Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Defective on arrival, pay $15 to ship back, receive replacement that's defective on arrival...Yet Huisun is the bad guys ripping people off. :facepalm:
Yes huisun are the rippoff artists..selling known defective cameras to end users then disappear from this forum...scammers...andy will make it right...15 dollars is nothing compared to a 150 dollar brick you call a huisun....huisun has been prove to have extremely high failure rates and is not acceptable for surveillance, ever. Keep bringing Huisun up so I can warn others about this terrible brand...

Last edited:

Jinx10000

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a few questions for the guys that have been using these for a while. Just received the SD49225T-HN camera yesterday and I would like to set a few things up but I have no idea where to look. I've read through pretty much this whole thread and I think I've seen mention of these things but don't want to read it again to find what exactly was said.

1.) I can't get FTP to work on this. It's an internal FTP through my Asus router. I tried clicking defaults to make sure I hadn't changed anything but still no luck. Any ideas, things others have tried that worked? Saw someone got it to work a few pages back but have no idea what they did or mean by all the seconds. Just a side thought: I have a couple of Amcrest cameras that seem to have almost the exact same firmware with the exception of the IVS and they work fine over FTP with the same settings. I would say the firmware is based on open source or the companies work very very closely together. I was surprised how identical they were.
2.) The camera seems to ignore the event setup. I was getting up to 100's of emails per minute even though I had the anti-dither set to 100. Even after setting defaults to make sure no other setting was sending emails. My email seems to have blocked the app since I haven't gotten another email even on real events since about 1 AM.
2a.) I'm using Sighthound to reduce false positives. It works pretty well. Picks up my dog and couple other things on occasion but for the most part phone stays quiet. Only thing I don't like is that it requires my PC to be on all the time to get notifications and if it locks up or shuts down my house is unprotected. Anyone have any great settings to catch real events and ignore grass moving/shadows shifting slightly type stuff for the most part. I tried 100/40. 80/40 (works pretty good on Amcrest for me). 60/40, 60/60 but like I said it seemed to be ignoring all of the settings and just hammering me with emails regardless.
3.) I'm not sitting in front of the home computer to verify but can you set multiple external alarms based on the IVS tripwires, etc...?
3a.) If so, can you tie the alarm out to the alarm in to have it go to a certain area if certain tripwires are tripped. For example, if someone crosses close to my garage can I zoom on my garage door for a few minutes and have another alarm set to zoom on my car if someone goes near it. Just examples... I know I can have it do one or another or set a tour that bounces between them based on any movement detected but would rather be more focused.
3b.) I was a little disappointed to see you couldn't set a PTZ action based on a specific IVS event. Any secrets here?
4.) Best android application (Nexus 6P) for viewing camera with PTZ controls? I tried gDMSS lite. Should I upgrade to pro? Something else? Any that allow you to set the device up like you were sitting in front of your PC? --- Answered this myself. I can log into the device from my phone using UPNP and gDMSS does support ptz. Just missed it.
5.) Any thoughts on Blue Iris? I've heard it mentioned a lot but I'm not sure what the specific benefits are for the cost.
6.) This doesn't have an SD-Card slot, correct? I remember seeing posts about removing a panel in this thread but I assume that was in reference to another camera.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Last edited:

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
6.) This doesn't have an SD-Card slot, correct? I remember seeing posts about removing a panel in this thread but I assume that was in reference to another camera.

Thank you for any help in advance.[/QUOTE]

upload_2017-7-21_13-22-13.png

Jinx10000

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I will get an SD card in there ASAP. That will be a huge help until I figure out the FTP.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @Solar Deity - Just wanted to say thanks for the solid info. I used the products you listed and they work really great for my SD49225. The camera is still in the shop awaiting final install as I just got the mic and other parts in to test. So nice to hear clean, no hum audio from this thing.

My install will be on a tower 40 feet in the air, it will be interesting to listen to the various sounds (I had another brand speed dome up there that had failed, but it didn't have audio).

Very much appreciated, help like this makes the forum a terrific resource. :)

Cheers !

Although that's the 12x version, the SD49225 has the same inputs/outputs. You have to add an external mic to it, which can be beneficial anyway as they are extremely sensitive, and not really pricy.

Two recommended mics are:

This outdoor waterproof mic from Amazon is solid. I have installed 5 so far on 4 - PTZ's and an HDBW5231.
Amazon.com : Microseven M7WP-MIC waterproof outdoor Microphone for M7B57-WPS / M7B77-W / M7D77-POE Or Any IP Network Surveillance Camera & PTZ IP Camera with Audio Interface - An IP camera external microphone : Camera & Photo

External mic with power pass thru, again from Amazon.
Amazon.com : VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone with Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording and bonus Warning Decal WD4 : Audio Component Preamplifiers : Camera & Photo

I recommend these connectors for a simple clean install.
inShareplus 20 Pack 5.5 X 2.1mm Barrel Male and Female 12V DC Power Jack Adapter Connector Plug for CCTV Security Camera LED Strip - - Amazon.com

SD

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Jinx10000

n3wb
Reaction score
1. Answered kind of. Not sure what I did. FTP is working now. Must have been due to setting defaults and putting in sdcard (combination). Only changes that I can think of. Recordings are going under serial and not name I gave it. May not have changed it back after reset ..... Still says test failed but its moving to ftp.
2. Still seems to get tons of emails. I had to turn it off. Prevented all my smtp on hotmail. Any thoughts at all?
3. No secrets?
4. Answered.
5. I'll just research this one.
6. Answered. Thank you BillG

Reaction score
Before I pull the trigger on the SD49225T-HN, how far is the wireless version (SD49225T-HN-W) off the horizon to order? I'd prefer to wait for that (and use a power supply off ebay) rather then trying to organise POE+ cables. My current setup is wireless.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Before I pull the trigger on the SD49225T-HN, how far is the wireless version (SD49225T-HN-W) off the horizon to order? I'd prefer to wait for that (and use a power supply off ebay) rather then trying to organise POE+ cables. My current setup is wireless.
Just ask Andy if they've already arrived.

yes, i booked some, should be ready around 20th. for this wifi one.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today I finally got around to installing my new Speed Dome (SD49225-HN). It replaced a "Dead Dome" that lasted about two years before it succumbed to some kind of IP interface / hardware issue. The Dahua is obviously heavier and bigger than the Dead Dome, which translates to better quality as far as I'm concerned. You can see the obvious difference in the photo below.

The funny mounting is because the Dahua is mounted on a tower , with u-bolts securing one side of the mounting board to the tower with the camera extending out away from the tower. With all of the weight on one side, it was quite a trick doing this solo.

Also, while the mic shown produced great audio during testing in the shop, it is no good when mounted up high. Any wind whatsoever, even a slight breeze, creates unusable and annoying sounds. I have another camera with a mic that does much better in the wind, so next time I have any motivation I will change out the mic for the other.

Here's a "pre-install" pic.
Pre Install.jpg

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I finally got around to installing my new Speed Dome (SD49225-HN).
How are you powering that mic?

If I ever get a working cam I have one of those mics to use with it but am not clear on how to hook it up when the cam is in a remote location powered by POE+ with no other power sources available

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah crud, wish I had taken a picture for you. I am using a 5 amp 12VDC power supply, not POE. So, I used a single 2.1mm power connector and fed it into a DC power splitter which provided me with two DC power connectors up on the tower (I can't recall if the splitter came with the camera or the DC supply, but it came in very handy - just plug and play).

I have another cam on POE (not POE+) and I've used an injector on both ends of the cable which provides 12VDC for the mic. I think it was on this thread that I learned of it, if not I can provide some details later on.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another cam on POE (not POE+) and I've used an injector on both ends of the cable which provides 12VDC for the mic. I think it was on this thread that I learned of it, if not I can provide some details later on.
I have read the whole thread but must have missed that. I'll try searching for it, any hints on a good search term to find it?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Today I finally got around to installing my new Speed Dome (SD49225-HN). It replaced a "Dead Dome" that lasted about two years before it succumbed to some kind of IP interface / hardware issue. The Dahua is obviously heavier and bigger than the Dead Dome, which translates to better quality as far as I'm concerned. You can see the obvious difference in the photo below.

The funny mounting is because the Dahua is mounted on a tower , with u-bolts securing one side of the mounting board to the tower with the camera extending out away from the tower. With all of the weight on one side, it was quite a trick doing this solo.

Also, while the mic shown produced great audio during testing in the shop, it is no good when mounted up high. Any wind whatsoever, even a slight breeze, creates unusable and annoying sounds. I have another camera with a mic that does much better in the wind, so next time I have any motivation I will change out the mic for the other.

Here's a "pre-install" pic.
View attachment 20361
A Mic wind screen solves that on this Mic.
Amazon.com: Tetra-Teknica MNWS5P Mini-size Lapel Microphone Windscreen, Color Black, 5-Pack: Musical Instruments

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey brcarls, here is the info from another thread via bp2008:
"
You won't be able to pull 12 volts out of the camera, but you could use a passive injector/splitter combo to send 12 volts down 4 of the wires while PoE power + data goes down the other 4 wires. I'm using this one myself for exactly the purpose of powering a microphone attached to a PoE camera. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NRHNPUA First, disconnect the existing cable from the PoE switch and from camera. Connect the passive injector between the PoE switch and the network cable. Then plug in a 12 volt adapter to the DC jack on the passive injector. Then, attach the passive splitter between the cable and the camera, and the DC jack on the splitter will have 12 volts while the RJ45 on the splitter will have 48 volt standard PoE."

And a big THANKS looney - I had wondered if that would work, now I know. Lots easier than replacing the mic too. Much appreciated! :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The wifi version (SD49225T-HN-W. )should be ready in 5days, this maybe dahua's first wifi one which can work outdoor and with nightvision PTZ.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well it seems I'm not having the best luck with my new Dahua cam. It now loses connection about once every 4 or 5 hours? I can reset it by removing power and applying power.

- The cat5 cable has been tested, sat.
- The 12 VDC / 5 amp power supply tested sat
- Using the default IP address which is also allocated in the router for same
- Using BI as my usual viewing app, but the signal goes away using the software supplied with the camera (can't recall the name of it)

Anyone else have this issue with a new Dahua PTZ? I've had one other camera that lost connectivity like this, but shortly thereafter it just died. :(

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
even tho you tested the cat5 try another cable
also try another power supply

just in case

Well it seems I'm not having the best luck with my new Dahua cam. It now loses connection about once every 4 or 5 hours? I can reset it by removing power and applying power.

- Using BI as my usual viewing app, but the signal goes away using the software supplied with the camera (can't recall the name of it)

Anyone else have this issue with a new Dahua PTZ? I've had one other camera that lost connectivity like this, but shortly thereafter it just died. :(

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a micseven I have that'I had the same problem up high lots of wind noise I bought little mic covers now works amazingly better got them off eBay
For 8 bucks well worth the money

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Just curious, does it lose connection both day and night or only during the day? Trying to rule out overheating.