Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Two questions, does anyone know the difference between the 3 dahua apps I am seeing on android play store? gDMSS Lite, gDMSS HD Lite, gDMSS Plus. Also, has anyone used one of these apps to control the PTZ from their phone? I'm assuming blue iris PTZ controls won't work but I will try them anyways.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
BlueIris should control the PTZ just fine..

gDMSS Lite/Pro big differences I think is ability to get push notifications from your Dahua NVR.. the HD version is more designed for larger touchscreens such as tablets

iDMSS & gDMSS | Dahua Technology
click on specs
Hope so, that will be awesome if it does, blue iris is the tits. :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
means Ziltch w/out the Pan & Tilt.. then its called a varifocal.. they dont run PTZ firmware or talk PTZ protocols because there's alot more too it than that.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh nice it goes even wider than the turret, whats 1/1 look like in color?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hmm, doesn't seem to be changing any. 1 second should be significantly brighter than 1/25...Wondering if maybe it's a cap like Hikvision uses in which your shutter selection is only the "slowest allowed shutter" and it will automatically use the speed it needs to make the exposure (providing that speed doesn't go below the threshold set)...If that's the case, then the lights in the scene may be blocking it from going down to 1 second.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that would be far too bright of a scene to view any changes on, point it away from the house.. you want the aperature to open up all the way.