Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the same POE+ injector can be used on my 5231-RZ cams right? (i'll just be testing before install this PTZ and the 5231's)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, PoE+ is backwards compatible with PoE.. just guarantees a higher minimum power output

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, PoE+ is backwards compatible with PoE.. just guarantees a higher minimum power output
cool...and those BV-link and linksys switches recently mentioned that have 4 POE+ ports......should have no prob handling 1x SD49225 and 3x 5231's ?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many of you went for managed or smart Poe+ switches over unmanaged? Just placed order for BV-link 8 port POE+ gigabit

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many of you went for managed or smart Poe+ switches over unmanaged? Just placed order for BV-link 8 port POE+ gigabit
Managed switches allow for vlan as well as remote power cycling...At little cost difference..

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Steve,
You might want to consider a 8 (or more) POE + switch like shown in the link below.
For $129, you could power the 30w PTZ and 4-6 other cams at 3-6 watts each, all off one managed switch. Then it's pretty much a plug and play. Just remember to log into each camera through your browser one at a time and set your password and change the base .xxx.xxx.x.108 ip address. repeat on each cam and you can add bookmarks or favorites in your browser to simplify log in, setup and viewing

Amazon.com: NETGEAR ProSAFE GS110TP 8-Port PoE Gigabit Smart Managed Switch with 2 Gigabit SFP Ports 53w (GS110TP-200NAS): Computers & Accessories

Question about this switch...if the PTZ takes 30W, the switch only says 15W per port....will it not work?--or will it still allocate 30W to the one port as long as the others don't go over the "power budget"?

....I'm lost trying to find good-priced 8 port-16port managed POE+ gigabit switch to handle 3 5231's and 1 PTZ (will take up 4 ports)...wanna have at least 4 ports open for future devices...suggestions?
...I had pulled the trigger on BV-LINK 8 port POE+ unmanaged but then cancelled and decided MANAGED would be worthwhile..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this PTZ consumes 20W of power max; PoE+ guarantees a minimum of 25.5W.. if your PoE switch only provides 15W per port its not PoE+ (802.3AT), its old PoE (802.3AF) and will not work.

All your cameras combined cannot exceed the power ceiling of the PoE switch

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run a Netgear GS728TP but it might be a bit larger than you need. Works great for me but I also have my eng. business in my home so i needed the extra ports for all my other needs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ya I saw that one....not managed though right?? being managed seems to be a worthwhile extra as Fenderman mentioned..though at this point I haven't educated myself about VLANS and stuff
Pickup one of these
PROVANTAGE: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP 8-Port GbE Smart Managed PoE Switch
it can power 7 cameras...if you need more in the future add this..
Amazon.com: ZyXEL 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed PoE Switch with 60 Watt Budget [GS1200-5HP]: Computers & Accessories
or another of the gs1900...
Note the gs1900 arrives with a default ip of 192.168.1.1 you will need to connect it to a pc first and set a new ip within your routers subnet.
Also note by default the poe mode is set to "classification" you need to change it to "consumption" or it will not power more than 4 cams...

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pickup one of these
Amazon.com: ZyXEL 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed PoE Switch with 60 Watt Budget [GS1200-5HP]: Computers & Accessories
Note the gs1900 arrives with a default ip of 192.168.1.1 you will need to connect it to a pc first and set a new ip within your routers subnet.
Also note by default the poe mode is set to "classification" you need to change it to "consumption" or it will not power more than 4 cams...
I've had great luck with my zyxel switches so far. I would go managed again if i had the choice.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pickup one of these
Thanks! This Zyxel looks great and has a great price. We're positive this meets the POE+ standard?? If yes, this is a winner for me!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! This Zyxel looks great and has a great price. We're positive this meets the POE+ standard?? If yes, this is a winner for me!
Yes ...It's a 70w cap for the swich..But you are not getting close to that unless you run multiple ptz...

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes ...It's a 70w cap for the swich..But you are not getting close to that unless you run multiple ptz...
Thanks! Ordered from amazon. There's a 20% off coupon there btw bringing it to $103 with 2 day shipping and no tax!

Now, does this cam take MicroSD? Recommendations for a 64gb or 128gb deal? Also need cards for my 5231 cams. Same cards work for all?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see they've uploaded the firmware from last Sept. on the Dahua webpage...They've uploaded a PAL version and NTSC version...How do you know which version you have? Would it brick the unit if the wrong version was uploaded? It was my understanding that PAL/NTSC were not applicable in the digital age.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you know which version you have?
I'm not at my PC at the moment to give you the exact location but if you go into the Web UI and scout around it's there.

Would it brick the unit if the wrong version was uploaded? It was my understanding that PAL/NTSC were not applicable in the digital age.
Like you said, doesn't matter NTSC or PAL. I do believe NTSC will offer you 60FPS (won't work if WDR etc is enabled, limit is around 30FPS).