Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did as you suggested. The XP computer and the camera alone. It did not work.
I tried this last week (connect camera directly to computer), did not work. The camera needs to powered up with POE+. I had to change the IP address of my POE+ switch to 192.168.1.x and also the computer. Once I did that, I was able to log in to the camera and change the IP address to 192.168.0.x.

Reaction score
Hook the new cam directly to your computer....nothing else. Then restart your computer. Now try to connect to the cam in IE using 192.168.1.108 Once you are in camera UI change the IP to your subnet.....like for cam 192.168.0.108 and gateway 192.168.0.1 Make sure one of your current cams is not using 192.168.0.108. My config tool did not work that came with my cam.

View attachment 15604
Why would connecting the camera directly to the NIC in your computer work? It shouldn't as a NIC does not normally have any POE/POE+ functionality. Another words, it ain't gonna power the camera.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this camera should come with an AC power brick you can use to power it up w/out PoE+.. but mebe thats only the Intelligent ones.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why would connecting the camera directly to the NIC in your computer work? It shouldn't as a NIC does not normally have any POE/POE+ functionality. Another words, it ain't gonna power the camera.
I think he meant with switch.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this camera should come with an AC power brick you can use to power it up w/out PoE+.. but mebe thats only the Intelligent ones.
I got the HN it did not come with an AC power brick.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Sorry, I just figured you knew to power the camera via the 12v plug....if you don't have a power supply then you will have to use the POE+ switch in between your pc and cam and then change the subnet.

BTW everyone should have one of these to test with....I prefer to use the power supply if it is available anyway.
12V 5A 60W Power Supply AC to DC Adapter for 5050 3528 Flexible LED Strip Light | eBay

For HN models only
Nice cheap and powerful power supply recommendation. Thanks.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

russedgar

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried this last week (connect camera directly to computer), did not work. The camera needs to powered up with POE+. I had to change the IP address of my POE+ switch to 192.168.1.x and also the computer. Once I did that, I was able to log in to the camera and change the IP address to 192.168.0.x.
My wife got it to working last night. She changed the computer IP address to 192.168.1.108. Logged into the camera, changed the camera IP to 198.168.0.108, and then reset the computer back to 192.168.0.xx. Camera works great. Thank you, everyone for replying.

Best regards,

Russ

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice.glad it works:)

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 49225T night time image is a lot better than my Hiks. But I know there has to be better settings. My settings are factory default of 50. Anybody know what settings I should change it to, so I am not “whited” like in the photo?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your whited out because your wearing IR reflective clothing; and at that level of zoom its not going to auto adjust to you.. but if you zoomed in it would adjust and darken the rest of the image.

try turning on WDR under Backlight and put it ~20%

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any other url/protocol to connect to this device other than rtsp? I'm noticing that viewing the live stream in internet explorer webpage on windows is smoother than when viewing the stream with ffmpeg/rtsp. Seems more jittery and jerky when using ffmpeg.

My url which I'm using is this:
rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no, rtsp is all you get.. try forcing ffmpeg into using tcp as it defaults to udp

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
WDR turned to 20% maybe a little bit better.
Just got one of these cameras today. I noticed it has a "Face Detection" setting that is not ON by default. Have you tried turning this setting ON?

It also has an Enable Face Enhancement setting as well if you turn on Face Detection.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just got one of these cameras today. I noticed it has a "Face Detection" setting that is not ON by default. Have you tried turning this setting ON?
The face detect setting is just for alerts/alarms and if it's enabled you lose other functions like line crossing detection. Nothing like a point and shoot camera's face detection that tries to make sure the face is in focus.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The face detect setting is just for alerts/alarms and if it's enabled you lose other functions like line crossing detection. Nothing like a point and shoot camera's face detection that tries to make sure the face is in focus.
I see, thanks for the correction.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Giving one of these a try. It arrived today. Guess I need to study the manual a little more which may answer some questions but deciphering the English is proving to be a tough challenge in spots...Then after reading the "do not clean with gasoline" part, I had to take a break to rub my head. lol. Just ruins my plans, I was just getting ready to go to the Exxon station and get a gallon of fuel to clean the lens! o_O Maybe someone has some quick info to save me some frustration...

1. The metal wire/strap coming out of the white part of the unit. I'm assuming this is for grounding?

2. Noticed there's 2 rubber gaskets in a packet that are shaped similar to a slice of bread. Any idea where these go? First glance around the unit and I don't see any obvious seals where this would fit on.