Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As I was burning the packaging from the parapet shipment, I found a piece of paper inside the box. It was a copy of an email between a customer and the vendor with instructions on how to return the parapet. That said, it's quite likely that I received a used mount (though it was in pristine condition) - and the previous customer accidentally left his pfa111 attached.

So, if you order this from the link I provided above, be aware that you may not get the adapter with the mount.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
parked
acura lights on from 200 ft down driveway no ambient light dahua 59225 need to set for night mode hlc around 70-80, zoomed ir set around 10-20, the rest pretty much default but you have to set a preset for that spot and manually set focus because it will not focus automatically on license plate it will auto focus on headlights instead and I tried all focus settings low,default,high,auto,semiauto. So I did force color but using aperture or shutter priority with no ambient light I could just about make plate out at that manually focused preset and with no ir on I could make out plate with headlights on but plate was very dim. If you use man focused preset the car can be entering driveway (moving) you can read plates no blurry image on night mode
My pictures are missing/deleted?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got this camera! Playing with it now.

Can anybody recommend which screw/bolt to buy to mount to stucco wall ? Thanks

Last edited:

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HI guys... I have an issue with the house. The RJ45 jack is not at the proper location that is optimal for where the camera needs to be. So my wife wants a clean look with no wires. Therefore, I decided to think about this solution and let me know if this works. Basically, I can power this camera using a DC plug as usual. Now for the RJ45, I would run it to the 120V exterior outlet because there will be a wireless bridge that the camera will connect to. The wireless bridge will then connect to the inside house's router.

Do you guys know if this SD49225T-HN camera is capable of being operable over a wifi/wireless bridge? I know it only operates in 1080P and throughput isn't as high of a requirement. But still, I wonder if this would work?

Attachments

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
HI guys... I have an issue with the house. The RJ45 jack is not at the proper location that is optimal for where the camera needs to be. So my wife wants a clean look with no wires. Therefore, I decided to think about this solution and let me know if this works. Basically, I can power this camera using a DC plug as usual. Now for the RJ45, I would run it to the 120V exterior outlet because there will be a wireless bridge that the camera will connect to. The wireless bridge will then connect to the inside house's router.

Do you guys know if this SD49225T-HN camera is capable of being operable over a wifi/wireless bridge? I know it only operates in 1080P and throughput isn't as high of a requirement. But still, I wonder if this would work?
Did you already buy the cam? There’s also a WiFi version of this cam available. Personally I would prefer plc over WiFi, if there’s no possibility for a direct cable.

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I run mine wired. There is a slight noticeable delay when controlling the PTZ. I imagine with wireless, that delay would be more so. That'd be a bit of a problem trying to follow a perp with it.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I figured out the solution. PowerLine! Based on Amazon reviews, the speeds are close if not the same as wired RJ45. It would still beat wifi.

I think what I will do then is figure out how to water proof the external POE+ injector box. That gets connected to the powerline adapter. Then the POE+ will run a RJ45 cable up to the camera. In the closet, where my router is, another PowerLine will be attached to the wall outlet.

kilwar

n3wb
Reaction score
I seem to be having a weird issue with mine. It doesn't seem to adjust to the light or lack of light anymore. The picture/video will stay very dark and I'll have to adjust the iris for it to change, but within a handful of minutes it will go back to being very dark again, then I readjust the iris again it it's fine for a little while, then back to dark. Not sure if I'm explaining things well enough but if someone can shed some light (no pun intended) on the situation that would be great. Thanks!

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use powerline for a camera and it works ok. Not great, but ok. Mine is in an outbuilding and I didn't want to use a wireless bridge and didn't want to dig in the conduit and cable.
It can be interfered with by old florescent bulbs and power tools putting noise on the line, but overall if you have no other choice it is ok.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't need the ability to PTZ often and on-the-fly. In fact, I am using this to face our street from far away because our street is a one-way street so I want to be able to capture faces and license plate just as cars are turning into our street. But I do want to ensure that the powerline is capable of continously supporting the bitrate that this camera needs which is around 6700Kbps which translates to just under 0.85MegaBytes per second. That shouldn't be too much of an ask I suppose?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I seem to be having a weird issue with mine. It doesn't seem to adjust to the light or lack of light anymore. The picture/video will stay very dark and I'll have to adjust the iris for it to change, but within a handful of minutes it will go back to being very dark again, then I readjust the iris again it it's fine for a little while, then back to dark. Not sure if I'm explaining things well enough but if someone can shed some light (no pun intended) on the situation that would be great. Thanks!
Are you doing this in BlueIris or the camera's GUI ?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Any reasonably decent PLA connection will run a camera. I have 4 running on one.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't need the ability to PTZ often and on-the-fly. In fact, I am using this to face our street from far away because our street is a one-way street so I want to be able to capture faces and license plate just as cars are turning into our street. But I do want to ensure that the powerline is capable of continously supporting the bitrate that this camera needs which is around 6700Kbps which translates to just under 0.85MegaBytes per second. That shouldn't be too much of an ask I suppose?
Network speed is usually measured in mbps not mBps. 6700kbps=6.7mbps. In my house powerline adaptors won't even work if they are not in the same room and even then I get very poor speed. Try it and let us know how it works out.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I figured out the solution. PowerLine! Based on Amazon reviews, the speeds are close if not the same as wired RJ45. It would still beat wifi.

