IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

jjhdtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Well... I kept digging and now it is doubtful I'm getting out of the hole without substantial assistance.
To recap, and correct a previous post I have always been on firmware : DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_IVS_V2.623.0000000.7.R.181124.bin
Hoping to correct the problem I was having I rolled the dice and flashed : System Version2.622.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-04-04
After the downgrade flash - the video had vertical lines . Reflashed with the same 2.622, video image went all white. Crap, reset all values to factory default and reflashed again. Same result. White video stream.

Attempted to flash back to _V2.623.0000000.7.R.181124.bin. Never did take. Not sure why, it completed and rebooted but still showed 2.622. Video still all white

In a panic hail Mary, I reflashed with Version:V2.600.0000.2.R.20170905. This is the version currently on Duaha's website for this camera (SD49225T-HN,SD49225T HN,SD49225THN)
Now I seem bricked. Camera connects to network with the default address, no open ports shown with port scanner. Can ping with reply. Config tool finds the camera sometimes, but unable to flash using this tool(get login error)
Hard to say but seems like both hardware and firmware issues.

jjhdtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Config tool can find the camera but unsuccessful trying to flash. Cant establish connection. I believe I don't have any open ports into the camera. Have tried multiple versions of the config tool. Not that familiar with config tool. May need some other means of flashing.

kirkhere

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

Short Version:
My Dahua SD49225T-HN camera powers up and appears to go through its startup normally, but it does not appear to the Dahua DH-NVR5216-16P-4KS2 even though the NVR is providing the power to it directly via POE. Any troubleshooting tips to try (after rebooting and reconnecting multiple times)?

Long Version:
I need some advice on how to go about troubleshooting a Dahua SD49225T-HN 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera connected to a DH-NVR5216-16P-4KS2 (Dahua 16/32CH 1U 16PoE 4K&H.265 Network Video Recorder).

I bought these almost 2 years ago, and they've been working together just fine since installation. However 3 days ago the camera display went black, and the NVR no longer acknowledges that the camera is even a device on the network to communicate with (the two are connected directly via a 50 foot Ethernet cable).
  • The Cable: The cable works anywhere else I use it, so it's not the issue:
  • The Camera: did it fail? And, how do I troubleshoot that (without another POE source to swap in)?
  • The NVR: have the powered ports failed? And how to test them (without another POE camera/device at hand)?
I'm computer and gear savvy, but I've had little exposure to this kind of gear other than my initial purchase and install, which went without a hitch.

P.S. A bit more info:

1. The NVR appears to work fine: past footage is still present and playable, up to the moment the camera went black (no forewarning, it just goes from picture to black).

Can anyone point me along the right path, or whether there's a software tool to talk to the gear and find out more?

Thank you.

Last edited: