Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

dalepa

Reaction score
A little annoyed that my Trendnet POE+ 5 port switch isn't working on my SD49225T-HN 25x or my SD29204T-GN 4x that just arrived. Both cams power up over POE, however after the 2nd ping to the cams the cams reset. I can power the 25x via 12v power cable, and the cam works fine. I can't get the 4x to power up with the same 12v.

Not sure why the Trendnet isn't working, its working fine on another dahua bullet fine.

Is the BV-Tech confirmed to work with the SD49225T-HN and/or SD29204T-GN?

Is the
ZyXEL GS1200-8HP 8 Port GbE PoE Switch Web Managed PoE+ 802.3at 802.3af a better deal?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Which model Trendnet POE+ switch do you have? Some of the Trendnet switches have limited POE budgets. I have 2 of the 8 port Trendnet TPE-TG44g with 60 watt budget. This camera works fine on it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A little annoyed that my Trendnet POE+ 5 port switch isn't working on my SD49225T-HN 25x or my SD29204T-GN 4x that just arrived. Both cams power up over POE, however after the 2nd ping to the cams the cams reset. I can power the 25x via 12v power cable, and the cam works fine. I can't get the 4x to power up with the same 12v.

Not sure why the Trendnet isn't working, its working fine on another dahua bullet fine.
That switch has a TOTAL power budget of 31 watts according to the specs on amazon

dalepa

Reaction score
Last edited:

frmc

n3wb
Reaction score
Ordered one of these from @EMPIRETECANDYand got it delivered to my doorstep yesterday, Thanks Andy! This thing is very, very nice. Comparing this and my oldish foscam bullet, there is no contest. I'm very glad I decided to get one of these PTZ cameras.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to confirm because this is the nvr I have- DH-NVR4208-8P - Dahua Wiki

With all channels full of 3mp eyeballs I can include this 25x ptz being discussed and still have enough power on a channel to operate this baby? Thanks.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered one of these from @EMPIRETECANDYand got it delivered to my doorstep yesterday, Thanks Andy! This thing is very, very nice. Comparing this and my oldish foscam bullet, there is no contest. I'm very glad I decided to get one of these PTZ cameras.
Hope all well, by the way, using this camera on Mac computer is easy? Because i don't use this Mac. Because today a client ask me for this.

KevinM

n3wb
Reaction score
First post, been lurking for a while. I ordered a cheaper wifi wireless ptz off amazon, not happy with the app and camera is so so, thinking of returning it. Looking at this SD49225T-HW. A little clueless to the camera world. How is this camera wired? Besides the camera, what do I need to get this up and running; power supply, data cable, software? Looks like folks use blue iris? I have all apple products and want to connect this to my imac and view/control remotely with an iphone. Again, what do I need to get up and running? Links to products would be great. Also, how hard is this to configure to get everything communicating with my mac and phone? Thanks for any help..

KevinM

n3wb
Reaction score
So to narrow the question down, I have a 110V outlet I can plug into, do I need to provide a power adapter, which one? Can I just plug a Ethernet cable directly into the camara and connect the Ethernet cable directly to my AirPort Extreme router and just configure software from there? Am i missing anything? What software (blue iris?) and/or app is recommended to use?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First post, been lurking for a while. I ordered a cheaper wifi wireless ptz off amazon, not happy with the app and camera is so so, thinking of returning it. Looking at this SD49225T-HW. A little clueless to the camera world. How is this camera wired? Besides the camera, what do I need to get this up and running; power supply, data cable, software? Looks like folks use blue iris? I have all apple products and want to connect this to my imac and view/control remotely with an iphone. Again, what do I need to get up and running? Links to products would be great. Also, how hard is this to configure to get everything communicating with my mac and phone? Thanks for any help..
WIFi for security cams is useless. Return it pronto. :)

This cam is powered by POE.
Power over Ethernet (POE) Explained - Understanding and using POE

On your computer, web browser is used to view, setup cam.
Default IP is 192.168.1.108.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just received mine from andy ..tried it temporary 5 minutes (what a machineee)

KevinM

n3wb
Reaction score
okay, thanks for the info. How do I remotely view and control the camera with my phone? Assume I need a app of some sort? How does that app tap into the camera, just through an IP address? I assume i will have to modify router settings to accommodate for this?

frmc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently running following setup: SD49225T-HN > wired connection to router (running dd-wrt firmware, also openVPN server for added security) > wireless connection to my main router > internet. I use OpenVPN client and Tinycam monitor pro on my android phone to watch elsewhere. I dont have NVR (yet) or computer dedicated to that purpose, but I use built in sd card slot for recordings, and I use web browser to watch @ home. I'm using 12V power supply, waiting for POE+ switch to arrive. And yes, I'm using wireless, because camera is mounted at garage wall, and it is long way away from my house where my main router is and internet access takes place.

Last edited:

KevinM

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have a VPN with a Apple Airport Extreme? I dont think this router supports VPN, but I read you can port forward to allow other means for a VPN. Anyone have links to a discussion like this?

frmc

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have a VPN with a Apple Airport Extreme? I dont think this router supports VPN, but I read you can port forward to allow other means for a VPN. Anyone have links to a discussion like this?
I have no idea about apple products, but if you get another router and port forward OpenVPN traffic from apple router to go to the another router and run vpn server there it should work and would be almost identical to my setup. If the apple router dosent support vpn or any 3d party firmware with vpn support, I'm quite sure you have to get more hardware to get it up and running.