Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by ldasilva, Jan 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. reverend

reverend Pulling my weight

Just purely if it was a special character usually they need an escape character for it to know not to process it, ie the back slash character in Linux is an escape character so if that was in a username or password it would need special handling.

Are you familiar with Wireshark as it may be worth running that on the BI machine to see what http requests are actually being sent to the camera as that may highlight an issue.

2. Dave Lonsdale

Dave Lonsdale Getting the hang of it

Wire shark is probably well beyond my competence level, for now I’ve emailed support.

3. Dave Lonsdale

Hi Hound Dog 911

Ken Pletzer himself has replied to my BI support request. His reply as follows:-

The software is definitely sending the correct user name. Could this be a bug in the camera firmware? Have you tried another ONVIF software, ODM (ONVIF device manager)?

If you want to send a WAN address with the proper ports forwarded I will try ODM as well.

I replied, thanking him for his support and that I will try and figure out how to use ODM. (Perhaps also Wireshark). I do, though have a like problem on more than one camera type and also so do you with your 49225.

Unfortunately, I’m away on holiday at the moment and wondered if in the meantime, you are able to establish if ODM reports a valid ONVIF camera name etc for your 49225 when the password is not set to “admin”?

Hound Dog 911 likes this.
  4. Hound Dog 911

Hound Dog 911 Getting comfortable

Ran into rough times here at home. The mother of our basset pups passed away after birth of 8 puppies. It's been exhausting and emotional here. Bottle feeding 8 puppies is not fun. Enjoy your vacation.

5. bigredfish

bigredfish Known around here

Tough deal. No doubt you have your hands full.

6. J Sigmo

J Sigmo Known around here

Sorry to hear that. But I'll bet those pups will be adorable if they do well. Good luck with them.

7. Dave Lonsdale

Hey Hound Dog 911, you must be gutted with the loss of your basset. Being a dog lover myself I really feel it for you.

Forget about CCTV problems, concentrate on the pups.

Kind regards
    Dave

8. Hound Dog 911

AC/DC Bassets

When we started we just wanted to share what a wonderful breed of dogs we think bassets are. Most people that breed rehome their dogs when they are done breeding, ours are family. They live inside with us, sleep with us, are family. Lila was my wifes shadow. She's taking it the hardest. Needless to say we are not breeding again after this litter. We won't lose another family member like this. I like our bassets more than most people. ‍♂️ We did switch to tube feeding which sounds scary and is the first time you do it but makes life so much simpler feeding 8 puppies every 4 hours. Nap time. Thanks for all the nice comments. I actually came here because I wanted cameras to make sure our babies were being watched all the time. Anyway, thanks again.

looney2ns, bigredfish and J Sigmo like this.
  9. Waldo

Waldo Getting the hang of it

Sorry to hear of your loss Hound Dog. After we lost our last pet I vowed to have nothing more than a pet rock.

...but on another note, someone on this thread a while back was wondering about dome temperatures and this threads domes in particulair.
    I've got 2 SD49225s one with Nort East exposure ("Front") the other with South West exposure ("Rear").
    Over 4 days I recorded camera Temperatures and ambient temperatures, humidity and wind every hour.
    Attached spread sheet of same.

Bottom lines; Camera Temps average about 40 degrees higher than ambient, doing normal PTZing (not continuiously) adds about 2 degrees, camera lens facing the sun results in significantly lower camera temps than when facing 90-180 degrees away from sun, wind lowers camera temps significantly.

Attached Files:

10. brcarls

brcarls n3wb

Is there a recommended firmware for this camera? I have one and twice now (last week, and about a year ago), the camera went offline for days. Both times, I tried a different POE+ injector, which didn't help. The activity light didn't blink, I couldn't access the web UI and no video in Blue Iris. Both times I gave up troubleshooting and it eventually just started working again in a few days.

The first time this happened, I ran a new ethernet cable to it, but that didn't help either.

11. Hound Dog 911

Lost 3 pups before getting things sorted out. Been a nightmare. Up every 4 hours to feed for 2 weeks now. Ugh!

12. Waldo

Sounds about normal for these cameras. Try making the IP static on the camera and on your router

13. brcarls

brcarls n3wb

That's disappointing to hear... I am already using static IP addresses.

14. TL1096r

TL1096r Pulling my weight

What is latest firmware everyone is running.

So far no issue:
    2018-11-24 dated firmware 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR

15. Hound Dog 911

My camera has been flawless other than loss of PTZ with a recent BI update. My fw is old and needs updated. I don't even know where to begin to find it. Very little time right now.

16. TL1096r

TL1096r Pulling my weight

No ptz issue so that is good.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

@EMPIRETECANDY should have firmware

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  17. Waldo

If it's working I highly recommend to NOT update it - the firmware(s) for this camera and or the camera are really flaky.
    I'm afraid to even remove power from one i flashed an earler firmware as it's hanging in there.
    In the past removing power then powering back up caused it to go back to no access.

18. Hound Dog 911

Never had any issues like that. It's been a solid unit. Just want ptz access back and only get it if I make the password "admin".

19. Waldo

That's a new one.
    There's another thread about lack of access, nearly as long as this one.
    If having to use admin for a pass word is the only problem I'd forget it, otherwise good luck.

20. BillG

BillG Getting the hang of it

reverend likes this.
Tags: