Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Tilman, that's some mighty nice lawn striping you got there!
Ha yes....we need rain bad here, been a dry last 4 weeks.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ update: I can now confirm using the new 4.7.6.17 of BI using the new "Dahua New" setting works great now under the latest firmware release.

ptzset.JPG

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I'm zero turn shopping now. There are so many to choose from my head is spinning. 1 1/2 acres to mow.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
My Ariens is going on 13 years and still runs like new and my friend sells then as well ;)

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's my backyard camera now in place :) My father had some 6mm thick steel plates around and he welded them together to around 65 degree angle by my request, and then I drilled some holes and made some wooden supports between the metal and shed roofboards to make it attach evenly, and also added a smaller steel plate behind all this (so out of 6 bolts, 4 are attached to that metal plate behind as well). This thing weights a lot, but it seems to hold :) I put all those wires under the camera inside a junction box (IP65). The roof plate is a bit wider than the base, and although it does not protect the camera 100% from rain or snow, but at least it helps a bit :)

This thing can now monitor almost my whole backyard, I just need to configure those privacy masks first...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great engineering. I really prefer using the round bar mounting system design. Less drag from wind. I would also find a way to attach some sort of safety cable to your setup.

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great engineering. I really prefer using the round bar mounting system design. Less drag from wind. I would also find a way to attach some sort of safety cable to your setup.
I thought about some sort of pole mount as well but eventually decided not to use that, when I saw how big (of diameter) pole was needed for this camera's pole mount. And I wanted to save some money, this was basically free :) Originally I thought to use some sort of board, but quickly ditched that because it would break eventually. This should not, the steel is thick enough to support a man, says my father who is metalworker (and it does, I used the same steel but a lot smaller part to fix my garden swing) :)

Safety cable is good idea, but not sure where I could attach it... The weight for this system means that either the cable rips loose from the wall etc or if it holds, the camera hits the wall and probably breaks anyway. So I just hope this system holds, it seems sturdy enough :)

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds good. It looked like the piece coming down attaching to your garage was wood hence why I wasn't sure of the strength. A mount is only as strong as its weakest link.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd be a bit leary of the 2d ribbon geometry in terms of fore/aft wobble and eventual metal fatigue.
Is there at least a spine welded on the back side (vertical but 90 degrees to main plane)?

+1 on the safety cable. Keep it short leashed and there won't be too much of sudden shock force.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Gilean , will the little roof on top of the camera not reflect your IR back badly, if you tilt the camera up to it's max? If so, maybe paint it mat black on the underside.

But for the rest, great idea, except for the flat bar. Would have gone with a pole style due to wind hitting it. It will get it's resonance frequency sooner or later with some wind i guess.

A pole with a spiral wrapped and fixed around it would break the wind, and stabilize the pole. High industrial chimney's also use that principle :)

But again, thumbs up for the effort and tinkering on making a mount.

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There's no extra spine welded on the back, but like said, the metal should be thick enough (and also because it's attached with 6 bolts) that it only wobbled a bit when I whacked it with a hammer (one bolt was jammed a bit, but before mounting camera there naturally) :) It might not have to hold but 2 years or so, as I plan to move eventually. I agree that pole would have been better what comes to wind, but I didn't have any pole big/strong enough for this purpose...

Good point about IR reflection. I only tried it on its place during daytime. Then again, it's so high up that most of the time camera will be tilted downwards anyway, so there should not be reflections. But time will tell :)

mattwaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
e with a 2
Ok after much reading on this forum, i've decided to purchase this camera (SD49225T-HN) with the following supporting pieces.

POE+ Injector
Microphone
Corner Mount Bracket PFA151
Wall Mount Bracket PFA120

I'm hoping that all works out, as this is my first time buying a camera so be gentle with me :)

The only bit I'm not too sure on (even after reading posts) is how to power the microphone and camera. I understand I can buy a POE splitter, and then feed the microphone with pass through to the camera, but I've also read it's not possible to do it on a single cat5/6 run. Is that definitely the case? as it seems that maybe people have got it working with other cameras but maybe not this one due to the power required? Any help to get me over this last hurdle would be appreciated
Ok so the bits above arrived, and a quick test last night the camera seems to power up ok and I can reach it via IP which is good. The mic comes with RCA connections but the camera just has three wires coming out for audio, I thought I'd seen RCA so that must have been for another camera. What are people using to interface with RCA to the camera? The mic is the Microseven M7WP-MIC, I've still not got an answer for powering it without running in a second cable....Hoping it will work unpowered for now, with some pickup...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RicRat2009

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so the bits above arrived, and a quick test last night the camera seems to power up ok and I can reach it via IP which is good. The mic comes with RCA connections but the camera just has three wires coming out for audio, I thought I'd seen RCA so that must have been for another camera. What are people using to interface with RCA to the camera? The mic is the Microseven M7WP-MIC, I've still not got an answer for powering it without running in a second cable....Hoping it will work unpowered for now, with some pickup...
You will need one of these to connect the camera wires to.
2608F1E8-3956-4AAF-B8B1-4B3FF703FE76.jpeg
You will need to run a second power source to the mic. I used a wall wart with a extension cable.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will need one of these to connect the camera wires to.
View attachment 32444
You will need to run a second power source to the mic. I used a wall wart with a extension cable.
That’s exactly what I used for my mics. As far as the wall wart I was having trouble with one picking up a lot of static, hum and general interference. I used a 9 volt battery and it works amazing. I may just look to amazon for a small solar panel and rechargable 9 volt battery set up.

The location and mount he has there looks like a prime candidate for that solar project I’m talking about.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your picking up hum and static, make sure your equipment is plugged into at a minimum a sine wave ups. That's usually a sign of dirty power/ bad grounding. This is what I use
Minuteman UPS - Security