Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

KevinM

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the replies. I think i will try and find/hire a local geek to set this vpn up for me as i just dont have the time to research and fiddle around with it. As far as the camera, what other PTZ models should I be considering that are withen $150 of this one, or is this the one? Be used for exterior home monitoring, nothing too speical..

frmc

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the replies. I think i will try and find/hire a local geek to set this vpn up for me as i just dont have the time to research and fiddle around with it. As far as the camera, what other PTZ models should I be considering that are withen $150 of this one, or is this the one? Be used for exterior home monitoring, nothing too speical..
It took quite a while to figure out all that vpn stuff, it is rather confusing if you havnt done it before.

I'm not expert but would say this or SD59225U-HNI, more expensive, but you get stuf like auto tracking and slightly better night vision and so on, although this (SD49225T-HN) has very good night vision aswell. I personally think this (SD49225T-HN) is best bang for your money at the moment. More than enough for home monitoring.

Edit, you dont have to use vpn to watch cameras from elsewhere, but its recomended so that bots and hackers wont use your camera as their slave.

Last edited:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone know where "presets" are stored? and if there's a way to back them up?

Hand just slipped and clicked the "clear" icon by accident and without warning; POOF...All my presets are gone...and I had dozens of them!

You would think it would be a little harder to do that...At least give a warning message "are you sure you want to delete ALL presets?"...

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
its pretty easy if you have the free version i think you have to login every 30 days i think
the payed version you dont have to login every 30 days
app should auto update the ip address

you just need to remember kevinm.noip.com or whatever you pick

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone know where "presets" are stored? and if there's a way to back them up?

Hand just slipped and clicked the "clear" icon by accident and without warning; POOF...All my presets are gone...and I had dozens of them!

You would think it would be a little harder to do that...At least give a warning message "are you sure you want to delete ALL presets?"...
Import/Export tab

KevinM

n3wb
Reaction score
its pretty easy if you have the free version i think you have to login every 30 days i think
the payed version you dont have to login every 30 days
app should auto update the ip address

you just need to remember kevinm.noip.com or whatever you pick
Cool, this sounds like the way to go, at least for now.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which version of Pal firmware do you have? and have you noticed any issues or limitations? I was kind of thinking that maybe some of the issues that I (and others) have experienced could be bugs in the NTSC firmware and/or system incompatibilities with the NTSC firmware and was wondering if the PAL firmware would work better.
@wxman Did you experience difference between NTSC and PAL firmwares? I'm having a lot of issues with my SD59225U-HNI PTZ which is set to NTSC firmware. I am wondering if i should upgrade it to newer PAL firmware. Doesn't it brick the camera?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wxman Did you experience difference between NTSC and PAL firmwares? I'm having a lot of issues with my SD59225U-HNI PTZ which is set to NTSC firmware. I am wondering if i should upgrade it to newer PAL firmware. Doesn't it brick the camera?
No different to me. Everything was the same except the highest frame rate was 50 frames per second on PAL instead of 60 on NTSC...Everything else was the same for me. You can try the PAL firmware to see if it makes a difference for you. It does not brick if you switch between PAL and NTSC firmwares, as long as the firmware is compatible with your model (in other words, as long as firmware is for SD59225U-HNI, it does not matter if it's PAL or NTSC)

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No different to me. Everything was the same except the highest frame rate was 50 frames per second on PAL instead of 60 on NTSC...Everything else was the same for me. You can try the PAL firmware to see if it makes a difference for you. It does not brick if you switch between PAL and NTSC firmwares, as long as the firmware is compatible with your model (in other words, as long as firmware is for SD59225U-HNI, it does not matter if it's PAL or NTSC)
Thanks. Just installed the newest PAL firmware. Camera is operational again at 50fps.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Running into some issues now with the new (march 2017) firmware. The PTZ doesn't zoom in while in autotracking mode. No setting to change that ;-((((((((

When the PTZ starts tracking it doesn't go beyond 2x zoom. Mostly it even stays on 1x zoom (so no zoom). I wonder what this might be.

Also some settings have vanished, like Global IVS setup (never understood what it was for anyways) and the Tracking limits.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Running into some issues now with the new (march 2017) firmware. The PTZ doesn't zoom in while in autotracking mode. No setting to change that ;-((((((((

When the PTZ starts tracking it doesn't go beyond 2x zoom. Mostly it even stays on 1x zoom (so no zoom). I wonder what this might be.

Also some settings have vanished, like Global IVS setup (never understood what it was for anyways) and the Tracking limits.
reset every thing to default
if that dont work
load your backup firmware if your missing settings
new firmware could be buggy
btw your on the wrong page

dalepa

Reaction score
make sure you have the PTZ/control tab enabled
if you use the find/inspect it should do it auto for you
find/inspect appears to work, but when pressing and holding the preset button, it won't set the new preset.

upload_2017-4-23_13-8-7.png

Heres what inspect finds. Is this correct?upload_2017-4-23_13-9-31.png