Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 12V/2A power adapter should be enough power. That's 24 watts, which is around the same limit as POE+

I would first try taking the screws out on the black part of the cam and checking to see if one of the silicon dehumidifier packets has come loose and is getting jammed...Otherwise, I'd say it's a problem with a belt or the tilt motor. Also, while it's unhooked, try panning and tilting the camera face with your hand. Should be easy to move. The tilting up/down should be just as easy as panning/spinning around...Does it take more force to tilt by hand than to pan by hand? Does it make the noise while tilting by hand or only when the motor is operating?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great advice wxman. I tried a 5 amp power supply, still no joy. Thank you for the help.

I tried contacting Andy here, but no reply. So I sent a message via AliEXpress. I would expect a fully functioning camera just as they expected I pay the full asking price. So before I start screwing around with a camera I will await their reply (don't want to void some warranty or fine print issue).

I still cannot be sure if this noise (tilt only squeal) is common or not - hard to imagine anyone would put up with such a noisy camera. :(

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Great advice wxman. I tried a 5 amp power supply, still no joy. Thank you for the help.

I tried contacting Andy here, but no reply. So I sent a message via AliEXpress. I would expect a fully functioning camera just as they expected I pay the full asking price. So before I start screwing around with a camera I will await their reply (don't want to void some warranty or fine print issue).

I still cannot be sure if this noise (tilt only squeal) is common or not - hard to imagine anyone would put up with such a noisy camera. :(
Mine makes pretty much the same noise panning as does the tilt....which is hard to hear very far away if there is any other background noise. With the noise of A/C units and cars driving by or dogs barking, I cannot even hear mine down on the ground or does anyone else. I have done panning when people walk bye and they don't even act like they hear anything. Sounds like you have eliminated the power question. Does the cam move freely by hand when not under power as wxman asked ? Mine moves very easily.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Tinman. I haven't opened up the camera (would prefer to hear from Andy first), but otherwise the camera head seems to move easily. I think I'll try to take a short video clip in the next day or two and put it on here to see what you guys think.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

It's common to this camera. Mine does the same, but some would say i'm too critical about this cam.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

No worries about voiding warranty. The screws are meant to be taken out as this is the only way to get to the SD card slot. So it's fully expected for everyone to open the housing during setup. Andy also recommended someone else do this with a similar issue to make sure the silicon pack had not come loose.

Matt2017

n3wb
Reaction score
I feel like this is a silly question, but how to you connect an ethernet cable to this camera? I'm look at the pictures of the wiring leaving the camera and not grasping it.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's common to this camera. Mine does the same, but some would say i'm too critical about this cam.
No worries about voiding warranty. The screws are meant to be taken out as this is the only way to get to the SD card slot. So it's fully expected for everyone to open the housing during setup. Andy also recommended someone else do this with a similar issue to make sure the silicon pack had not come loose.
Hey, thanks guys. I wrote Andy and he basically said the same two things. He said the noise (mostly) goes away after some use and not to worry about removing the screws. He reminded me the warranty is good for 12 months. So I'll have a look to make sure nothing jammed up and hope for the best.

I'll have the camera in the shop (i.e. ham shack) until I get a few parts in the mail for install. Very much appreciate the help from everyone. :)

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey, thanks guys. I wrote Andy and he basically said the same two things. He said the noise (mostly) goes away after some use and not to worry about removing the screws. He reminded me the warranty is good for 12 months. So I'll have a look to make sure nothing jammed up and hope for the best.

I'll have the camera in the shop (i.e. ham shack) until I get a few parts in the mail for install. Very much appreciate the help from everyone. :)
If you can, just make a sound recording of the noise you're experiencing. Then we can hear if it's common or not.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like this is a silly question, but how to you connect an ethernet cable to this camera? I'm look at the pictures of the wiring leaving the camera and not grasping it.
There is a female RJ45 in the bundle of cables coming from the camera. See pictures in first post of this thread.

Matt2017

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a female RJ45 in the bundle of cables coming from the camera. See pictures in first post of this thread.
Thanks, they all looked round to me which is why I wasn't sure. I was expecting a rectangular connector, but guess it makes sense for weatherproofing.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds normal to me. I was worrying more about the high frequent noise it makes. Didn't had a look insight for now if it has a fan or does some noise like a gimbal does.
My SD29204 is also making another high frequent noise, sounds like a capacitor which might blow up soon. It's directly after powering it up and after motion...

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, that is normal sound. Unless you are watching wildlife or somewhere without any background noise, you might hear it. But outside in the real world with all the noise pollution, no one will even notice it :)