I think what I will do then is figure out how to water proof the external POE+ injector box. That gets connected to the powerline adapter. Then the POE+ will run a RJ45 cable up to the camera. In the closet, where my router is, another PowerLine will be attached to the wall outlet.
That’s what I said, plc
There are also professional adaptors with integrated PoE.
You also could get phase coupler to improve the rate.
I use plc to connect my shed, don’t want to run 20m cable through the lawn.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using SmartPSS
The reason I asked is because if I mess with the brightness or contrast settings within BI it puts the cam in a funky state. I then have to log into the camera's GUI and default the camera video settings to get it back to normal.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That’s what I said, plc
There are also professional adaptors with integrated PoE.
You also could get phase coupler to improve the rate.
I use plc to connect my shed, don’t want to run 20m cable through the lawn.
Sorry, I misread what plc meant. Now I know what you meant by PLC.

Based on what I read, they said the circuit has to be on the same electrical panel, but somebody on Amazon said, that that wasn't the case. They were able to connect two circuits on two different electrical panels.

If you have power in the barn and another in the house, I suppose the barn is using the same electrical panel as the house?

This is a new home, built in 2017 in California. I'm not sure what building code for electrical outlets work and if the exterior GFCI outlets are on the same circuit as in the interior outlets say in the master bedroom closet. I have to use the one in the master bedroom closet because that's where the router and internet lines come in. I guess I will find out soon enough.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Based on what I read, they said the circuit has to be on the same electrical panel, but somebody on Amazon said, that that wasn't the case. They were able to connect two circuits on two different electrical panels.

If you have power in the barn and another in the house, I suppose the barn is using the same electrical panel as the house?

This is a new home, built in 2017 in California. I'm not sure what building code for electrical outlets work and if the exterior GFCI outlets are on the same circuit as in the interior outlets say in the master bedroom closet. I have to use the one in the master bedroom closet because that's where the router and internet lines come in. I guess I will find out soon enough.
Well, I dunno how Americans do their circuits, because I live in Europe. I mentioned a phase coupler before. This thing couples the phases without doing a short circuit. Only the frequencies for plc are coupled. There are also plc adaptors available with integrated phase coupler, which have to be installed in your main installation.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well after several emails with Dahua not being able to recreate any of my problems after firmware upgrade they have officially stated they can't really help me but will continue to investigate the new firmware, whatever that means. I am not going mad and these problems do exist so hopefully in time Dahua will resolve the situation. Focus and flickering are the two main problems that affect general use, focus more so, currently I have it automatically restarting each day just after dark to assist and save me running a 'focus init' more than I have to. Really not ideal, on the plus side my presets are now working in Milestone! :D and this camera is still crazy good even with these firmware issues!! I really want to order another but would rather have this one working properly first.

Link below if it helps anyone else to previous PAL firmware v2.422.0000.0.r.20160921 for SD49225t-hn, this was provided by Dahua and I will try it later today:

dh_sd-mao-rhea_eng_p_stream3_ivs_v2.422.0000.0.r.20160921.bin
Update regarding this upgrade(technically a downgrade for me), I tried to install and it failed with a 'bad file/format version' message or similar, assume this is due to firmware signature issues which had been mentioned previously, still in contact with Dahua regarding this but really not holding out much hope unless other users encounter similar issues with the firmware upgrade and it becomes a 'known issue' then maybe they will do something about it.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

It helps if you can get the outdoor outlet and the indoor powerline device on the same circuit, but it may still work if you don't.
In my case I added an outlet right off my service panel that is used only for the powerline as it is the same circuit as what feeds my outbuilding. All my network gear is next to my panel so this worked great.
If you arent comfortable with doing this type of thing you could hire an electrician to do it for you. Should be cheap because it is super easy to do and only a couple parts.