Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

anakreont

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok i used difriend PC and I upload soft but orginal soft which is in folder I cant upload so I used chinesse 5.2.5 soft and now is working but I have chinese language :( and I dont know why in cloud ezviz cam is offline

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you read the thread use the Firmware from first topic if you have chinese camera

anakreont

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes thats why I used chinese firmaware V5.2.5 build 141201 but in oryginal I had english language with also V5.2.5 build 141201 so now i am confused why I don't have english language

Reaction score
I suspect my camera DS-2CD2335-I has a region set that prevents the camera working with NVR directly. It works if it's on same LAN though but not directly plugged in to NVR. Camera has 5.4.0 firmware built 160401.

Has anyone tried to downgrade the firmware or has another trick to make it work directly on NVR's POE?

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, this has nothing to do with region if it works on the regular LAN Side.

Surely it fails to configure automattically. You can add it manually if you put the IP to the correct subnet 192.168.215.xxx (depends on settings) of the POE Side of the NVR, then add all details manually in the NVR.

In no case try to downgrade 5.4 china cameras it will kill the camera with no solution currently to get back.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It works if it's on same LAN though but not directly plugged in to NVR. Camera has 5.4.0 firmware built 160401.
No, this has nothing to do with region if it works on the regular LAN Side.
Agreed.
If that was a problem, you'd get 'language mismatch' when connected to the LAN as well.

The problem with not working on PoE ports is configuration-related.
The 'Plug and Play' is problematic on that camera/NVR combination.
See my reply to your other post for a suggested method.

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick answer.

This is the 2MP Version of my camera. I bought the 3MP Version by AliExpress. http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_498_i11775.html

The older Version of ivms-4200 works fine but I couldn't find some Features like privacy mask or Motion detection. Do you have an idea how I can use this features with the older v2.00.01.04?
Hi Bodyguard! I have the same camera (2DE3304W-DE) with the same problem (only Chinese). Since your post is from February I was hoping you've found some solution to get it in English...have you?

Thanks!

paperc07

n3wb
Reaction score
let me know as well I have the 2de3304wde and I cant get motion to work in web interface but I could get email. But if I try and use IVMS4200 I can't get email to work, haven't tried motion yet

bejahnel

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to thank the OP whoslooking!! I did something stupid, I usually do. I learn the hard way. I have over 15 years in IT. My mistake? Amazon Prime customer, need a cam, buy one with what looks like a lot of positive review, hooked it up quickly and told myself to get back to it later to tweak it. So a year later, without thinking if I had a Chinese or US version, you guessed it, I applied the wrong firmware and killed it. I spent hours reading around here and would like to thank everyone else as well.

So my camera showed the 5.3.0_150513 label on the back of it. After spending some time around here but being overwhelmed with all that info, I started to understand the concept of having a Chinese cam and trying to apply a US firmware is a problem. That's what the hiktools utility helps with. Cool. So I got familiar with that. I also used the Downgrader posted here. And not enough patience will hurt you. Not knowing what to expect next will hurt you. Not thinking outside the box and prepare yourself to get feedback for the steps you are taking will hurt you.

I had dead firmware on some HP storage devices costing $20K and up. I also killed firmware on android devices. So I am familiar with methods posted online to revive a dead device by multiple generous people like whoslooking. Many times I was ready to just give up but I'm stubborn, lucky me. LOL (not that great for my Wife sometimes....). So be patient and do not just press buttons unless instructions clearly state so.

Here is what I did and I think I should share with everyone. As a network guy, I check for pulse, meaning I ping, ping and ping so more. Do that. I opened multiple cmd windows with pinging continuously those critical IP addresses. Having more than one computer to do all of this help. I had my laptop on my 192.168.1.x LAN, typical. And I had my desktop set as 192.0.0.128. Subnet set to 255.255.255.0. Nothing else. Then on my desktop (the one with IP 192.0.0.128) open a cmd window and ping 192.0.0.64 continuously (ping 192.0.0.64 -t). It is a heart monitor from now on for your cam you will try to revive. On my laptop which is on my default LAN of 192.168.1.x, I started to ping continuously the 192.168.1.64. Why? Because in some cases the cam might come back or be reset with that IP. It could also be a sign that even if the firmware seemed to have been applied properly (getting a successful TFTP transfer yet not working) AND you will get replies to the 192.168.1.64 address, you will notice that it might not show up in the SADP Tool and it might not open under your browser of your choice (that happened to me SO many times).

