Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Dr Noisewater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy - I got your invoice and sent the funds. Let me know if we are all good with both cameras. I am assuming these are NTSC correct?

Dr Noisewater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What switch would I get to power these 2 cameras only for testing? I would most likely get a professional switch when I move into the new home so this is just temporary.
How about basic software, is there something decent I can get that will allow me to view the cameras from an app on the iphone and also on the desktop?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can just use PoE+ injectors/midspans if you only have two cameras to test..

You can get SmartPSS for Windows/Mac, gDMSS for Android, and iDMSS for iOS.. they work very well IMHO.

Dr Noisewater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nayr - How much power is needed for each camera? If I get this wrong can I damage the camera with the injectors?
Ill check out the software

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
You can just use PoE+ injectors/midspans if you only have two cameras to test..

You can get SmartPSS for Windows/Mac, gDMSS for Android, and iDMSS for iOS.. they work very well IMHO.
didn't know smartpss was free, hmmm, might be fun to play with.

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What shutter speed were you using on your night test video?

I'll have to check for you, but here's another video showing some of the occupants of the drug house at the end of our street coming/going in the one night. Whatever setting it's on is fine for my purposes, as I can can clearly ID each person

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not bad at all. Seems like an impressive unit, especially for the price! If it had a wiper, I'd be ordering one now...Guess there's not much hope for finding some kind of after-market wiper that could somehow be attached and wired in?

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just after some advice regarding this camera.

For some reason the date/time displayed has frozen as of yesterday - both when viewed via the live stream through the internet browser and Blue Iris. It now permanently displays 2017-02-08 22:13:12

I've logged into the camera through a browser and gone to the date/time settings under System > General and clicked on the 'Sync PC' button (which displays the correct date/time) followed by 'Save' and it says Save Succeeded, however the live stream or Blue Iris is still frozen.

I've removed the date/time overlay in Blue Iris from day one. Also I can alter any of the other camera settings through the browser without any issues. Restarting the camera didn't help either.

Anyone else experience something similar and know how to fix it?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
have you tried a NTP Server? might try resetting it to defaults