Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that a moisture packet ??
IMG_20170301_101514.JPG

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
can't take this out of the PTZ, or else the moisture will cover the lens. better not to open any PTZ, if not do well, rain will in. Then camera dead.
yeah i left it in....the screws were tight!
only reason to open was to install SD-card

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I was gonna say you have to open them to mess with the sd card or reset just put it back on and tighten the screws and I'd think it would be fine.

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah i left it in....the screws were tight!
only reason to open was to install SD-card
I wonder if those screws have blue loctite for just that reason... keep the average curious person out. The 3 screws that came with it to attach the camera to the mount had little dabs of pre-applied blue loctite on them so that's my guess. Blue is a medium strength version so yeah, it'll take a little torque but a good, non-stripped screwdriver should handle it (or in the case of those 3 set screws, the hex wrench has no problems at all, especially when using the longer handled end as your lever).

Mine is still sitting in my living room, waiting for a better day to replace the old one. Sigh... I grow more and more weary of the dismal auto-focusing of the Reolink PTZ the more I use my new Dahua. I mean, I think I spent 5 minutes last night just getting my Reolink to focus on a new zoom level when it was already in IR mode and pretty dark out.

I've been zooming in a bit more to the street ever since my neighbor had his entire trailer full of tools stolen at 3 AM. Yeah... they checked it out, hitched up his entire 10-12' enclosed trailer and took off in under 5 minutes. Found it miles away, cleaned out and dumped in some random dude's garden. My Reolink caught the whole thing but I was zoomed out to get the overall view so it was nowhere near being able to read a license plate or even get a good idea of the model truck it was except being an F150 probably.

In fact, although I'd already been eyeballing this Dahua, it was that event that made me go ahead and click the purchase button. I mean, I've got my own stuff too and these crooks may have figured this was a good hunting ground. Of course if they were closer to my house grabbing my stuff I hope my array of cameras would get a much better view of them than of my neighbor 150-200' away, but still... We've talked about trying to mount a dedicated camera pointed at the entrance to the culdesac just to capture license plates or at least better images of who/what as they drive up. I've been reading up on nayr's other posts on dedicated LPR cameras and what kinds of settings to use (fast shutter of course, for example). We'll see.

At any rate, I'm hoping the improved night vision of the Dahua starlight model helps out.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does a single cat 5 cable running to this camera (or any ptz) from a Poe switch or Poe capable nvr power the camera?

Or do you need an additional power supply?
Mine is powered by my Dahua 5416 POE NVR on a CAT6 line. Works great.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is a capture from today. Lots of smog in the air, so video is not as clear as it can be.

Did you turn on the defog option? That may edit out some of the smog.

How do you think it compares thus far to the other cams you've used? Particularly in the daytime as a weather cam. I've had good results with the Huisun for cloud watching. I know it'll do circles around it at night and has a lot more zoom, but wondering how the day compares in terms of color balance and so forth.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like sf

Update:err NM.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you turn on the defog option? That may edit out some of the smog.

How do you think it compares thus far to the other cams you've used? Particularly in the daytime as a weather cam. I've had good results with the Huisun for cloud watching. I know it'll do circles around it at night and has a lot more zoom, but wondering how the day compares in terms of color balance and so forth.
Regarding color balance, at times the default color seems to have a very slight yellow tint. Just before I recorded the video this morning I adjusted the Chroma CNT setting down to 5. It seemed to help with that morning sun. However, right now I don't see any tint at all and so the camera is back to the default setting of 50. It just maybe I'm not familiar with the camera yet. This is my first Dahua camera.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Regarding color balance, at times the default color seems to have a very slight yellow tint. Just before I recorded the video this morning I adjusted the Chroma CNT setting down to 5. It seemed to help with that morning sun. However, right now I don't see any tint at all and so the camera is back to the default setting of 50. It just maybe I'm not familiar with the camera yet. This is my first Dahua camera.
thing about surveillance cameras is, they are outside (usually) and lighting changes SO much that there really isn't much point in trying to tweak the settings too much because it's only going to apply to certain blocks of the day and then it's off others, may as well just leave it to auto lol. unless you are trying to make a specific video while you are sitting there watching something.

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a firefox plugin that works in linux? The plugin works fine on windows of course, but I run linux exclusively and I get a 404 error when trying to click the link to view the video.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a firefox plugin that works in linux? The plugin works fine on windows of course, but I run linux exclusively and I get a 404 error when trying to click the link to view the video.
you get 404 when you try to watch a youtube video? sounds broken, I can watch youtube fine in ubuntu.