Dahua camera going offline

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So are you saying the 10 day money back guarantee is actually not true? You seem to be missing the point along with your followers. Regardless of if it is user error or not it clearly states there is a guarantee to get a full refund. It’s not that hard to understand but hope it’s clearer for you now. The fact is Andy did not fulfil his duty as a seller.
I am saying the 10 day money back guarantee is not from Andy. You have a serious reading comprehension problem. That is an Aliexpress program if the item is not as described - not the case here. We are not missing any point, it is you who cannot read.
Funny how you are pompous and condescending about me not being about to understand, but it is YOU! Read the listing.

The FACT is that he did everything he has to do. The fact is you have not performed even the most BASIC troubleshooting. The fact is you are incompetent and have only yourself to blame. You are exactly the reason why camera manufactures dont want to sell to end users. Get yourself a nest cam and call it a day.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
I am saying the 10 day money back guarantee is not from Andy. You have a serious reading comprehension problem. That is an Aliexpress program if the item is not as described - not the case here. We are not missing any point, it is you who cannot read.
Funny how you are pompous and condescending about me not being about to understand, but it is YOU! Read the listing.

The FACT is that he did everything he has to do. The fact is you have not performed even the most BASIC troubleshooting. The fact is you are incompetent and have only yourself to blame. You are exactly the reason why camera manufactures dont want to sell to end users. Get yourself a nest cam and call it a day.
Again thanks for your analysis, not sure how you can claim facts against what I have and have not done. Anyway enjoy your day and take a chill pill or something!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Again thanks for your analysis, not sure how you can claim facts against what I have and have not done. Anyway enjoy your day and take a chill pill or something!
egg on your face dumass…You are the one who went on a RANT, falsely claiming "facts" that do not exist. Then when you are busted LYING you tell me to chill? What the hell is wrong with you.
I know exactly what you did or did not do. You NEVER tested the camera properly as instructed. If you did, you would see there is no issue. You would have also said that you did same. You are an incompetent end user. Andy should simply tell you where you can shove your cameras.

Last edited:

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
egg on your face dumass…You are the one who went on a RANT, falsely claiming "facts" that do not exist. Then when you are busted LYING you tell me to chill? What the hell is wrong with you.
I know exactly what you did or did not do. You NEVER tested the camera properly as instructed. If you did, you would see there is no issue. You would have also said that you did same. You are an incompetent end user. Andy should simply tell you where you can shove your cameras.
Get a grip dude, there’s no need to start personally abusing someone. Pretending you know exactly what someone did or did not do shows how deluded you actually are. My advice to you is read back on your posts, have a cup of coffee...maybe two and think before replying.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Get a grip dude, there’s no need to start personally abusing someone. Pretending you know exactly what someone did or did not do shows how deluded you actually are. My advice to you is read back on your posts, have a cup of coffee...maybe two and think before replying.
lol, abuse? You lied, then made demands based on the lie, then acted like a pompous condescending prick. I will continue "abusing" you. I don't need your "advice". You are an incompetent liar. Its funny that you go on a passive aggressive rant with your bold lettering then cower and play victim when called out on your lies.
Also take note that you cannot report me to myself. Fool.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
lol, abuse? You lied, then made demands based on the lie, then acted like a pompous condescending prick. I will continue "abusing" you. I don't need your "advice". You are an incompetent liar. Its funny that you go on a passive aggressive rant with your bold lettering then cower and play victim when called out on your lies.
Also take note that you cannot report me to myself. Fool.
Your boring me dude, on and on you keep on going! Give it a break

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Strong words! I honestly feel sorry for you mate, go and get some help with these stress issues...it’s not healthy
Its not stress, I am allergic to pompous liars. Did you not forget your previous post where you lied and acted like a pompous idoit? Then you play victim by claiming you are being "abused". That kind of nonsense will not fly here.
You presence on my forum is hanging by a thread.:)

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess I must have burnt up my camera. No more video coming up no matter what I do. Ordered 2 more from Andy. Let’s see if I can keep from burning them up. if i run a cat 5e over 300’, do I need an inline injector? And if so where inline should i put it? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I must have burnt up my camera. No more video coming up no matter what I do. Ordered 2 more from Andy. Let’s see if I can keep from burning them up. if i run a cat 5e over 300’, do I need an inline injector? And if so where inline should i put it? Thanks.
What do you mean by "burnt up". 300' is no problem for a standard poe switch. Make sure you are using solid copper cable not copper clad aluminium.
If two of your cameras died at the same time, its likely due to a power surge. Otherwise another common reason for failure is improperly sealing the ethernet connection allowing water to get in.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here’s what happened. I read where you can put 2 cameras on one Ethernet cable. So, I ran 3 pair of cameras this way. 2 pair are still working just fine. But I started to notice one of the cameras, on the pair that was on the furthers run, was timing out. I would un hook it for a bit and plug it back up and the video would come on again. Then if it got a few triggers on that camera it would go out again. Then it started getting moisture in the lens where the image was blurred. I took it apart and cleaned the lens, sealed it back up with silicone. Then it would go out again. I thought maybe it was starving for power seeing that I was running 2 cameras on one line a long distance. Oh, by the way the line is gel filled, solid copper, direct bury Cat5e. I housed all connections in a sealed plastic gray electrical box between the cameras. Like I said, the other 2 pair are working fine still. That being said, We had a declared national flood disaster in this area last May. I lost a lot of stuff including my battery backup that I just bought for $200. My computer and cameras were up high so they were fine. But it took us 4 months to clean up flood damage and i just recently got the cameras back up and running again. Even the one i was having problems with. Then it started to fog up again but this time it went out permanently. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Lol. I have a 10 camera system, all Dahua and one Amcrest. But like I said, I just received 2 more from Andy and still looking for the misplaced Amcrest. Thank’s.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry. My PTZ is Sunba, and one is cheap SVC. Bought them before I found this forum. Left to right of images. Sunba PTZ, Dahua, Dahua (pair), SCV, Dahua (1of 2 paired), Dahua (Used to be paired until other went out), Dahua (2 of 2 paired), Dahua, Amcrest that I cant find after flood clean up.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Take them down, bring into house, connect to POE switch or 12v wall wart and a short factory made good cable to test.
If you want reliability, Don't double up cams on one cable. i've already shown you what you should be using instead.

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello looney2ns, I have already taken it down, brought into house/building. tried both POE & 12v wall wart. I haven’t used short factory made cable to test, Just a sort one I made. And yes, I will not double up anymore. It’s hard because i’v already ran my cables through conduit and under ground :smash:. Thanks. Going out to try and hook up new cameras today. Maybe.

Reaction score
You dont' by chance have conficting IP address's with something.
It's really odd that two cameras are doing the same thing, it's very rare for the cameras to have faulty hardware.
Sir, you are amazing! I will give you my next born child! :) Though, I don't have any ip conflicts, changing the ip did the trick, for now. Thank you!

LBJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I got 4 years out of my Dahua bullet cam before it started to become intermittent in terms of (wired) network connectivity.

Quite simply it would operate for about 6 to 12 hours, and then just lose ethernet connectivity (link light on router goes away until I unplug/plug the Dahua back in)

(model Dahua DH-IPC-HFW1320SP)

I brought it inside, connected it through a factory made 2 meter cable to my router and powered via the 12V coaxial round plug/socket thingy.

Tried factory reset, 2 different routers, 2 different cables, tried PoE and then the external power via the power plug/socket.

Same thing. As Dr. McCoy would say, "It's dead Jim." It was outdoors in a dry location and out of direct sunlight for most of the day, but has been in temps as high as 115F (46C) this summer. It's been hot here.

Replaced with a 4k Hikvision. The Dahua goes to the recycler on Wednesday.