Many times I would have the TFTP utility running listening under the 192.0.0.128 interface of my desktop waiting for the cam to boot up and try to fetch a possible firmware update from 192.0.0.128. That's why the cam uses the 192.0.0.64 IP for the first 3-5 seconds it starts the boot process. If the TFTP server doesn't run, then it tries to load the installed firmware (considering it the "OS" of the cam). If the "OS" is dead then it will lock up and go into recovery mode. Bottom line you need to go to square one and try again.

In my successful attempts, I saw this:
. TFTP server running under the 192.0.0.128 with digicap.dav file ready to be served through tftp protocol to 192.0.0.64 (the cam).
2. Power up cam then watched the TFTP status window for activity AND watched the continuous ping on my desktop as well to 192.0.0.64.
3. I can see the camera started to respond to pings at 192.0.0.64 and the TFTP server starting to serve (transmit) the firmware file (digicap.dav). If you read around here you will find out what it should say.
4. Now here is the thing, once it says it completed the transfer to the cam, the continuous ping to 192.0.0.64 should be steady and not stop until you get the TFTP message that says "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!". If the ping stops before you ever get the "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!" message then back to square one. Period. (wrong firmware, corrupt firmware, bad network cable, bad attempt, missed something, wrong region that might need to be addressed with hiktools, etc). NOW, if you get the successful message of "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!", things can be different based on what I read around here. See next step.
5. I got the "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!" message multiple times. Even with wrong firmwares. And after that the cam stays on. What I noticed is that the cam tends to start responding to the 192.168.1.64 pings and from what I experienced, it's NO good. I can't see it in SADP Tool unless it's in recovery mode (useless for me) or the it is inaccessible via browser.
6. Close the TFTP utility so you don't apply the firmware twice as you will reboot cam in next step.
7. So I had to turn off power to the cam then turn it back on. Consistently. The cam NEVER rebooted on its own, ever. And trust me I flashed this thing SO many times trying to revive it. So you might run into this issue. Either way the continuous ping to 192.0.0.64 will eventually stops. I ended up waiting even though I couldn't tell for how long, just in case there was still things happening "behind my back".
8. Now when you manually reboot it, just watch your two pinging windows. YUou should at least see a little bit (2) of the replies from 192.0.0.64, looking for a TFTP server then it should move on. In my case, it stopped one ping once (timeout) then it showed 192.0.0.64. I was freaking out since the TFTP server was not running. I didn't know what was going on. I looked at the pings coming one after another from 192.0.0.64. I was also looking at the front of the camera and noticed the IR LEDs turned off. I started to get excited.
9. I looked over to my SADP Tool and sure enough, the 192.0.0.64 device showed up with the 5.2.5 firmware!!!! I changed the settings to freflect my home LAN with an IP in the 192.168.1.x subnet. Used the 12345 default password. It should immediately tell you it successfully got applied.
10. Open your browser and point to that new IP you assigned. And sure enough, I got to access my super dead now alive cam. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I had one extra issue: it was all in Chinese. Lucky for me I had another Hikvision cam with fairly close version of firmware so without knowing chinese I managed to get to some of the configuration fairly easy. So what's next? Wll I used whoslooking MTD hack. I read the thread but more importantly watched the video. Again, I guess maybe because of my background I could easily understand why the steps were taken and how to proceed. That doesn't mean I understand deeply what's going on behind the scenes. But monkey see monkey do and after messing around with the right path syntax (there is a backslash I overlooked in the video to the share folder), I was back in business on first try.

WHATEVER you do: patience, triple check, read, watch, and repeat. You will succeed.

Sorry for the very long post. Hope it is therapeutic. :)
Sounds like I'm in the same boat here. I can ping 192.168.1.64 and tftp to it and change firmware. I have had it come back up and it either shows firmware being 4.8 or I can load CN version of 5.3. The camera works and I can get to it, but I can't change any settings or access from the web browser. I've cleared cache, tried other browsers and nothing works. Would you be willing to share what firmware you used to get yours to respond on the 192.0.0 network? I have not see it respond once in the last day and a half that I have been trying to get this back up and running. SADP shows it up with the 1.64 and I can activate it, the date shows in English so I'm not really sure what is going on, but if I can at least get it back to being managed from a web browser I can probably get it back to English from there.

Thanks for any help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP shows it up with the 1.64 and I can activate it, the date shows in English
That suggests it is working OK, on the default 192.168.1.64 IP address, which may not be in the same (unstated) range as your network.
Can you change the IP address with SADP to one on your LAN and then access with the browser?

bejahnel

n3wb
Reaction score
My computer is set with 1.70 I open up the web browser and it gives me the firmware language mismatch in web/lib or something like that for the folder location. I suppose I could change the ip of the camera to my actual network. I just added the 1.70 to my nic in Windows so I could ping it.

I'll have to try this next week and let you know. Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, it's not the IP address that's the problem, it's a language mismatch between the firmware and the camera region.

bejahnel

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, that's what I figured after all the reading I did. However, I'm not quite sure what I need to do. The Chinese version of the firmware is what seemed to load fine, but what do I need to change in that to make it work? I've used the hiktools.exe to change the language file of English firmware to Chinese language flag and that didn't work. I have read that some Chinese camera sources do something to change the region code, is there a way to find out what mine is, so I know what firmware I need?

I asked the supplier for firmware and they told me to buy it, not sure where or why I'd need to buy firmware. Also not sure what exact version of the firmware I'd need.

hzx505

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2CD3942F-I picture turns red, do not know the last upgrade file wrong, come and look. Thank you

Xpromtm3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, is it possible to change the region and language of the Hikvision cameras ds2xx0? And what's the problem? There are also firmwares for Hikvision ds2xx2. Which appeared a long time ago. Thank you.

eullin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Friend

I have the Ip Cam Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW buy in China, Aliexpress, ebay... I do not remember...

Is possible upgrade to version 5.4.0?
The current version is V5.2.3 build 141024 & Version Codificador V5.0 build 140714

Versión de firmware V5.2.3 build 141024
Versión codificador V5.0 build 140714

adjunt picture

Thanks
Regards

grigalis

n3wb
Reaction score
Still relevant. I had a brick, now I have a working cam again. You is some smart guys!
(I got the usual fob off from HiKVision - don't support grey imports, but given this is all possible, why the hell do they go out of their way to be difficult? Surely even pointing peeps this way would be a minimal customer service.
Thanks guys!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's because the support guys at Hik UK have no clue about the products they sell.

alexf40

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've bricked my camera and hoping for some help :)

It was a DS-2CD2332-I which was running 5.2.0 build 140721. (CH cam from aliexpress with English language).

It had the CBX hack which I thought allowed me to update the firmware. So I tried to update to 5.3.0 build 151016 and am now getting "firmware language mismatch" error preventing me from logging in and accessing the camera.

After reading lots of posts on here, I tried following the TFTP downgrade procedure Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English but I keep getting errors with TFTP Server.
  • PC IP set to 192.0.0.128 mask 255.255.255.0
  • Firewall turned off
  • Antivirus turned off
  • Camera and PC connected to POE switch (other cameras still connected)
  • TFTP installed at C:\TFTP-Update
When I run TFTP, the initialisation message appears, then I get a 'connect client failure,0' message until I plug back in the camera, I then get 'Device[192.0.0.64] test tftpserver' message and then it goes back to 'connect client failure,0' and continues to keep giving the same error.

I've tried the digcap.dav file at the start of the thread and have also tried using 5.1.6 and the same messages appear.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Alex