Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any idea whats caused the PTZ control of mine to become very sluggish and delayed? It was as smooth as butter. This seems to be the case both by the web UI or PSS. I did a manual reboot but didn't seem to help. I also noticed the picture will freeze briefly as well. The camera lost power for about 12 hours a few days ago due to a GFI tripping that the POE is plugged into so maybe something changed when it came back online. Almost like a network speed issue or something but my other older 30X PTZ on the same network is still smooth.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how does this new wifi model SD49225T-HN-W connect to dahua nvr and recording to it ?

Reaction score
how does this new wifi model SD49225T-HN-W connect to dahua nvr and recording to it ?
It will still have an IP address, so I would presume connect via a wireless access point or wireless router. Nothing really changes. Obviously, those with an NVR with POE ports that are internal will need to connect via the LAN port on the router.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had this camera for a few weeks and just got a round to installing it today everything fired up well except it will not tilt up and down, side to side and zoom in and out work fine but when I try to tilt down or up it moves just slightly and then starts to jitter like it has a shipping lock or something installed. Thought I would check on here for any clues to what the problem maybe before going back out in the rain today. Thanks
I just received a SD49225T-HN from Andy at Empire and hooked it up real quick in the kitchen before leaving for the long weekend. The exact same thing is happening with mine. Pan and zoom work, but tilt just moves a little and jitters making a clunking sound. :(

I removed the tape before I hooked it up.

Did you get yours working or did you have to return it?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any idea whats caused the PTZ control of mine to become very sluggish and delayed? It was as smooth as butter. This seems to be the case both by the web UI or PSS. I did a manual reboot but didn't seem to help. I also noticed the picture will freeze briefly as well. The camera lost power for about 12 hours a few days ago due to a GFI tripping that the POE is plugged into so maybe something changed when it came back online. Almost like a network speed issue or something but my other older 30X PTZ on the same network is still smooth.
I had this same thing happen to another brand of speed dome. The camera was about 2 years old when I first noticed the problem. AT first I thought it was a LAN issue, as the camera went through a switch before the router, etc. Then I thought maybe some of the network setting of the camera were causing the issue. Over time, the problem became more predominant, occasionally locking up the camera for which only removing and restoring the power would correct. Finally, about 3 months ago the camera died altogether. The issues seemed to be consistent with the failure of a network interface on the camera, but I could not get any parts for replacement so I cannot be absolutely certain.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with more info or perhaps @EMPIRETECANDY can provide some words of assurance??

I just ordered a Dahua 25x starlight, so naturally this concerns me that the guts of the Dahua could use the same fallible design and parts as the other vendors.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I just ordered one of these from Andy. I will be hooking it up to my Hikvision nvr DS-7608NI-I2/8P. 8 ports with 120w of power available. That is 15W per port. So if I disable the IR on this camera it should work. I am running CAT 6 cable with solid copper 23 gauge wire. Less than 100'. I have plenty of night light from the local street lights so I do not need the IR. We shall see how this works out.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just received a SD49225T-HN from Andy at Empire and hooked it up real quick in the kitchen before leaving for the long weekend. The exact same thing is happening with mine. Pan and zoom work, but tilt just moves a little and jitters making a clunking sound. :(

What are you using to power cam ?

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

mine was just the tape holding it.

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to another brand of speed dome. The camera was about 2 years old when I first noticed the problem. AT first I thought it was a LAN issue, as the camera went through a switch before the router, etc. Then I thought maybe some of the network setting of the camera were causing the issue. Over time, the problem became more predominant, occasionally locking up the camera for which only removing and restoring the power would correct. Finally, about 3 months ago the camera died altogether. The issues seemed to be consistent with the failure of a network interface on the camera, but I could not get any parts for replacement so I cannot be absolutely certain.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with more info or perhaps @EMPIRETECANDY can provide some words of assurance??

I just ordered a Dahua 25x starlight, so naturally this concerns me that the guts of the Dahua could use the same fallible design and parts as the other vendors.
It's pretty frustrating especially if you're trying to follow something. I reset my router already and that did not help. I think the video isn't as smooth either now.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
It's pretty frustrating especially if you're trying to follow something. I reset my router already and that did not help. I think the video isn't as smooth either now.
Have you tried a different cable ?

