Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you want to mount the camera level or else it'll drive yeh nuts

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua PFB303S is the brand I have. It is off AliExpress. We both live in Houston I am 3 miles from downtown your more than welcome to come see my setup in person.

dalepa

Reaction score
Dahua PFB303S is the brand I have. It is off AliExpress. We both live in Houston I am 3 miles from downtown your more than welcome to come see my setup in person.
$260 from aliexpress, ouch might have to risk the alibi adorama $72 version which appears to work for hikvision domes.

Are hikvision dome mounts compatibie with dahua domes?

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I paid 52 for the bracket and shipping was 30-40. I order to much stuff to know what it would be individually

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, after today, I can give one more positive aspect toward this cam....Durability...Guess some of you have heard of the crazy storms in the Southeast U.S. today (where I'm at).. My house got right under a supercell thunderstorm with large, wind-driven hail. Could sure hear the cam taking a beating, but it held it's own. Will need to take a thorough look outside once the weather improves, but it seems to be operating fine with no sign of any damage that I've been able to notice thus far.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ maybe that knocked some sense into it :smash:

Does this camera support timing schedule actions? For instance set a time of day to move and stay on a preset position?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
^^^ maybe that knocked some sense into it :smash:

Does this camera support timing schedule actions? For instance set a time of day to move and stay on a preset position?
Maybe so! lol. I was a little worried it was going to end up in pieces. I mean it's IP66 rated against rain, but not vandal proof! This sounded like it was being worked over with a sledge hammer.

And yeah, it supports that. I'm planning on setting up a "sunrise" preset and schedule it to turn east just before dawn to capture the colors and then flip back north at sunrise time so I'm not staring it in direct sunlight. Still debating on the best way to do it since the sunrise time changes each day. Could write a script to automatically adjust it for the sunrise time...Then again, it may be just as easy to log in once a week and manually change the time by a few minutes.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I figured it did scheduling. Glad it's confirmed. I'm really interested in this camera but I've been debating opting out of a ptz altogether in favor of fixed cameras. On the face of it, that's usually the better move. But even as recently as yesterday, regardless of the fact that I haven't manually moved my ptz in at least a month and probably more, I appreciated having it to move and zoom down the block to observe a long police stop. The camera sits idle at a couple presets all day but when I want it, the ptz is a powerful tool out there. Still mulling it. I usually mull myelf into procrastination. That ain't good.

Btw, the camera half of this camera is plastic right? That keeps it the weight down? I don't want a 20lb beast hanging out there off the house. The dahua white face is a beast and heavy. Surely this is a light weight compared?

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I figured it did scheduling. Glad it's confirmed. I'm really interested in this camera but I've been debating opting out of a ptz altogether in favor of fixed cameras. On the face of it, that's usually the better move. But even as recently as yesterday, regardless of the fact that I haven't manually moved my ptz in at least a month and probably more, I appreciated having it to move and zoom down the block to observe a long police stop. The camera sits idle at a couple presets all day but when I want it, the ptz is a powerful tool out there. Still mulling it. I usually mull myelf into procrastination. That ain't good.

Btw, the camera half of this camera is plastic right? That keeps it the weight down? I don't want a 20lb beast hanging out there off the house. The dahua white face is a beast and heavy. Surely this is a light weight compared?
I don't even see this camera on their site anymore but the SD59225U-HNI is 7.72lbs NET and 14.99 lbs GROSS, I'm not sure what the difference is or how it's almost double but I have this cam and it's not all that heavy at all, it's currently mounted to a 1x6 in my livingroom while I wait for my replacement bracket from Andy, though it's taking so long I may just order it off B&H along with the junction box and corner bracket. The black part is some sort of plastic though, the white part I want to say is aluminum.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah the domes are the 'metal' part. I figure the gross weight is bracket and camera combined.
thats what I am assuming, though the brackets are also aluminum lol. I'm surprised you don't use the ptz that much with the culdesac and all, maybe you can set up some things to trigger presets in it and stuff.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even see this camera on their site anymore but the SD59225U-HNI is 7.72lbs NET and 14.99 lbs GROSS, I'm not sure what the difference is or how it's almost double but I have this cam and it's not all that heavy at all, it's currently mounted to a 1x6 in my livingroom while I wait for my replacement bracket from Andy, though it's taking so long I may just order it off B&H along with the junction box and corner bracket. The black part is some sort of plastic though, the white part I want to say is aluminum.
its that big honkin AC power brick it shipped with ;)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, after today, I can give one more positive aspect toward this cam....Durability...Guess some of you have heard of the crazy storms in the Southeast U.S. today (where I'm at).. My house got right under a supercell thunderstorm with large, wind-driven hail. Could sure hear the cam taking a beating, but it held it's own. Will need to take a thorough look outside once the weather improves, but it seems to be operating fine with no sign of any damage that I've been able to notice thus far.
Any video footage of the storm you would like to share? ;)