Dahua 4k Starlight with 1/2 sensor (CVI only for now)

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Why is it every Dahua link leads to their "New Products" page and not the specific product? Their site is a little wonky!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it every Dahua link leads to their "New Products" page and not the specific product? Their site is a little wonky!
i tested the link before and it worked, from the pc i posted it from...got home from work and trying it now and its not working...dahua...

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I run into that all the time with links to their products. Thought it was me, but had the same results in FF, IE, Edge and Pale Moon. They're doing something dumb, that's for sure.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I run into that all the time with links to their products. Thought it was me, but had the same results in FF, IE, Edge and Pale Moon. They're doing something dumb, that's for sure.
Definitely. It reminds me of some sites in the 90's where the address bar would read www.domain.com regardless of what page you were on, making deep linking tough.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I picked a region, US, and tried it again and got the same page. Just added the ">us? to a copy and paste and that worked. Dahua needs to get their ship together.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, that's weird. I just clicked the link again after reading your post, but it went to the right page without entering my region.
yes that happened to me as well...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, that's weird. I just clicked the link again after reading your post, but it went to the right page without entering my region.
It looks like they may have actually fixed their website. I'm still expecting to find a few more redirect problems though. I'm pleasantly surprised they fixed it before I resorted to writing a browser extension or userscript to add ?us to the end of every link on their site.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They still need to redirect www1.dahuasecurity.com somewhere, preferably with redirects between the old link structure and new. Turning thousands of inbound links into 404 errors isn't exactly smart webdesign. Failure to redirect when a website is redesigned is a personal pet peeve.

If it still gives you trouble delete cookies for their site and load the international site again.

Last edited:

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
progress. I notice that they have taken to dropping the shutter speed from the minimum LUX in the spec. I suspect that it is being reported from the 1/3 sec vs the 1/30 sec to get to the Starlight (sub 0.01) number, but still good.

I also notice that it is slightly wider FOV than previous generation similar stuff by a couple of degrees.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Nevermind, found it, here's the direct link (need to add 20307?us after product detail in the hyperlink, lol)

Click below:
HAC-HDW2802T-Z-A-DP
HAC-HDW2802T-Z-A-DP

4K Starlight HDCVI IR Eyeball Camera

> Starlight, 120dB True WDR, 3DNR
> Max. 4K resolution
> HD/SD switchable
> Audio in interface, built-in mic
> 3.7-11mm motorized lens
> Max. IR length 60m, Smart IR
> IP67, AC24V/DC12V±30%

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Not just that, the website prompted and requested me to accept their cookies, I thought we left the 20th century long time ago, lol

I picked a region, US, and tried it again and got the same page. Just added the ">us? to a copy and paste and that worked. Dahua needs to get their ship together.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not just that, the website prompted and requested me to accept their cookies, I thought we left the 20th century long time ago, lol
That's an effort to comply European data protection laws.
Nevermind, found it, here's the direct link (need to add 20307?us after product detail in the hyperlink, lol)

Click below:
HAC-HDW2802T-Z-A-DP
HAC-HDW2802T-Z-A-DP

4K Starlight HDCVI IR Eyeball Camera
um... that's the exact camera and link fenderman provided in the first post. it's hdcvi.