Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
that one is in the $175 range depending on where you get it

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
do you have how to order it from the guy being promoted here in this forum?
you can order it from anyone you want
but take note you may not get excellent customer service and free DHL shipping
he also has warranty hopefully you wont need to use it but its there
many of us have ordered from @EMPIRETECANDY he is grade A+
i myself have order a few things from him
this camera was special ordered for me was so new when it came out

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since the back of the camera mount has its own seal and it fits in the groove of this junction box do you use the seals that come with the box?
Use the camera arm seal between the arm and box. Two seals come with the box but the front seal will not seal the cable hole on the bottom of the arm .

Reaction score
Have not been around here in a long long time. Now I am getting excited again. I have been waiting and waiting for a good outdoor IP PTZ at a price my wonderful wife will accept. I have begun showing her some vids and keep saying......"....see, if you had a good PTZ cam on BI you could see all of that". We have grandkids with folks across the draw. Not to mention Elk, turkeys, cows and other fun stuff to watch.
Retired now and love the extra time to play with whatever. HA! Sent a note to Andy. Now I have to go back to work on my sweetie. Happy wife, happy life. So glad I waited and looked around a bit more. The price on this is great.

Edit: Can anyone confirm this camera tilts above the horizon? I thought I found a spec(-15) on it but I'd have to be sure it was this model I was looking at. Glad to get back over here to get good, experienced help enjoying my golden years.

Last edited:

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Edit: Can anyone confirm this camera tilts above the horizon? I thought I found a spec(-15) on it but I'd have to be sure it was this model I was looking at. Glad to get back over here to get good, experienced help enjoying my golden years.
It does indeed tip up a pretty good amount. I didn't get my protractor out and measure it but it definitely tilts up a good amount.

If you needed to point it up even more for some reason, I suppose you could adjust how the arm mounts to the wall with some type of wedge/shim.

In my own installation, if the camera were to point straight out it would probably be level with my neighbor's trees about 10' off the ground, about 150' away. When he was getting those trees cut down, I was easily able to tilt up enough to see the top of the trees and even a bit more... my trouble with the trig is I'm not totally sure how tall the trees are. I'm guessing 120-130' high.

Based on my very loose and probably wrong estimations on the height of those trees and the level distance to them, it's an angle of ~ 36 degrees. Which means my estimates are probably wrong (I'm further away or the trees are shorter... probably both). I have seen someone else mention they thought the upwards tilt was more than the specs indicated.

Reaction score
@mpbcam.....We live in a draw.....very close to the bottom of the draw. Much of the good stuff to watch around here is above the horizon. I can only get the camera mounted up so far.....and that will be using a big fir tree.
Thank you for the response. I appreciate your thoroughness.

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
@mpbcam.....We live in a draw.....very close to the bottom of the draw. Much of the good stuff to watch around here is above the horizon. I can only get the camera mounted up so far.....and that will be using a big fir tree.
Thank you for the response. I appreciate your thoroughness.
You would know your geography best...

In my case, I knew the horizontal distance and height (not the hypotenuse), so I did the arctangent to get the angle (opposite/adjacent of the good old soh/cah/toa).

In your case, you probably have a good idea of the linear distance up the slope (the hypotenuse) and maybe an approximation of the height difference (opposite), so you'd do the arcsin of "opposite/hypotenuse" to get the rough angle.

Let's say you measured the walk up the draw and it was 1000' as you walked, and you estimate the height difference at 300'. So that angle pointing up the hill towards the top is 17.5 degrees = arcsin(300/1000).

(and by the way, you may know all of this and I don't mean to speak down to you, but there may be others who need that trip down trigonometry lane to remind them).

Reaction score
Been a long while since I paid much attention to trig. I do remember an old lousy PT(Agasio) I had years ago. I got it up high but could not get the top of the farm. Mount tilting it is a no go as I want her to be plumb. 15 degrees would cover my needs.
Thanks again.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah same here they say 12-20" of snow for me. It's been so cold here I haven't been able to mount my system yet. I still gotta lay conduit and run cat6.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We are on the outside looking in in Syracuse, NY. 15+ inches forecast, which is a dusting for this town. We know how to deal with snow. Daycare sites already bailing out on tomorrow around here. More time for me to play/learn my setup as I'll have to stay home. ;)