Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

SvenV

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Also been playing with this one but have an issue in Blue Iris, anyone using this?
I can't seem to be able to set a preset. whenever I try to set it by holding a number it just jumps to a default location.

In BI I have:
For make I have: Dahua
For model: Main Stream RTSP

Anyone?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

Also been playing with this one but have an issue in Blue Iris, anyone using this?
I can't seem to be able to set a preset. whenever I try to set it by holding a number it just jumps to a default location.

In BI I have:
For make I have: Dahua
For model: Main Stream RTSP

Anyone?
I set presets in the cam and they work fine when I click them in bi

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is what works for me. Presets- mouse arrows - and home button all work fine. Just edit your presets in BI to match the number you have set in the camer's UI.

PTZ.JPG

PTZ2.JPG

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not at my PC at the moment to give you the exact location but if you go into the Web UI and scout around it's there.

Like you said, doesn't matter NTSC or PAL. I do believe NTSC will offer you 60FPS (won't work if WDR etc is enabled, limit is around 30FPS).
It says NTSC on the Web UI...However, the model number of the camera is SD49225T-HN, which the data sheet lists as a PAL camera (NTSC Version is supposed to be model number: DH-SD49225TN-HN)....So not exactly sure what's going on....I'm assuming this was originally made as a PAL cam but NTSC firmware was flashed to it? And that you can swap back and forth between PAL firmware and NTSC firmware on the same unit without harm?

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It says NTSC on the Web UI...However, the model number of the camera is SD49225T-HN, which the data sheet lists as a PAL camera (NTSC Version is supposed to be model number: DH-SD49225TN-HN)....So not exactly sure what's going on....I'm assuming this was originally made as a PAL cam but NTSC firmware was flashed to it? And that you can swap back and forth between PAL firmware and NTSC firmware on the same unit without harm?
You're getting that model from the datasheet where it lists under "Ordering Information"

Part Number: DH-SD49225TN-HN
Description: 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera, WDR,NTSC

The main model comes standard with PAL (DH-SD49225T-HN). I imagine they list it differently so if you want NTSC as standard you order DH-SD49225TN-HN.

Hope that helps clear things up.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone flashed the SD49225T-HN that originally came with PAL firmware to NTSC firmware. Thinking of doing this as I ordered the NTSC but got a PAL instead.
Which version of Pal firmware do you have? and have you noticed any issues or limitations? I was kind of thinking that maybe some of the issues that I (and others) have experienced could be bugs in the NTSC firmware and/or system incompatibilities with the NTSC firmware and was wondering if the PAL firmware would work better.

Reaction score
Which version of Pal firmware do you have? and have you noticed any issues or limitations? I was kind of thinking that maybe some of the issues that I (and others) have experienced could be bugs in the NTSC firmware and/or system incompatibilities with the NTSC firmware and was wondering if the PAL firmware would work better.
I've got the latest PAL,
Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-2

Only issue I have is the freakin' IR when fully zoomed out. It has a horrible hotspot with very little IR fill to any other area. Hotspot is about 6 - 8 feet leaving about 10 feet in the dark. I may have to go to external IR because of this.

variant2

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the latest PAL,

Only issue I have is the freakin' IR when fully zoomed out. It has a horrible hotspot with very little IR fill to any other area. Hotspot is about 6 - 8 feet leaving about 10 feet in the dark. I may have to go to external IR because of this.
Did you try adjusting the IR Light?

Camera / Conditions / IR Light / (You have NearLight & FarLight adjustments.)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got the latest PAL,

Hmm, sounds like you may have the long distance IR's too bright and/or the short distance IR's too low...Are you using Zoomprio mode or manual?

Let me know if you do decide to upgrade to the NTSC firmware. I'm strongly considering going with the official Dahua NTSC firmware to see if that makes any difference (since these come with the "general" version rather than the Dahua version)..Probably will just change the generic logo on the user interface to "Dahua", but maybe it's worth a try..If no change, then I may try the PAL version. I just have a hunch that some of these bugs are firmware related.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got the latest PAL,

U dont happen to have a video of that? Would be cool to see

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good news and bad news.....

Good news: I updated to official Dahua NTSC, then to PAL and then back to NTSC...No bricking or any problems...

Bad news: Neither one seems to make any difference. All the same bugs still seem to be present. Just changes the generic "IP CAM" logo to a "Dahua" logo..and of course the PAL version limits your frame rate to 50, where the NTSC allows it to go to 60...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got the latest PAL,

I have 2 of these cameras, one PAL and the other NTSC. Here is version numbers for my PAL camera. The PTZ version I have is newer than my NTSC camera.

Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN Version.jpg

Zepp

n3wb
Reaction score
I received this camera today from Andy and am having some difficulties in setting it up. I've connected it to my LAN and provided 12 VDC (rated to 3A) to the camera via the power connection. The camera seems to power-up and go through an initialization routine. That's it. I am unable to locate the camera on my network. I have downloaded the configtool for OSX (it would not run and "quit unexpectedly"), downloaded and ran the configtool for Windows, (no dice on finding the camera), tried another IP camera tool (again, no camera found), and tried connecting directly to a computer using what I believe to be the default IP address (http://192.168.1.108/). Nothing.

The manual didn't help. There's a discussion about setting the address and baud rate (???) using dip switches, but upon removing the back cover I discovered that no switches were present on the circuit board.

I've seen discussion here about the need to use POE+ with this camera, although there is no mention in the manual and the camera has a functional dedicated power connection.

Any suggestions to get me on the right track? I'm not an expert on IP cameras, but I have successfully used several. I even got a Sunba to connect, but returned it for several reasons. This one has me stumped. Thanks in advance.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received this camera today from Andy and am having some difficulties in setting it up. I've connected it to my LAN and provided 12 VDC (rated to 3A) to the camera via the power connection. The camera seems to power-up and go through an initialization routine. That's it. I am unable to locate the camera on my network. I have downloaded the configtool for OSX (it would not run and "quit unexpectedly"), downloaded and ran the configtool for Windows, (no dice on finding the camera), tried another IP camera tool (again, no camera found), and tried connecting directly to a computer using what I believe to be the default IP address (http://192.168.1.108/). Nothing.

The manual didn't help. There's a discussion about setting the address and baud rate (???) using dip switches, but upon removing the back cover I discovered that no switches were present on the circuit board.

I've seen discussion here about the need to use POE+ with this camera, although there is no mention in the manual and the camera has a functional dedicated power connection.

Any suggestions to get me on the right track? I'm not an expert on IP cameras, but I have successfully used several. I even got a Sunba to connect, but returned it for several reasons. This one has me stumped. Thanks in advance.
It took me a few tries with the config tool before it finally recognized mine.

Not exactly sure what the issue is with yours, but a few notes....

1. Don't worry with the dip switches inside the unit. That's for setting protocols for the internal hardware to make them all communicate with each other. Those have nothing to do with the IP settings that would allow your computer to recognize the camera's main board...

2. The POE+ is if you're powering the unit through the ethernet cable. If you've got a dedicated power supply that you plug into the wall, then you don't have to worry about POE+ because it's not being powered over the ethernet cable.

May want to message Andy directly for troubleshooting.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
check the ip of the computer see if its on the right subnet 192.168.1.xxx