Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by ldasilva, Jan 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. weigle2

weigle2 Pulling my weight

Sorry to butt in here, but your fix to resolve the non-return to home position did not work for me. In addition, I changed the trigger to preset IVS rule from an intrusion zone, to a tripwire. Still no joy.
    The one common denominator for me is that all this is controlled by the NVR. In my case, a 5216-4KS2. Only place I can set this at, via the Web interface. I am running older firmware on it, 3.210.0003.0 Build date 2017-04-18. I am hesitant to update the firmware on the NVR, as it is running rock solid with this version.

I have updated all cams involved to the latest firmware that is stable, reset them to factory defaults, and set everything up again from scratch. Still, the problem persists.

2. weigle2

@Crazykiller - I just found out if I set the intrusion/tripwire I have set up on a preset that is triggered to NOT RECORD, then the camera returns to home after it is triggered. In fact, I set multiple cameras to trigger the PTZ to move to a preset they all work if set this way. It looks like Dahua has it designed this way. The PTZ had set up intrusion/tripwire IVS options with those set to RECORD for the presets that were called by a different camera. By unchecking RECORD for these, the PTZ always returns to the idle time preset without fail.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Crazykiller likes this.
  3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Getting the hang of it

Hey guys I'm considering one of these cameras. I have either the non-auto tracking version or the tracking version in mind. I took a screenshot from Amazon with both of those and was wondering if I would be safe and getting the non-tracking version and saving $160? Does the auto tracking work that good to make it worth while? I'd rather order it with prime and have 12 months to pay it off and get it quickly instead of going through China which with the tarriff situation makes me a little hesitant. I took a screenshot of the options so you could let me know which you think would be good. I included a 3 year warranty extension do you think those have any value? Peace of mind at least.

Attached Files:

4. MarcW

MarcW Young grasshopper

Tariffs only apply to shipments worth more than $800 so you will not have to pay any Tariff tax.

5. erkme73

erkme73 Getting comfortable

Auto tracking works reasonably well. Not good enough to rely on it exclusively. Maybe 80% of the time it finds the correct target and follows it correctly. But when it's wrong, it's really, really wrong.

Contact Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) for a quote. Quick shipping (DHL) great pricing, and awesome service...

An upside I didn't realize when was shopping for the tracking feature is the deterrence. When people move past the camera, it is very obvious that the camera is following their movement. That gives the appearance that someone is watching them in real-time. It's almost creepy, but has the effect of keeping people honest and aware. If I get another PTZ, it will likely have auto tracking, even if it adds 20% to the cost.

BTW - not that it's any of my business, but if you can avoid going into debt to buy it - even if it means postponing the purchase - try to do so.

whatevah likes this.
  6. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Getting the hang of it

I assume either camera should integrate into Blue Iris well enough?

7. looney2ns

looney2ns IPCT Contributor

Yes for blue Iris.
    Be sure you've studied this.. Cliff notes.
    Typically you are better off with more fixed cams instead of a ptz. Yes in some locations auto track can work, but don't depend on it. I have a auto track Ptz, and it's tracking success is probably in 25% range.

Kamakzie likes this.
  8. Baldcamman

Baldcamman Getting the hang of it

Yea fixed is the better way to go, I use this PTZ for wildlife watching more than security. One of the baby red shouldered hawks born on the property.
    Baby Hawk.jpg

9. looney2ns

That's what my PTZ is used for, we call it the critter cam.

EMPIRETECANDY likes this.
  10. Baldcamman

Here is another of both babies 18784.jpeg

11. looney2ns

Which camera is this?

12. Baldcamman

SD49225T-HN

13. Crazykiller

Crazykiller Getting comfortable

Do i understand it Right, you have also IVS in your presets which are set to record and that collides with the triggers?
    I don’t have any IVS rules in the PTZ, only in the other cams which trigger the PTZ. At the moment I’ve set the PTZ to face detection.

14. weigle2

Yes, that is what was causing the PTZ to not go back to the HOME preset. If I had a trigger set up on another camera with record, and the PTZ was triggered to go a a preset position and that also had an IVS rule set up also with record, then once the event times out the PTZ would not go back to the HOME preset. I know it is a little odd to do it this way, but I wanted different shots of an intruder (different angles of view and recordings), but it just did not work out. Once I deleted all the presets for both the triggering camera and the PTZ, recreated them this time without the PTZ presets recording, everything started working with the PTZ going to it's HOME position. Note I also had to sync everything in the NVR, too.

15. Dave McKeen

Dave McKeen Young grasshopper

Hi- I've had my SD49225T-HNI bought from Andy for a couple of years. I had a a Windows 7 PC at the time. I first put the address 192.168.1.108 into Firefox's address bar. I got a notice I'd have to install "the plugin." I clicked on it and it got installed in Internet Explorer! (What is the plugin, anyway? It's installed in C:\Program Files\webrec\Torch\3.0.0.3). Anyway, I did what I wanted and I could control the cam and do the manual surveillance I needed.

I put together a new PC a year ago running Windows 10. Went through the same routine and got the plugin installed in IE. Windows protested that I should be using the Edge browser, but I ignored it. Been living happily ever since. UNTIL yesterday, when Win 10 updated itself to the May 1903 update. No more IE! It's gone. along with my PTZ plugin.

I entered the IP address into my Firefox and got a notice I'd have to install it in Chrome. But I don't want to install Chrome! I don't need an NVR right now- just want a plugin for my Firefox- or a stand-alone program/app for Windows 10.

HELP! What are my options? Thanks - Dave

16. aristobrat

aristobrat IPCT Contributor

Firefox and Chrome stopped supporting plugins a year or two back. Plugins add functions to browsers that they can’t do otherwise (like playing certain video formats directly from cameras).

IE 11 is still in 1903, you may need to click the Start menu and type ‘internet’ to find it. Once you do, right-click and pin it somewhere.

Dahua has been updating camera firmware so it works with Firefox and Chrome without a plugin. I don’t think this camera model has been updated yet though.

17. DLONG2

DLONG2 Getting comfortable

Win10 still has IE, although it favors Edge. Look at this location for IE: "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"

18. Crazykiller

Crazykiller Getting comfortable

Hmm, i didn’t hat any IVS rules for any presets. The PTZ records 24/7, so for me was no reason for that. Events in timeline are caused by the other cams and I can sync playback the channels which might be of interest.
    Well, maybe I’ll have to reset all and build it again from scratch. But this is nothing I really like in an environment with more than 17 cams. The new NVR firmware might be a reason if time comes by

19. Hound Dog 911

Hound Dog 911 Pulling my weight

Man this cam has been solid for me since day one. Question for the pros. Using the latest Blue Iris 5 most recent build and all functions such as PTZ and zoom have quit working. If I delete that cam and do the find function, all goes well but doesn't work at all. Black error screen. If I do a search again it changes the parameters and I get video but lose the functionality described above. Any help would be appreciated.

20. Dave Lonsdale

Dave Lonsdale Getting the hang of it

This seems like a problem I’m having - discussed in a different post with a different camera. I don’t suppose if, when doing the “find/inspect”, it reports “bad response” to “requesting device information” does it? And if you change the password to “admin” it then finds the cam name correctly even though you didn’t change the password in the camera does it? (but still no video).

If so, then everything may work perfectly if you change the password to admin in the camera too - just as a test.

Tags: