Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
SD49225T-HN speed presets test

is this what you were talking about @nayr
Can someone with experience please tell me, how long does a camera like this given constant motor usage day and night?

A camera like this might help me cut down the number required for my situation and provide some much needed zoom coverage, but I'm a bit afraid of how long the turret will last if it has to keep switching through 180 degrees every few seconds day and night non stop. What's the motor life on these and if they wear out, does it mean a new camera or can you switch the camera module into a replacement motorised body?

Reaction score
Can someone with experience please tell me, how long does a camera like this given constant motor usage day and night?

A camera like this might help me cut down the number required for my situation and provide some much needed zoom coverage, but I'm a bit afraid of how long the turret will last if it has to keep switching through 180 degrees every few seconds day and night non stop. What's the motor life on these and if they wear out, does it mean a new camera or can you switch the camera module into a replacement motorised body?
Why are you constantly switching back and forth 180 degrees every few seconds? I would have at least 2 cameras for a situation like this. Moving back and forth that often, you will likely miss something. Life expectancy on this camera will be much shorter with that kind of service requirement. And no, you are not able to switch out 'modules' easily on this camera as parts are not readily available to the end user. For the average user, by the time you have worn this camera out, it will have been replaced by a 'newer' model.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Why are you constantly switching back and forth 180 degrees every few seconds? I would have at least 2 cameras for a situation like this. Moving back and forth that often, you will likely miss something. Life expectancy on this camera will be much shorter with that kind of service requirement. And no, you are not able to switch out 'modules' easily on this camera as parts are not readily available to the end user. For the average user, by the time you have worn this camera out, it will have been replaced by a 'newer' model.
Thanks. That's what I thought might be the case.

I have a very difficult site - a public area running up the side of the property with potential access from the side as well as the front, made worse by the fact there are accessible roofs roof providing access to windows at the side and back at an easily accessible height for entry.

So I potentially have to cover - front, drive x 2 (1 in each direction to stop someone coming in under the camera and disabling it or accessing a door out of view under it), 2nd floor side and public area, rear.

Last edited:

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe you can get away with just a high end camera to monitor the critical areas and a cheaper 360 fisheye camera right next to it to monitor the immediate area near the camera and provide you with security for those moments where someone might try to be in the blind spot of the better camera or try to steal it etc.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a very difficult site - a public area running up the side of the property with potential access from the side as well as the front, made worse by the fact there are accessible roofs roof providing access to windows at the side and back at an easily accessible height for entry.

So I potentially have to cover - front, drive x 2 (1 in each direction to stop someone coming in under the camera and disabling it or accessing a door out of view under it), 2nd floor side and public area, rear.
You could use the same approach i intend to take: sensors

I will use these 2 ptz for keeping eye on back garden. That is basically U shape so 3 sides.
In normal mode, both watch the back side (no visability of the sides) there is line crossing sensor for the side fences. When someone climbs the fence, ptz will be triggered and turned to that direction.

This will perhaps never happen.. And even with my ebay bought sensors (3 systems for like €135) power supply ( €20 ) and some poles to mount them on (€150) and tubes underground to the poles (€50) and than wires for power supply and alerts (€50) i would be equal in cost with more cameras i guess. 285€ for this camera and like 70 for corner mount and wire box and than like €400 for the sensors it comes down to €1200 or so. (Including tubes in the house for like 100€ each)
Each turret is like €150, so could have installed 5 or so (5 tubes in wall is killing cost here)
So had to choose between these 2 options basically.

With the sensors i can point both ptz to the side and one takes long side along the house, and the other takes the last 6 meters it has visibility off. Will have turrets at the entry doors, so they would have to go there to get inside.

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did i see it right there are drive by trick or treaters ?
To lazy to walk the route, so dad or mom takes them out by the car ?

The image quality is very nice though :)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did i see it right there are drive by trick or treaters ?
To lazy to walk the route, so dad or mom takes them out by the car ?

The image quality is very nice though :)
there was a drive by but we new them they live other side of town

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, i've read many of the pages here but did not see a few answers to my questions:

Does this cam support IVS?
From my theoretical mounting spot, car license plates would be at 225 feet. Would this cam, set with IVS or other alarm, be able to accurately zoom in and grab plates day/night at this distance with no ambient lighting? Vehicles would be stopped at a stop sign (or so they should be doing, lol)
parked
acura lights on from 200 ft down driveway no ambient light dahua 59225 need to set for night mode hlc around 70-80, zoomed ir set around 10-20, the rest pretty much default but you have to set a preset for that spot and manually set focus because it will not focus automatically on license plate it will auto focus on headlights instead and I tried all focus settings low,default,high,auto,semiauto. So I did force color but using aperture or shutter priority with no ambient light I could just about make plate out at that manually focused preset and with no ir on I could make out plate with headlights on but plate was very dim. If you use man focused preset the car can be entering driveway (moving) you can read plates no blurry image on night mode

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I didn't. In fact I added the pfa111 to the parapet order not realizing it included one. I assumed the mount had the standard G1.5" female. It does, but to my surprise, there was a three screw mount already in the end of the pole. Since the pfa111 was backordered, I simply canceled that item.
As I was burning the packaging from the parapet shipment, I found a piece of paper inside the box. It was a copy of an email between a customer and the vendor with instructions on how to return the parapet. That said, it's quite likely that I received a used mount (though it was in pristine condition) - and the previous customer accidentally left his pfa111 attached.

So, if you order this from the link I provided above, be aware that you may not get the adapter with the mount.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got an update and apparently the issue(s) are being sent to the tech team in China to be resolved, this is a positive response and I will await to see the outcome :)

With that being said I wouldn't touch your existing 49225's firmware unless there is very good reason to do so!
Well after several emails with Dahua not being able to recreate any of my problems after firmware upgrade they have officially stated they can't really help me but will continue to investigate the new firmware, whatever that means. I am not going mad and these problems do exist so hopefully in time Dahua will resolve the situation. Focus and flickering are the two main problems that affect general use, focus more so, currently I have it automatically restarting each day just after dark to assist and save me running a 'focus init' more than I have to. Really not ideal, on the plus side my presets are now working in Milestone! :D and this camera is still crazy good even with these firmware issues!! I really want to order another but would rather have this one working properly first.

Link below if it helps anyone else to previous PAL firmware v2.422.0000.0.r.20160921 for SD49225t-hn, this was provided by Dahua and I will try it later today:

dh_sd-mao-rhea_eng_p_stream3_ivs_v2.422.0000.0.r.20160921.bin

Last edited:

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone found a way to disable the re log in every 30 minuets