Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think this is doable with just a 500 ohm resistor and 100 ufd capacitor to convert the camera's 12 volt input into a filtered, 12 volt mic power output.

(edited to correct 500 ohm value from prior 50)

Last edited:

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this is doable with just a 50 ohm resistor and 100 ufd capacitor to convert the camera's 12 volt input into a filtered, 12 volt mic power output.
Please show how this is done.

c.grex

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody could advise?
I’m thinking of getting this camera or another suitable for outside in same price range. I currently have a Dahua NVR4208-8P (bought 2014). Would This camera run from a Cat6 run I already have or would I need more power?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting this camera or another suitable for outside in same price range. I currently have a Dahua NVR4208-8P (bought 2014). Would This camera run from a Cat6 run I already have or would I need more power?
If that NVR supports POE+ then it would work, if you can plug the cam directly into the NVR. Otherwise you would need a POE+ injector as noted in the first post of this thread.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
PoE
8 ports (IEEE802.3at/af)

Yes, you can run this camera via the 4108-8P. I have the same, but it is now EOL (End Off Life) at Dahua, so i have it running as a backup storage in my network now as a piggyback. The camera is now connected to a managed switch.

But it will run fine on your NVR :)

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed with this camera that when you try to set up a tour by selecting presets, you cannot set any lower duration (meaning that how long camera stays at pre-defined spot) than 15 seconds? Log in to camera web service, then PTZ -> Function -> Tour. At least for me, I can change the duration to for example 3 seconds, but when I choose "refresh", it goes back to 15 seconds. If I try longer duration, say, 17 seconds, that stays even after refreshing.
tour.jpg
Or how do you set up these cameras so that they "patrol" across your yard, 15 seconds at one spot is quite too long in my opinion, 3 seconds would be better I think.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed with this camera that when you try to set up a tour by selecting presets, you cannot set any lower duration (meaning that how long camera stays at pre-defined spot) than 15 seconds? Log in to camera web service, then PTZ -> Function -> Tour. At least for me, I can change the duration to for example 3 seconds, but when I choose "refresh", it goes back to 15 seconds. If I try longer duration, say, 17 seconds, that stays even after refreshing.
View attachment 32795
Or how do you set up these cameras so that they "patrol" across your yard, 15 seconds at one spot is quite too long in my opinion, 3 seconds would be better I think.
Tried mine...seems 15 is low as you can set ??

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried mine...seems 15 is low as you can set ??
That's what I thought... I don't understand why though. With camera staying at one spot for that long, even the most geriatric burglar can slip away when camera is looking away... :/

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahh nice, I have just been cursing about how privacy mask works just fine with Dahua turret cameras, but with this one, it's a mess. I have to try it, as this might be why it's not possible to move privacy mask because the black square is bigger than actual borders of that mask.

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Upgraded, and while camera still works like normal (at least, so far so good), that privacy mask drawing did NOT get fixed. It's still very buggy and if you place it in wrong place (which is easy, considering the square appears in different place where your mouse cursor is, AND is bigger as well), you cannot move it at all... Meaning that if you have several privacy masks (as with PTZ you very well might have), your only option is to delete them all (as you can't select a single mask) and try drawing them all over again...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upgraded, and while camera still works like normal (at least, so far so good), that privacy mask drawing did NOT get fixed. It's still very buggy and if you place it in wrong place (which is easy, considering the square appears in different place where your mouse cursor is, AND is bigger as well), you cannot move it at all... Meaning that if you have several privacy masks (as with PTZ you very well might have), your only option is to delete them all (as you can't select a single mask) and try drawing them all over again...
Did you set the cam back to defaults after upgrading?

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All right, I did set camera to defaults. First I thought I lost connection to my camera as it didn't want to come back online after it rebooted itself, but it was just my DHCP server giving my camera new IP address... :) Anyway, defaulting camera did not help. Privacy masking is still very much bugged and broken. Oh, and I also found out that import/export function does not work, at least it did not restore my presets and other settings as I thought it would... I would love to see Dahua engineers to show me how they actually "fixed" privacy masking...

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All right, I did set camera to defaults. First I thought I lost connection to my camera as it didn't want to come back online after it rebooted itself, but it was just my DHCP server giving my camera new IP address... :) Anyway, defaulting camera did not help. Privacy masking is still very much bugged and broken. Oh, and I also found out that import/export function does not work, at least it did not restore my presets and other settings as I thought it would... I would love to see Dahua engineers to show me how they actually "fixed" privacy masking...
Welcome to the world of Dahua firmware updates for the 49225 :D the last one I installed caused a big slow down in the focus acquisition when switching between presets, the earlier revision didn't have this problem. What can you do :idk: With all that being said I stand by my previous comments that for the money this is still an excellent camera, just wish the firmware was more consistent.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Dahua firmware updates for the 49225 :D the last one I installed caused a big slow down in the focus acquisition when switching between presets, the earlier revision didn't have this problem. What can you do :idk: With all that being said I stand by my previous comments that for the money this is still an excellent camera, just wish the firmware was more consistent.
I am not seeing the slow focus on mine...is your PFA on ?

ptzs.JPG

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am not seeing the slow focus on mine...is your PFA on ?

View attachment 32878
Thanks Tinman, yes I tried it with PFA on and off but makes no difference, might even be slightly better with it off, when zooming in and camera is in a fixed position I would say the PFA helps compared to previous firmware which is the idea in theory but when switching direction between presets it is slower than any firmware I've had, this is on version 2.622.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-04-04 so not this very latest one. I am running custom exposure/shutter settings so maybe the firmware I have now doesn't like those compared to the older version, difficult to say.