Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you figure more of this out? How to start a recording? Or just go to preset?
I also have an ISY and would love to integrate the two.
I've only figured out how to go to preset, still do not know how to force a camera to record

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mounted the camera this morning. I have it hooked up to my Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P and so far so good. It replaced a Huisun V10 that was actually pretty good except that I would have to refocus it every couple of days and I am looking for better night vision. I also turned off the IR to cut down on the power consumption as I do not need it at night. Here is a daytime picture. I will take a night picture of it and the Huisun V10 and make a comparison.

View attachment 19843
Looking forward to see your night video footage.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are the two night time pictures. Top picture is the Dahau SD49225T. Bottom picture is the Huisun V10. Nice night time difference between the two. Over the next few days I will fine tune the Dahau but it is pretty good as is. front_IP Camera6_front_20170706205100_42169568.jpg front_IP Camera6_front_20170702220015_18432681.jpg

Last edited:

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mounted the camera this morning. I have it hooked up to my Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P and so far so good.
I've tried adding Dahua 4300s to Hikvision DS7608NI-K2 and it did not work even using ONVIF protocol. What protocol did you use and can you use PTZ controls of this camera at your NVR ?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I've tried adding Dahua 4300s to Hikvision DS7608NI-K2 and it did not work even using ONVIF protocol. What protocol did you use and can you use PTZ controls of this camera at your NVR ?
I had to disable ONVIF on the Dahua camera. With the plug and play on my Hikvision NVR this one came right up. I did not check this camera as to the protocol it used but on the other Dahua cameras I used the ONVIF. I replaced a camera with this one and of course used the same address as the camera I removed. This is my 3rd Dahua starlight camera I am using and no problems with any of them. By the way I have two Hikvision NVR's. The one for the back of the house is a DS760NI-E2/8P with one Dahua hooked up to it.

Yes, the PTZ works just fine.

Last edited:

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why Dahua SD49225T and not Hik DS-2DE4A220IW-DE if you have Hik NVRs ? I know Dahua is 100$ less and has 25x and not 20x as Hik. Any other reasons ?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why Dahua SD49225T and not Hik DS-2DE4A220IW-DE if you have Hik NVRs ? I know Dahua is 100$ less and has 25x and not 20x as Hik. Any other reasons ?
That Hik is not a starlight like the Dahua, thus it won't be as good at night. I've been hoping that Hik will release a budget starlight PTZ, but they've yet to do so from what I've seen.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Is not the Hikvision Hik DS-2DE4A220IW-DE a dome camera? If so that is the reason. I am not a fan of dome cameras for the outdoors. I do have 3 Hikvision low light cameras now and will order more to replace the others on my list as I upgrade the night time capabilities. I have a HIK DS-2CD2H25FWD-IZS vara-focal camera due any day.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That Hik is not a starlight like the Dahua, thus it won't be as good at night. I've been hoping that Hik will release a budget starlight PTZ, but they've yet to do so from what I've seen.
Edit: I just looked at the specifications again. That camera does come with the 1/2.8 sensor and is a low light camera.

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too just received a SD49225T-HN from Andy at Empire (fast shipping, thanks). Just now powered it up in the shop for testing and noticed the tilt function creates an obnoxious squeal. Anyone else get this???

The noise would most certainly draw attention from people during quiet nights.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you remove the tape from the lens section? It is there to keep it from moving around during shipment.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I removed the single piece of from across the front of the lens area.

The pan function doesn't squeal, only the tilt?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I removed the single piece of from across the front of the lens area.

The pan function doesn't squeal, only the tilt?
I remember mine squealed when I mistakenly hooked it to a POE source instead of POE+.....scared the hell out of me, but when I hooked it to the POE+ port it was quite. So I always ask what you are powering it with ?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Update on my camera. I did not realize that I did not have the picture set on the highest quality in my NVR. It was in the middle range so I changed that today. Also nagging in the back of my mind was if the NVR was indeed supplying the needed voltage so that over time something would not burn out in the camera.

So today I installed a 30W POE power injector. Very simple thing to do and peace of mind. With all that said I am very pleased with this camera and how it is operating. If I could make a wish, it would be that it was a little smaller and it had a white face to match the trim of my house.

I can see installing it in a couple of other locations but the wife might object. I was able to hide 1/2 the camera under the eave of the house to cut down the visual on it. With the other locations I cannot do that. Again I am very pleased with the camera. Thank you Andy for the excellent service you provided in obtaining the camera for me.

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I remember mine squealed when I mistakenly hooked it to a POE source instead of POE+.....scared the hell out of me, but when I hooked it to the POE+ port it was quite. So I always ask what you are powering it with ?
Good question Tinman, sorry I left out that detail.

I am using a 2 amp, 12VDC power supply plugged directly into the camera.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @EMPIRETECANDY - any chance you're around and can advise if the noise is a normal function of a SD49225T-HN?? The noise is loud enough it's not going to work for my application.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Good question Tinman, sorry I left out that detail.

I am using a 2 amp, 12VDC power supply plugged directly into the camera.
This camera requires 3 amp power. It is listed on the product brochure.