tftp, some seem to work better than others.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah but ...
What I think is now happening depending on manufacturing date is that the 'update' program that runs from the 'recovery' partition for the tftp updater now has the rollback prohibit, and also psh.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Solvable?
That remains to be seen, but I expect and hope so.
A helpful forum member sent me a bricked Hikvision camera to analyse, that originally had the 5.3.0 firmware, and the 5.4.41 firmware did a good job of tossing it into a trap that Hikvision have created.
I've only had a chance to take a superficial look so far, but I can see some 'lines of enquiry'.

simste

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, here my situation:
I bought a DS-2CD2732F-I(S) in China with firmware 5.2.5 (CN / Eng).
I was trying with 5.3.0 but only the CN version was updated. EN version was not working neither using hiktools changing the header: tftp was uploading it and all was lookign fine but camera was not
working (no SADP and 3/4 pings were lost)
I decided to downgrade with “EN downngrade_digicap.dav” collected here: Dropbox - Custom downgrader

Now webcam is working with 5.25 in EN but i would like to upgrade it.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now webcam is working with 5.25 in EN but i would like to upgrade it.
I've done this successfully with about 8 R0 cameras so far, but not yet a 2732F-IS.
The method involves making some changes to mtdblock6, in other words extending the 'mtd hack' such that it avoids the traps in the newer EN firmware.
If I said 'extract a copy of mtdblock6 and the results of running the 'prtHardInfo' command and send via 'Conversations' is that something you could do?
I can supply instructions if required.