Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
*sighs* my neighbor is a nice old lady but it annoys me when let's loose her two dogs every night around midnight.i dont have the guts to call animal control on her :-\

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone got their tracking number yet?

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone got their tracking number yet?
Andy has to put the tracking #'s in by hand which takes time its not auto not like amazon
he ships first then when he has time starts updating tracking #'s

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
just ship all SD49225T-HN out, thanks for everybody's waiting, now no stock again....will have 10pcs more next week i think.

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually ordered an SD492225T-HN but i upgraded towards the SD59225U-HNI. I got my tracking info but it hasn't shipped yet according to UPS. I hope @EMPIRETECANDY can clarify/update when he will ship the SD59225U-HNI's (which apparently HAS an official logo also). With regards to neighbours, can you also set a region where the camera's don't auto track, which i can show to my neighbours in case they start asking questions?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy has to put the tracking #'s in by hand which takes time its not auto not like amazon
he ships first then when he has time starts updating tracking #'s
All orders can be delivered before Thursday both for US, Australia and also the EUROPE. Tomorrow will have updates for all tracking. Just sit there and waiting them coming.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any more examples would be much appreciated.

I'm a little interested in how Hikvision responds. With Dahua being probably the biggest competitor and the popularity of these units already, seems Hik would be forced to release a "low budget" darkfighter PTZ...They already have similar style PTZ domes for not too much higher cost, but the LUX values are around 0.01 or so. Nothing close to 0.005 LUX in this price range yet.

Even though Hik is annoying as hell with the region code garbage, I've always thought the Ambarella chipsets they use produce a better color reproduction (higher contrast, more saturated color) than the Dahua models; especially in the cheaper models (not as evident in the $1000 plus units). The lower cost Dahua models always seem to have hazy, gray tent to the image as if the contrast and saturation were much lower. I realize there's settings to adjust brightness, contrast, Saturation and WDR on the Dahua units, but not sure how well it works. Some image processors have a more workable adjustment range than others. That is, even the slightest bump up in contrast and saturation on some makes the image look unrealistic and causes color bleeding, while others can be cranked way up for a richer, more vibrant color response without bleeding or looking too unnatural.

If anyone has the time, would be very interested in seeing some daytime images at different contrast, saturation and WDR settings (Preferably if you can get some sky or clouds in the scene as I'm primarily interested in it for a weather/nature cam)...On the Ambarella chips, default is typically 50% for most values and I can usually crank saturation up to 60 to 70 range for strong color without too much bleeding and contrast to around 60 or 65 without things getting too cartoonish-looking.

tb10818

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any more examples would be much appreciated.

I'm a little interested in how Hikvision responds. With Dahua being probably the biggest competitor and the popularity of these units already, seems Hik would be forced to release a "low budget" darkfighter PTZ...They already have similar style PTZ domes for not too much higher cost, but the LUX values are around 0.01 or so. Nothing close to 0.005 LUX in this price range yet.

Even though Hik is annoying as hell with the region code garbage, I've always thought the Ambarella chipsets they use produce a better color reproduction (higher contrast, more saturated color) than the Dahua models; especially in the cheaper models (not as evident in the $1000 plus units). The lower cost Dahua models always seem to have hazy, gray tent to the image as if the contrast and saturation were much lower. I realize there's settings to adjust brightness, contrast, Saturation and WDR on the Dahua units, but not sure how well it works. Some image processors have a more workable adjustment range than others. That is, even the slightest bump up in contrast and saturation on some makes the image look unrealistic and causes color bleeding, while others can be cranked way up for a richer, more vibrant color response without bleeding or looking too unnatural.

If anyone has the time, would be very interested in seeing some daytime images at different contrast, saturation and WDR settings (Preferably if you can get some sky or clouds in the scene as I'm primarily interested in it for a weather/nature cam)...On the Ambarella chips, default is typically 50% for most values and I can usually crank saturation up to 60 to 70 range for strong color without too much bleeding and contrast to around 60 or 65 without things getting too cartoonish-looking.
I'll try to get you some pics or video in the next few weeks when I have some time to mount mine. I intend on using it as a nature cam myself so it should be what you're looking for.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll try to get you some pics or video in the next few weeks when I have some time to mount mine. I intend on using it as a nature cam myself so it should be what you're looking for.
Awesome! The more examples, the better.

I also wonder if there would be any harm in mounting it upside down...I've had my Huisun Mini-PTZ mounted upside down for over a year with no problems (Maybe that's why mine hasn't died! lol)..Anywho, works well for cloud watching, moon watching and looking at bird nests up in the tops of trees. I don't know about this one, though. From the design, seems like it would be easy for rain to pool around the module and cause some problems. Side mounting may be a little better option to limit water pooling, although being a heavier unit, that may put too much weight stress on the internal parts.

Apparently, there's just not many of us nature fans out there...It sure is a pain to find a decent cam designed for the job at a reasonable price. If you really want to do the job properly without having limited vertical range or having to improperly install, you have to go with the vehicle PTZ's which cost a fortune.

Last edited:

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
not sure if you could mount this upside down would have to open it up and see how the seals are..... at quick look doesnt look like you could my other axis camera i dont think could either to

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would try it if it was me....ip66 rating..But that's me...

IP66

Protected from total dust ingress. Protected from high pressure water jets from any direction. (i dont see rain being more pressure than water jets)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would try it if it was me....ip66 rating..But that's me...

IP66

Protected from total dust ingress. Protected from high pressure water jets from any direction. (i dont see rain being more pressure than water jets)
True, but it's not so much the pressure of the rain falling that worries me. It's the drainage (or potential lack thereof) that I'm concerned about....If it's mounted the normal way, even a high pressure jet will drain right off after hitting the unit...If it's upside down, water may not be able to drain and pool on the unit...That would be "partially submerged in water" which requires an IP67 rating...It would really depend heavily on how well sealed that portion of the camera is and/or how well it's able to drain in an upside down position. Not to mention the possible weight concerns on the pan/tilt motor. My initial gut feeling is you could probably get away with it, at least for a while, but it may create issues long term. Even though it's cheaper than other units, $350 still isn't exactly pocket change...The whole thought of taking that kind of gamble makes me a little uneasy.

Maybe someone will do a teardown and take some pics of the insides. I may feel a little more comfortable if I could get a visual of what physics we're dealing with.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If mine wasn't installed I would tear it down and take pics... i hear ya on the money... all of this stuff is expensive... can always do tests before installing. :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I actually ordered an SD492225T-HN but i upgraded towards the SD59225U-HNI. I got my tracking info but it hasn't shipped yet according to UPS. I hope @EMPIRETECANDY can clarify/update when he will ship the SD59225U-HNI's (which apparently HAS an official logo also). With regards to neighbours, can you also set a region where the camera's don't auto track, which i can show to my neighbours in case they start asking questions?
Yours using the free tax way, normally need 2 weeks, if all well 9days. I already notified you when you select the no tax way. Ship China to NL via air and pay tax at NL, after released by the customs, then use UPS to pick up,So need some more days. If use DHL,then have to pay tax.
Seems all guys can get the SD49225T-HN within Wednesday. Just checked all at CINCINNATI HUB - USA hours ago. I also get 10pcs more for this model.

Last edited: