Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

kilwar

n3wb
Reaction score
The reason I asked is because if I mess with the brightness or contrast settings within BI it puts the cam in a funky state. I then have to log into the camera's GUI and default the camera video settings to get it back to normal.
Thanks for the info. I don't have a switch, just a Dahua NVR. Would I still be able to get the the camera's GUI via the NVR or some other way?

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone watching ip cams from a Samsung smart TVs using web tv portal and putting in IP address mine won’t pull up the GUI or connect at all

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Sorry just get the camera, how do I configure it?
Can't see how to get into it?
Thank you in advance

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I figured out the solution. PowerLine! Based on Amazon reviews, the speeds are close if not the same as wired RJ45. It would still beat wifi.

I think what I will do then is figure out how to water proof the external POE+ injector box. That gets connected to the powerline adapter. Then the POE+ will run a RJ45 cable up to the camera. In the closet, where my router is, another PowerLine will be attached to the wall outlet.
You can buy outdoor PLUG sockets which are IP rated:

MK Masterseal Plus 13A 1 Gang Unswitched Socket

If you can't get an ethernet adapter small enough to fit in one, then there are simple IP rated boxes that can be wall mounted that could be used. With these I'd imagine you'd want a small extension socket plus your ethernet adapter:

IP55 Enclosure Grey 270 x 180 x 135mm

You'd probably have to put a plug on the end of the extension socket cable and plug it into a nearby indoor socket in eg a garage. Not so sure how advisable it would be to wire an extension socket as a spur.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My outdoor side wall already has a GFCI gang outlet. This is where I will install the PLC injector. Then I will have another cable that connects to this for the POE+ injector. The POE injector needs to be placed inside a larger water proof gang box. From this second box, comes out is the RJ45 cable that runs all the way up the wall behind a vent pipe to the camera.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got the powerline adapters from Trendnet. The speeds I tested in my current home are 125Mbps and the SD49225 still works perfectly!! PTZ functions are still fast and I see no delay. It literally functions like it is attached to a router.

This thing is incredible. Now I need to figure out how to get another waterproof gang box so that I can fit this adapter and the POE+ injector. The problem is that this adapter eats up two outlets as shown and if I buy the pass-through PLA adapter, it does not fit in this gang box.

Attachments

Last edited:

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Big question for you guys. How are you guys mounting this on stucco wall? What kind of bolt/screw or anchor are you using at home depot? What size is it and such?

Thanks

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix the problem where the camera loses focus when it goes from daytime to night time? (this is when it is zoomed in at 25X maximum). During the day, it's perfect. Then when it gets dark, but not using IR mode (still color mode), it gets blurry and out of focus.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lens init fixes the problem... but i think the problem comes back when the day goes from bright to dark. Is it supposed to lose focus? Should I manually set a pre-determined focus, then disable auto-focus in the menu?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lens init fixes the problem... but i think the problem comes back when the day goes from bright to dark. Is it supposed to lose focus? Should I manually set a pre-determined focus, then disable auto-focus in the menu?
This is a problem with the firmware, I am guessing you are running the latest version V2.600.0000.2.R.20170905 - Dahua are very much aware of this and other problems and have so far done nothing to resolve it. Mine has the focus problem everyday, mostly at full zoom but it can happen at other times, flickering and this focus problem are my real complaints with the 'new' firmware. Would be nice if Dahua resolved this but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It would certainly be worthwhile for users who do have this problem to raise it with Dahua, they might then be bothered enough to do something about it in the form of a new firmware update.

Last edited:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thought I'd share yesterday's spectacular star travel timelapse recording. This is in Middle-TN where the closest neighbor is over 1 mile away - and there is zero light pollution. I set the shutter speed to 1 FPS, HCL, and IR off. Recording is frame per minute.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thought I'd share yesterday's spectacular star travel timelapse recording. This is in Middle-TN where the closest neighbor is over 1 mile away - and there is zero light pollution. I set the shutter speed to 1 FPS, HCL, and IR off. Recording is frame per minute.

That is badass!

Just got mine yesterday and installed it above my garage today replacing a 5231R-Z. Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY this thing is a beast. The first thing the wife says when she sees it- "well thats not very incognito at all". I told her thats the point lol

Now if I can just figure out my Blue Iris CPU issue