Dahua AutoTracking Demos

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm curious, is auto tracking strictly a software thing or are there hardware components to it?
The SD49225T-HN for example does not have auto-track. Is the cost upgrade to the auto-tracking models just a code change for Dahua?
Kind of like the Tesla Ludicrous mode?...Increase your speed and HP by receiving a software update, (but it cost $10k).

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm curious, is auto tracking strictly a software thing or are there hardware components to it?
The SD49225T-HN for example does not have auto-track. Is the cost upgrade to the auto-tracking models just a code change for Dahua?
Kind of like the Tesla Ludicrous mode?...Increase your speed and HP by receiving a software update, (but it cost $10k).
Good question, it seems like it, but you do get some other things like it looks like the auto tracking model is a little faster, has electronic image stabilization, a little further IR distance etc.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a bit of both I suspect; it seems quite resource intensive when its active.. analyzing video is pretty cpu intensive and its very likely these pro ones have much faster and more capable hardware inside em; My Ultra cam actually has GigE in it.. indicating whatever cpu they are using is capable of exceeding 100Mbps bus speeds, otherwise they wouldent bother with a GigE network chipset.

If/When Dahua can give you Autotracking for a $350 Lite model they will.. used to be Autotracking was only Ultra cameras that cost several times the cost ($1200+ ptz), now they are on every Pro Model they make.. Same w/Starlight capabilities.. time will let the more expencive features trickle down to the economy cameras.. For Dahua to make a good PTZ at the Economy Price point they have to trim off alot of costs and use cheaper chipsets..

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
a bit of both I suspect; it seems quite resource intensive when its active.. analyzing video is pretty cpu intensive and its very likely these pro ones have much faster and more capable hardware inside em; My Ultra cam actually has GigE in it.. indicating whatever cpu they are using is capable of exceeding 100Mbps bus speeds, otherwise they wouldent bother with a GigE network chipset.

If/When Dahua can give you Autotracking for a $350 Lite model they will.. used to be Autotracking was only Ultra cameras that cost several times the cost ($1200+ ptz), now they are on every Pro Model they make.. Same w/Starlight capabilities.. time will let the more expencive features trickle down to the economy cameras.. For Dahua to make a good PTZ at the Economy Price point they have to trim off alot of costs and use cheaper chipsets..
I am preparing to send Nayr a super PTZ as a testing sample for free, he is the man who help all of us too much here. I am thinking for this one, latest released.
SD6AE240V-HNI,SD6AE240V-HNI | Dahua Technology

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow that is a nice one. New 40X would be nice to see a review. Especially if it could be set up somewhere with an open distant view to see the full capability of a 40x day and night.
What is the price on that one? $375? ;)

Happy Birthday to Nayr!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow that is a nice one. New 40X would be nice to see a review. Especially if it could be set up somewhere with an open distant view to see the full capability of a 40x day and night.
What is the price on that one? $375? ;)

Happy Birthday to Nayr!
prolly more like 1,275

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've gotten a 500ft + read on a stationary license plate with my 30x... 40x would be even more ridiculous.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since it's triggered by IVS it dont spend all day chasing squirrels and cars like a bad dog.. in my case it only tracks people walking up to my door.
Tracking on tripwire is a massive improvement. Will it track on alarm inputs too, or still only call presets? I'd be interested to see how GuitarKin's tracks on a windy day though to see if the software is intelligent enough to only track the person that walks up to the door rather than chasing trees.

The girl was kind of cute I would have had to chat with her longer lol.
I don't know. Looked a bit houso to me. Trouble is near if you hook up with those ones.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@SyconsciousAu it will call a preset that can have an intrusion zone set to further trigger autotracking.. but no alarm IO wont directly trigger autotracking as it needs an object to do so with.

and wow an Ultra 40x PTZ; I dont know what the hell I'd do with that.. guess count the blades of grass in the front yard lol.. but I wont turn it down, though a laser IR one w/wiper would be cooler.. too bad they dont make those w/the IMX291 yet.. Good thing I have a PoE midspan that can support those, and 7 alarm inputs..

If it were me spending this kinda money; I think I'd get one of the 180 degree starlight cameras and a Pro Black Face.. as I dont have the distance requirements for much more than 60mm