Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like there's new firmware for this unit on the Dahua international site....[PTZ]General_SD49XXXS-HN_V3.02.20.R.170116 available here:

Firmware

Bottom listing on that page and says it's compatible with
I just downloaded it but haven't installed. Release notes are blank, so I'm not sure what it's benefit is. The BIN file shows it was dated 1/16/2017 , yet looks like it was uploaded 3/14/2017...Anyone tried this? I'm too nervous! lol
I'm wondering if there is anything new for SD59225U-HNI, I mean I don't wanna upgrade firmware for no good reason but if there is some fixes or something that would be good to have.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is anything new for SD59225U-HNI, I mean I don't wanna upgrade firmware for no good reason but if there is some fixes or something that would be good to have.
I see they've got one listed on the 4th page, but the release notes are blank on that one also..

Like you, I don't want to risk an upgrade if there's no good reason...Would also kind of like a backup of what I have now just in case the upgrade was somehow worse...

Ordinarily I probably wouldn't even consider installing it except for the fact that I still can't get the shutter speed to manually go slower than 1/3 and the previously discussed white balance issues. Whether or not any of this would be addressed, who knows!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like its PTZ Firmware, there's another board that controls the motors and orientations.. this is probably for it.. having any preset issues or anything?

I dont think this would do anything else to the main board

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I see they've got one listed on the 4th page, but the release notes are blank on that one also..

Like you, I don't want to risk an upgrade if there's no good reason...Would also kind of like a backup of what I have now just in case the upgrade was somehow worse...

Ordinarily I probably wouldn't even consider installing it except for the fact that I still can't get the shutter speed to manually go slower than 1/3 and the previously discussed white balance issues. Whether or not any of this would be addressed, who knows!
you don't get this?

Selection_008.png

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got that, it just doesn't work when I click it...I can switch between 1/1, 1/2 and 1/3 and there's no change in exposure....Any other speeds I click, there's a change in lightning...Plus I'm getting 3 frames per second on my video feed when I'm set on 1/2 or 1/1, which would be impossible. In order to get 3 separate frames per second, the shutter has to be exposing at least 3 times per second (1/3 speed)...At a 1/1 shutter speed, you could physically only get 1 frames per second because it's only making an exposure once per second.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
looks like its PTZ Firmware, there's another board that controls the motors and orientations.. this is probably for it.. having any preset issues or anything?

Hmm, the name of the actual BIN file once downloaded is "General_SD49XXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.02.20.R.170116"....

The "version" page on my cam currently says:

Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.379855
ONVIF Version 2.4.2
PTZ Version 3.00.42.RHNZ

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got that, it just doesn't work when I click it...I can switch between 1/1, 1/2 and 1/3 and there's no change in exposure....Any other speeds I click, there's a change in lightning...Plus I'm getting 3 frames per second on my video feed when I'm set on 1/2 or 1/1, which would be impossible. In order to get 3 separate frames per second, the shutter has to be exposing at least 3 times per second (1/3 speed)...At a 1/1 shutter speed, you could physically only get 1 frames per second because it's only making an exposure once per second.
I'll test that lol

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll test that lol
Here's a video clip of what mine does. Won't let me upload mp4 here, so had to put it in a zip file. Notice how the exposure changes between 1/3, 1/4 and 1/6 but no change between 1/3, 1/2 and 1/1...Given this sensor, that grass should brighten up like daytime on a true 1 second shutter speed. Especially considering there's a slight glow from a yard light shining on that area.

Attachments

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried this with mine and in a nearly dark house, anything below about 1/5 was almost solid white washed out like you expected.

I tried setting the gain/iris levels like you have to see if that had the same results, but it didn't cause the behavior you're having either.
I've got the same firmware version as you.

What about any of the settings on the other pages? Post those if you want to compare.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried this with mine and in a nearly dark house, anything below about 1/5 was almost solid white washed out like you expected.

I tried setting the gain/iris levels like you have to see if that had the same results, but it didn't cause the behavior you're having either.
I've got the same firmware version as you.

What about any of the settings on the other pages? Post those if you want to compare.
All else is default settings on mine...Can you try with lowered gain/iris levels? Even 0 to 100 may work for those as that will fully automate the gain and iris.

Also, can you tell how many frames per second you get with a 1/1 shutter? Easiest way to tell is to record a few seconds of video then play back in smartplayer. It has a little icon shaped like a tv screen in the top/right of the video that will give you the resolution, frame rate, etc of the video you're playing...

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A setting of 1/1 results in an FPS value of 1.5 in BlueIris. A setting of 1/4 gives 2.0 FPS in BI and 1/30 reports about 15 FPS.
So it is definitely changing it.

I wasn't clear in my last post. I get the washed out image when I set the gain up at 100 like you have in your video using
a SS below about 1/5.

I am getting somewhat similar results as you when I use color modes. Try changing to B/W mode and set the SS down to slow speeds.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A setting of 1/1 results in an FPS value of 1.5 in BlueIris. A setting of 1/4 gives 2.0 FPS in BI and 1/30 reports about 15 FPS.
So it is definitely changing it.

I wasn't clear in my last post. I get the washed out image when I set the gain up at 100 like you have in your video using
a SS below about 1/5.

I am getting somewhat similar results as you when I use color modes. Try changing to B/W mode and set the SS down to slow speeds.
Interesting..From those FPS, it sounds like yours isn't matching up exactly either...Basically, a shutter speed of 1/X will give you X frames per second (Provided that "X" value isn't a higher number than the maximum frames per second you have set in your video compression options)....Thus, if you have it set on the default 25 frames per second video setting, then a 1/1 shutter speed would give you 1 frame per second....1/4 would give you 4 fps...1/15 would give you 15 fps...1/30 would be 25fps....1/100 would be 25fps...Etc...Sure sounds like there is a bug somewhere. Hopefully this is something that could be fixed with a firmware update...

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
should i do both firmware's?
i am having PTZ firmware preset problems

Looks like there's new firmware for this unit on the Dahua international site....[PTZ]General_SD49XXXS-HN_V3.02.20.R.170116 available here:

Firmware

Bottom listing on that page and says it's compatible with
I just downloaded it but haven't installed. Release notes are blank, so I'm not sure what it's benefit is. The BIN file shows it was dated 1/16/2017 , yet looks like it was uploaded 3/14/2017...Anyone tried this? I'm too nervous! lol

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
should i do both firmware's?
i am having PTZ firmware preset problems
There's only one firmware update listed...Just don't know what all this firmware updates. If you install it, would you copy/paste the "version" info on your cam before and after....For example:

Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.379855
ONVIF Version 2.4.2
PTZ Version 3.00.42.RHNZ

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
my current "version" is pasted on here not sure what page

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Can anyone say what controls besides the usual you get when this is hooked up to a dahua nvr? Any manual control of the ir? Can you get into the menu with a preset 95 or anything? Anything noteworthy? Or do you really have to set and tweak it through its web service and then just settle for typical ptz movement through an nvr?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Attached is the actual bin file for sd49225t-hn...I don't know how to extract the actual files from it to see what's being updated...I tried MagicISO to open it and to convert the format to ISO but it won't accept it..
Since it's for the 49xxx model and I have the 59xxx I will not be volunteering lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk