Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@brcarls how much it cost to ship back. I want to try it but don't want to worry about paying to ship for warranty

Boxy345

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since last night my SD59 gave up (i guess it's internally the same as the SD49 in this thread). At midnight it started to reboot every 1,5 minutes and is completely unreachable on the network. I have used the auto-reboot option at midnight since I have this PTZ and it always worked fine. It always came back online before. Now i have a serious problem with it.

Anyone who has this experience before or heard about it or who has advice on what to do best? I will try to take it down tonight and check the wiring and RJ45 connector, but i doubt if that's the problem. If a different cable doesn't fix the issue I will try to hard reset it. Hoping for the best......

In case i need to hard reset it, can anyone share it's default network settings and the default admin password?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since last night my SD59 gave up (i guess it's internally the same as the SD49 in this thread). At midnight it started to reboot every 1,5 minutes and is completely unreachable on the network. I have used the auto-reboot option at midnight since I have this PTZ and it always worked fine. It always came back online before. Now i have a serious problem with it.

Anyone who has this experience before or heard about it or who has advice on what to do best? I will try to take it down tonight and check the wiring and RJ45 connector, but i doubt if that's the problem. If a different cable doesn't fix the issue I will try to hard reset it. Hoping for the best......

In case i need to hard reset it, can anyone share it's default network settings and the default admin password?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Had same with a Chinese domestic market model. Did a reset with the reset switch and everything was fine again. Hope the same will work for you.

Kroghy

n3wb
Reaction score
Received mine from Andy super quick - currently got it bench testing.
Just 2 questions for anyone having experience with the PFA120 mounts.
1. I want to have the mount orientated so I have the 20mm cable access at the top - but based on the notch for top 2 screw hole cutouts in the rear plate if I mounted it that way it would technically be upside down.
Anyone see any problem with doing that? - Im planning to use screws with washers or metal hex drive roofing type screws which have large heads on them anyway so sliding the mount off while keeping the top 2 screws will never be a possibility.

2. Levelling the junction / mount - If I get the junction level it is fair to say the camera will respectively end up level once secured to the junction box? Or can it be a bit hit / miss with the QC on the arms?

Thanks in advance
View attachment 20073

Attachments

lemmcgrath

n3wb
Reaction score
is anyone else having problems with the camera finding the SD card? I've been having problems since setting up the camera a few weeks ago. it wouldn't find the micros SD card; I would reboot and it would find it. Now the reboot doesn't solve the problem anymore.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Possibly the stupedist question ever, but do i need to power it on when using the reset switch?
I had mine under power. I think it's a switch which will only function with cam on power. But of course I'm not almighty. In the past you could reset your main board configuration with a jumper, after taking off the cmos battery. So this might also be possible, but I don't think so.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had mine under power. I think it's a switch which will only function with cam on power. But of course I'm not almighty. In the past you could reset your main board configuration with a jumper, after taking off the cmos battery. So this might also be possible, but I don't think so.
Problem is i need to reset it during the 90 seconds immediately after it finishes the selftests and before it starts powercycling again.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Problem is i need to reset it during the 90 seconds immediately after it finishes the selftests and before it starts powercycling again.
Yep, difficult. Didn't try this with a PTZ yet. Maybe it stops selftest if reset is pressed, I dunno. But iirc someone already had to reset his PTZ. Maybe you could ask him how it worked out.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what do you guys use for FOCUS setting? auto or semi-auto?...any tweaks you've found for improving IR settings at night and stuff??
....still wish it was easier to trigger this PTZ by motion on other cams in BI....I've got it going using a cloned cam, but hard to get it to return back to previous position prior
to trigger....

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
@brcarls how much it cost to ship back. I want to try it but don't want to worry about paying to ship for warranty
It was about $15 to ship to his "agent" in NY. I am starting to get worried though since it has been 26 days since I received the defective camera and as far as I can tell a replacement has not been shipped.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, difficult. Didn't try this with a PTZ yet. Maybe it stops selftest if reset is pressed, I dunno. But iirc someone already had to reset his PTZ. Maybe you could ask him how it worked out.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, factory reset did the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also disconnected it from my POE+ switch and connected it through the powerbrick that originally came with the camera, just to be sure it didn't have a POE+ issue. It now works and i have full control over the camera again! I'm so relieved. Now i need to get it back up the wall again.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't win. This one has a big dent in the housing which pinches the turret so that it cannot pan. :(