Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wondering if you went straight to a switch or router it would change anything.
That blows!
Currently running cameras straight to a gigabit HP switch, Cat6 cable and so on, they have an easy life :)

jaygen

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine shipped with
System Version 2.621.0000000.1.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2017-10-23

No issues thus far

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still on a 2016 firmware....once again for newbs is the upgrade process:

1) backup config file of existing settings
2) upgrade firmware using the .bin file
3) upgrade the PTZ firmware in the general folder
4) reset to defaults
5) reboot cam
6) import config file of my current settings

is that the right order of steps?

Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still on a 2016 firmware....once again for newbs is the upgrade process:

1) backup config file of existing settings
2) upgrade firmware using the .bin file
3) upgrade the PTZ firmware in the general folder
4) reset to defaults
5) reboot cam
6) import config file of my current settings

is that the right order of steps?

Thanks!
Plus:
Don't do the upgrade over Wifi.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
having a problem....was able to upgrade with the general file, but after trying to upgrade using the 17-10-23 .bin, nothing happens...just still shows the 2016 firmware...any ideas??
...I tried using Pale Moon browser, then tried Smart PSS to do the upgrade.....baffled.....

-I'm trying with the NTSC firmware...should I try PAL???
-should i try restoring to defaults FIRST, and then upgrade using the 17-10-23 .bin?

thought it might be a firewall blocking so tried turning off ESET security...didn't help

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
having a problem....was able to upgrade with the general file, but after trying to upgrade using the 17-10-23 .bin, nothing happens...just still shows the 2016 firmware...any ideas??
...I tried using Pale Moon browser, then tried Smart PSS to do the upgrade.....baffled.....

-I'm trying with the NTSC firmware...should I try PAL???
-should i try restoring to defaults FIRST, and then upgrade using the 17-10-23 .bin?

thought it might be a firewall blocking so tried turning off ESET security...didn't help
Did you try powering off the camera altogether rather than just restarting? worth a shot if it hasn't been done already.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try powering off the camera altogether rather than just restarting? worth a shot if it hasn't been done already.
just tried it...no change..still showing the following:

Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.379855
ONVIF Version 2.4.2
PTZ Version 3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722

weird thing is the PTZ General file looks like it successfully was upgraded...

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
just tried it...no change..still showing the following:

Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.379855
ONVIF Version 2.4.2
PTZ Version 3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722

weird thing is the PTZ General file looks like it successfully was upgraded...
That is odd, did have a similar struggle with mine on the previous firmware upgrade, powering down then back on seemed to cure it and the upgrade went through OK after that. You could back up current configuration and try resetting to factory defaults like you mentioned previously, then give the firmware upgrade a shot, if not tried already.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is odd, did have a similar struggle with mine on the previous firmware upgrade, powering down then back on seemed to cure it and the upgrade went through OK after that. You could back up current configuration and try resetting to factory defaults like you mentioned previously, then give the firmware upgrade a shot, if not tried already.
do you think because my pc connects through a switch before getting to the POE+ switch, that could hinder it?...gonna try going to defaults and then upgrade...will the admin pw stay the same or do I create a new one when resetting?...wanna try and avoid having to take the cam down since it's in a crazy spot and would be very hard to do so.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
do you think because my pc connects through a switch before getting to the POE+ switch, that could hinder it?...gonna try going to defaults and then upgrade...will the admin pw stay the same or do I create a new one when resetting?...wanna try and avoid having to take the cam down since it's in a crazy spot and would be very hard to do so.
The switch configuration you describe shouldn't cause a problem assuming switches are all working fine. When you reset to factory defaults the admin password will also be reset so far as I know, you shouldn't need direct access to the camera itself. Did you power the camera down altogether, as in disconnect the ethernet cable from POE+ switch or disable power to the port if using a smart/managed switch?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The switch configuration you describe shouldn't cause a problem assuming switches are all working fine. When you reset to factory defaults the admin password will also be reset so far as I know, you shouldn't need direct access to the camera itself. Did you power the camera down altogether, as in disconnect the ethernet cable from POE+ switch or disable power to the port if using a smart/managed switch?
OK! success...finally got it upgraded...the ONLY thing that would work is using the Dahua Config Tool to do the upgrade...no idea why...
..now, a new problem is it doesn't wanna import my config that I had exported before upgrading...ideas?

the message given is "OPERATE FAILED"

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK! success...finally got it upgraded...the ONLY thing that would work is using the Dahua Config Tool to do the upgrade...no idea why...
..now, a new problem is it doesn't wanna import my config that I had exported before upgrading...ideas?

the message given is "OPERATE FAILED"
For best results, I suggest setting it back up from scratch. Don't mess with the backup file.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For best results, I suggest setting it back up from scratch. Don't mess with the backup file.
true enough...I gave up on it!....did u guys do a "DEFAULT" after firmware upgrade, or needs to be "FACTORY DEFAULT"?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey gang it has been some time since I was here last. Been really busy with life and work. Need some help. All of a sudden I can not bring up my PTZ on my IPhone X. I have been running the iDMSS app without any problems. All my other cameras connect and I can bring the PTZ up on my computer no problem. My NVR is NVR5416 - 16p-4KS. I am perplexed with the problem. Any ideas ?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey gang it has been some time since I was here last. Been really busy with life and work. Need some help. All of a sudden I can not bring up my PTZ on my IPhone X. I have been running the iDMSS app without any problems. All my other cameras connect and I can bring the PTZ up on my computer no problem. My NVR is NVR5416 - 16p-4KS. I am perplexed with the problem. Any ideas ?
Is your iDMSS connected to NVR?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running iDMSS plus app on my IPHONE X. I am connected to the NVR and can see all of my other cameras but my PTZ does not show up. I have a monitor connected directly to the NVR and can see the PTZ is connected and I can see the video stream.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Running iDMSS plus app on my IPHONE X. I am connected to the NVR and can see all of my other cameras but my PTZ does not show up. I have a monitor connected directly to the NVR and can see the PTZ is connected and I can see the video stream.
That is very strange indeed then. If PTZ is showing up on your NVR then it should be showing up on your iDMSS. Do you have another iPhone that not a iPhone X or Android and install iDMSS to see if that the case? It doesn't need service, just connect it to your wifi and add device using your local ip address.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is very strange indeed then. If PTZ is showing up on your NVR then it should be showing up on your iDMSS. Do you have another iPhone that not a iPhone X or Android and install iDMSS to see if that the case? It doesn't need service, just connect it to your wifi and add device using your local ip address.
I will need to borrow a friends I pad to see if that works. I am wondering if maybe the data stream is large and being blocked by a provider? Kind of odd it is the only camera stream I cant see but it worked before.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will need to borrow a friends I pad to see if that works. I am wondering if maybe the data stream is large and being blocked by a provider? Kind of odd it is the only camera stream I cant see but it worked before.
Does it work when at home on your wifi? No provider involved in that instance.