Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the big ones can be heard from quite the distance if you've got sharp ears, if I try to spy on my wife with it in back yard she hears me (especially if she's mad at me)... also its mounted to the corner of my bedroom and if I play with PTZ too much as she's trying to fall asleep I'll hear her for sure.

When im lying in bed at night and something triggers the ptz I can hear it 'fzrrrrrrrrt', but ive grown acustom to it and can tell what triggered it by the sound it makes heh

its not loud by any means, but they are not dead silent either.. especially on the other side of the wall you bolt it onto probably more than anywhere else, my corner mount probably dont help anything but my PTZ is less than 10ft away from my head where I sleep and it does not disturb my rest at all.. but then again autotracking isint chasing any rabbits around and my hardwired sensors rarely false.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
the big ones can be heard from quite the distance if you've got sharp ears, if I try to spy on my wife with it in back yard she hears me (especially if she's mad at me)... also its mounted to the corner of my bedroom and if I play with PTZ too much as she's trying to fall asleep I'll hear her for sure.

When im lying in bed at night and something triggers the ptz I can hear it 'fzrrrrrrrrt', but ive grown acustom to it and can tell what triggered it by the sound it makes heh

its not loud by any means, but they are not dead silent either.. especially on the other side of the wall you bolt it onto probably more than anywhere else, my corner mount probably dont help anything but my PTZ is less than 10ft away from my head where I sleep and it does not disturb my rest at all.. but then again autotracking isint chasing any rabbits around and my hardwired sensors rarely false.
yeah I was wondering for like, if people walking down the street would hear it, could be a good thing or a bad thing like oh there is camera lets go mess with it, or my preference, oh there is a camera let's not screw with that place lol.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the vast majority of people wont recognize the sound or where it comes from, my mini one makes noise right in people's faces and mebe 1/3rd will react and of that 3/4 wont locate the camera after looking about.

my wife also worked for a while for cctv installers and knows quite well what a ptz sounds like and where its at.. if your walking/on the move u probably cant hear the whir.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
also I use presets alot, along with clicking in smartpss and run my ptz at full speed; that makes a difference on sound emitted.. if you slow it down and track by hand its much quieter.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Im not very fond of swiping and pinching in the mobile apps, I just flip through presets to check on everything and dont bother with that nonsence heh.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im not very fond of swiping and pinching in the mobile apps, I just flip through presets to check on everything and dont bother with that nonsence heh.
O hell no
I don't do that on moblie

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
For the price i can do some support, right now only have SD59230U-HNI 3PCS SD59225U-HNI 1pcs
Other model still have to wait, i will have delivery date tomorrow morning from dahua.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice ptz.ptz speed 4 is faster than huisun cam.its $328 on Ali with mobile discount.i messaged that seller but I guess it looks like he's still on that Chinese New Years break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Better get it son, I picked up the other one he had last night lol.
I tried ordering it last week with some other stuff... he's a busy dude so I'll wait... i just hope he gets the people's requests in order, which it sounds like he's not if you got an order in. I'm sure you are pestering the hell out of him though, you seem the type.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried ordering it last week with some other stuff... he's a busy dude so I'll wait... i just hope he gets the people's requests in order, which it sounds like he's not if you got an order in. I'm sure you are pestering the hell out of him though, you seem the type.
No, I just send him a message on here and it might take a day but he gets back to me, no issues, I've heard contacting him through AliExpress works well too.