Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but don't you need to plug into AC in order to get POE+?
nope..you need a poe+ injector or switch...otherwise it would not be poe - power over ethernet...

Reactions: jcc

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, who's going to be the guinea pig with this FW?
Well I was last time, amongst a few others! based on the current flickering and focus issues with the last version I will probably bite the bullet later today, what could possibly go wrong :eek: :rolleyes:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That does sound promising.
After CC does the FW upgrade and confirms, I'll take the plunge.
No pressure then :D

Update 2nd April - new firmware installed, no major shocks and functions OK, very early days, flickering still visible during both day and night which is disappointing, original firmware the camera shipped with never had this and Dahua are very much aware. Will let the dust settle in the next 48 hours and should know by then how the focus is behaving, so far it seems to be improved. In the meantime assuming this beast doesn't start letting in water or quit on me altogether then I stand by my original assessment that the 49225 is a great piece of kit even with these firmware gremlins. I just wish Dahua could cram the same image quality into a 5231 style body minus the beefy IR lighting of course, the 49225 really does put the smaller Dahua model to shame and my guess is that this is down the the glass/lens used in the PTZ model. Shall update this once I've properly tested the new firmware.

4th April - flickering during night and day is worse than the last firmware version which is plain annoying, focus seems to be better and so far mine has not tripped up - that is very good news. I know the flickering is a firmware problem since the original version it shipped with was flicker free, I have raised it with Dahua on numerous occasions and they think I am imagining it :banghead: If the flickering gets much worse it will start tripping motion detection :eek:

Last edited:

RicRat2009

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No pressure then :D

Update 2nd April - new firmware installed, no major shocks and functions OK, very early days, flickering still visible during both day and night which is disappointing, original firmware the camera shipped with never had this and Dahua are very much aware. Will let the dust settle in the next 48 hours and should know by then how the focus is behaving, so far it seems to be improved. In the meantime assuming this beast doesn't start letting in water or quit on me altogether then I stand by my original assessment that the 49225 is a great piece of kit even with these firmware gremlins. I just wish Dahua could cram the same image quality into a 5231 style body minus the beefy IR lighting of course, the 49225 really does put the smaller Dahua model to shame and my guess is that this is down the the glass/lens used in the PTZ model. Shall update this once I've properly tested the new firmware.

4th April - flickering during night and day is worse than the last firmware version which is plain annoying, focus seems to be better and so far mine has not tripped up - that is very good news. I know the flickering is a firmware problem since the original version it shipped with was flicker free, I have raised it with Dahua on numerous occasions and they think I am imagining it :banghead: If the flickering gets much worse it will start tripping motion detection :eek:
Mine shipped with the 9-5-2017 FW and have not seen any flickering.
Don't want to upgrade to flicker, not good.
DahuaPTZ49225.jpg

Fred2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had never seen any flickering at my 2 Cameras. Shipped with 9-5-2017 and now 2017-10 -23 the picture is stable as a rock.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
CC, maybe you have another piece of equipment causing the flashing issue?
No, sadly not, all other cameras fine, only occurred after the previous firmware update :confused: before that there was zero flickering.

RicRat2009

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, sadly not, all other cameras fine, only occurred after the previous firmware update :confused: before that there was zero flickering.
Just wondering if you went straight to a switch or router it would change anything.
That blows!