Dahua 4mp, 6mm turrets (IPC-HDW4421C)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Received my IPC-HDW4421C today by USPS. Ordered from Julia on Aug 16th, so 11 days isn't bad at all. Haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Just took it out of the box. As always from CCTV, it was well packaged. I ordered the 2.8mm lens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks to bp's info on the Dahua's default IP address, user name and password, I had the camera operational in less than 5 minutes. It's looking good. :)

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lare, mine is scheduled to be delivered today, but we don't usually get the mail for another hour or so. I'll be playing around with it a bit before I decide whether it stays here or goes to our mountain home.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the settings digger. So far I like it. I'll take it outside later and temporarily mount it. Here are the stream settings I'm using right now.

Anyone know what the difference is between H.264H and H.264?

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect H.264H is for "High Profile" which generally means better quality with slightly worse compatibility.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I temporarily mounted the Dahua behind my shed and took a snapshot in B.I.

I re-sized the pic and the only thing I tweaked in the camera 'Conditions' settings were the brightness and contrast.

Attachments

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have mine up and running in a temporary location just to play around with it.

I haven't been able to find a spec sheet for the camera, so I did some measurements and calculations to see whether the fov on the 3.6mm matched the 81 degrees shown on CCTV Camera China's webpage. I came up with 80 degrees @ 2560x1440, which is pretty darn close.

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, these screenshots look nice! i can't believe these 4MP turrets sell for $80.

I'm seriously doubting now whether to go for the hikvision 2332 or these (with a 2.8 mm lens).

Can these camera's also directly record to a NAS (say synology)? And are they compatible with most NVR's?
I'm also wondering how wide the 2.8mm angle would be on this (approx 92 degree?)

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you believe the specs that CCTV Camera China lists for the camera,
2.8mm=110
3.6mm=81
6mm=55

I calculated an actual fov of 80 degrees on my 3.6mm, and I'm sure my margin of error was at least +/- 1 degree, so the stated 81 degrees seems correct for the 3.6mm.
I can't speak to the accuracy of the stated fov for the other two lenses.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it the 2.8mm FOV on my dome is definitely above 90 degrees, but only just barely. I mounted it about 2 feet from a corner of my 12'x12' shed and it can just barely see all four walls.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now that you mention it the 2.8mm FOV on my dome is definitely above 90 degrees, but only just barely. I mounted it about 2 feet from a corner of my 12'x12' shed and it can just barely see all four walls.
CCTV Camera China lists the dome as
Angle of View 106°/83°/56°

I wish Dahua would update their web site and add product pages for these new cameras.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are right bp. Here is a full resolution snapshot taken from the cameras browser interface. It saved in .bmp format and is about 10 meg in size.

How does the picture quality compare to your Hik 2032 and 2432? Any comments on how it performs on the dark vs the Hiks and the WDR functionality?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How does the picture quality compare to your Hik 2032 and 2432? Any comments on how it performs on the dark vs the Hiks and the WDR functionality?
IMHO, I think it has a sharper image than my Hik 2032's and Hik 2432's. This IPC-HDW4421C has the 2.8mm lens. One thing I really like is the ability to adjust the camera settings for the daytime and then make other adjustments for the nighttime settings and have it switch automatically at whatever time you select. I haven't played around with WDR yet. It defaults to being off which is the way I left it for now.

Here's a nighttime snapshot. This is not the best location to have the camera because of the close proximity to the tree's and fence. I just temporarily have it mounted there. I may move it somewhere else to get some better shots at a distance.

Attachments

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is that with just the IR from the camera? Big hotspot from the IR?