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
What are you using to power cam ?
TRENDnet Gigabit Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) Injector,Converts non-PoE Gigabit to PoE+ or PoE Gigabit, Network Distances up to 100 M (328 Ft.), TPE-115GI

Is there more tape than just the obvious piece on the outside? It sure sounds like a gear slipping to me.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
TRENDnet Gigabit Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) Injector,Converts non-PoE Gigabit to PoE+ or PoE Gigabit, Network Distances up to 100 M (328 Ft.), TPE-115GI

Is there more tape than just the obvious piece on the outside? It sure sounds like a gear slipping to me.
Power should be fine then, there have been reports of the silicone drypacks inside slipping into the wrong place during shipment. Andy says not to remove them ,but maybe this is the issue. Also use the proper size phillips driver to remove the screws, they strip easy according to other members here. There are some pictures of this in this thread on page 21.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
Power should be fine then, there have been reports of the silicone drypacks inside slipping into the wrong place during shipment. Andy says not to remove them ,but maybe this is the issue. Also use the proper size phillips driver to remove the screws, they strip easy according to other members here. There are some pictures of this in this thread on page 21.
Andy offered to swap it out in a way that won't cost too much shipping... Rather than try to fix it myself, I am going to take him up on his offer. I am so glad I decided to buy from him after reading this thread.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got one of these from @EMPIRETECANDY.
Got it setup on a temp location, but having some issues.
Can't seem to get it to work with my FTP. Have tested the FTP locally. It is all inside one network on the same subnet. My hikvision camera and an FTP client on my pc have no issues with it, but every time I go to save settings it says ok, but doesn't work. Test button says "Operate Failed!"
Is this a known issue? Bug in firmware?

Other question is where are you guys finding firmware that isn't for the PTZ portion? I have found that one([PTZ]General_SD49XXXS-HN_V3.02.20.R.170116 ), but nothing else.
I am looking for the NTSC firmware for this SD49225.
Thanks

falcy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here: SD49225T-HN

[PAL]DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.422.0000.0.R.20160921

[PTZ]General_SD49XXXS-HN_V3.02.20.R.170116

[NTSC]DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_IVS_V2.422.0000.0.R.20160921

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Never would have thought to look at the italian website.
I upgraded then reset to defaults and the FTP is still not working.
It seems to want to go to a directory that is the serial number with another sub folder of 2000-01-01.
So I made these folders under the root dir for the user I made for this camera. Even when it has these directories it quits.
This info is from watching my FTP server logs.
Anyone get FTP to work on this cam?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Never would have thought to look at the italian website.
I upgraded then reset to defaults and the FTP is still not working.
It seems to want to go to a directory that is the serial number with another sub folder of 2000-01-01.
So I made these folders under the root dir for the user I made for this camera. Even when it has these directories it quits.
This info is from watching my FTP server logs.
Anyone get FTP to work on this cam?
Through much trial and error, I was able to get FTP working somehow...Worth noting is the time setting for uploading images is very strange.....6 seconds is actually 1 minute...7 seconds is actually 1 min: 20 seconds.....If I remember correctly, 10S is 15 minutes and 15S is 30 minutes....Whoever designed that programming needs to learn how to tell time...I don't think I ever was able to get the "test" button to actually work. Just had to enable timing snapshots and use the time settings above and it finally started working automatically.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered this camera from Andy last Friday and I will have it on July 5 according to the DHL notice I just got. That is very fast service.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well after some reading and experimenting I can partially answer:
3. http://<ip>/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=GotoPreset&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0 ---this will go to preset 1.
Did you figure more of this out? How to start a recording? Or just go to preset?
I also have an ISY and would love to integrate the two.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I mounted the camera this morning. I have it hooked up to my Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P and so far so good. It replaced a Huisun PTZ V1 that was actually pretty good except that I would have to refocus it every couple of days and I am looking for better night vision. I also turned off the IR to cut down on the power consumption as I do not need it at night. Here is a daytime picture. I will take a night picture of it and the Huisun PTZ V1 and make a comparison.

front_IP Camera6_front_20170706110421_6970370.jpg

Last edited: