rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is how mine looks by default.
upload_2017-6-13_9-52-3.png

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can somebody send me a import config file for IPC-HDW5231R-Z where ivs works "without your passwords" ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Smart codec is off . The fact is I have 7 cameras here that do not work the way they are supposed to.
The fact is that is not related to purchasing from andy..its either user error or an issue with all dahua cameras of the same model..

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I can tell you that IVS does work on mine and it does record to the on board SD card. Only problem I have with mine is that like everyone else it skip a frame when IVS is triggered in the playback. I am at work now but maybe later today I will try to make a post on a step by step to enable IVS with SD card on this forum.

I do own a NVR but it still sitting in a box and not hooked up yet that why I am using SD card with 24/7 and IVS recording. My card is 64G and only hold about 2-3 days worth of recording.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which camera is this from? I don't have heat map, people counting and alarm. There is no Relay-out option ether.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can tell you that IVS does work on mine and it does record to the on board SD card. Only problem I have with mine is that like everyone else it skip a frame when IVS is triggered in the playback. I am at work now but maybe later today I will try to make a post on a step by step to enable IVS with SD card on this forum.
Thank You .
I will really appreciate it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank You .
I will really appreciate it.
Insert SD card in the camera (Make sure it at least Class 10)

Storage -> Destination -> “Path” tab (under Record) - on “Event Type” all boxes under “Local” is checked and save

Storage -> Destination -> “Local” tab - highlight SD card then format (Camera will restart after format complete)

Storage -> Schedule -> “Record Schedule” tab – add check to “motion” boxes on all the day and time you want (yellow highlight) and save

Event -> Smart Plan – click on “light bulb” icon (IVS) and save

Event -> IVS – add rule (green plus) select and draw rules, under Parameter Setup – make sure your time and date is setup in “Working Period” and “Record” box is checked. Then save

I would suggest on your laptop to load the camera GUI and go to live view, enable Rules Info (button on bottom of the viewer) and walk around. If IVS is detected it will flash the IVS lines you drew then it should be recording to the SD card. I would go check in the Playback Tab in the camera GUI and look on the timeline at the bottom to see if any "yellow" lines/boxes showed up.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Insert SD card in the camera (Make sure it at least Class 10)

Storage -> Destination -> “Path” tab (under Record) - on “Event Type” all boxes under “Local” is checked and save

Storage -> Destination -> “Local” tab - highlight SD card then format (Camera will restart after format complete)

Storage -> Schedule -> “Record Schedule” tab – add check to “motion” boxes on all the day and time you want (yellow highlight) and save

Event -> Smart Plan – click on “light bulb” icon (IVS) and save

Event -> IVS – add rule (green plus) select and draw rules, under Parameter Setup – make sure your time and date is setup in “Working Period” and “Record” box is checked. Then save

I would suggest on your laptop to load the camera GUI and go to live view, enable Rules Info (button on bottom of the viewer) and walk around. If IVS is detected it will flash the IVS lines you drew then it should be recording to the SD card. I would go check in the Playback Tab in the camera GUI and look on the timeline at the bottom to see if any "yellow" lines/boxes showed up.
All that was done.
Rules work and send email to me.
But when I go to back up to review playback the only thing available is green general recording. When I select anything else like alarm and intelegent it says no recordings on the web Gui and also smartPSS

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
All that was done.
Rules work and send email to me.
But when I go to back up to review playback the only thing available is green general recording. When I select anything else like alarm and intelegent it says no recordings on the web Gui and also smartPSS

Is smartcodec on? If so disable it, I read somewhere in another thread that smartcodec was messing up with IVS

Also disable email, snapshot etc. Only enable recording to see if some other settings is interfering it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Ivs does not even show when smart codec is enabled.
Then I have no idea what to tell you to check next. Did you reset to default after the firmware upgrade if you upgraded it?

Maybe reset it back to default in the configuration so you still keep the username/password and network setting but go directly to SD and IVS set up. Do a simple tripline rule type to try it. Either the camera is defective or the processor in camera is overloaded. I run mine at default bitrate and 15 fps on both.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, when you're in SmartPSS playback section, you see this right?

upload_2017-6-13_19-20-59.png

Now, click the Event tab in the lower left hand side and you should see this...

upload_2017-6-13_19-21-45.png

Now in the Record Type column, the blank cells are the IVS events. You're not seeing any of those? You're searching for "all" in the Type box of the lower right hand corner right?

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use the black 2.0 version

Then I have no idea what to tell you to check next. Did you reset to default after the firmware upgrade if you upgraded it?

Maybe reset it back to default in the configuration so you still keep the username/password and network setting but go directly to SD and IVS set up. Do a simple tripline rule type to try it. Either the camera is defective or the processor in camera is overloaded. I run mine at default bitrate and 15 fps on both.
So, when you're in SmartPSS playback section, you see this right?

View attachment 19264

Now, click the Event tab in the lower left hand side and you should see this...

View attachment 19265

Now in the Record Type column, the blank cells are the IVS events. You're not seeing any of those? You're searching for "all" in the Type box of the lower right hand corner right?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I use the black 2.0 version

Have you check the playback on the camera GUI to see if it shows up? All IVS shows up as yellow in camera SD card, not orange. I don't know if that is intended or a bug in camera firmware.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am thinking there might be a bug somewhere to record IVS to the SD card. I been messing around with IVS and SD card to see if I could make it stop recording and it did stopped but I had no idea what step did I do to make this bug show it ugly rear end. I had to go back and re-save everything to make it start recording IVS to the SD card again.

I never bothered to check SmartPSS until tonight and I noticed that on SmartPSS the yellow is intended for motion detection while the orange was for IVS events. But in the camera there is no orange at all, only yellow for both Motion Detection and IVS event. Maybe that what is causing the problem because when I tried to view with SmartPSS, the recording on IVS stopped in the camera and I had to go back to re-save all the IVS setup. The IVS setting did not vanish or change but saving it again cause it to record again.

Try this then, resave all your setting in the camera and go trigger some IVS events but play back only using the camera built in GUI. Do not load your SmartPSS yet.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks will try right now.

I am thinking there might be a bug somewhere to record IVS to the SD card. I been messing around with IVS and SD card to see if I could make it stop recording and it did stopped but I had no idea what step did I do to make this bug show it ugly rear end. I had to go back and re-save everything to make it start recording IVS to the SD card again.

I never bothered to check SmartPSS until tonight and I noticed that on SmartPSS the yellow is intended for motion detection while the orange was for IVS events. But in the camera there is no orange at all, only yellow for both Motion Detection and IVS event. Maybe that what is causing the problem because when I tried to view with SmartPSS, the recording on IVS stopped in the camera and I had to go back to re-save all the IVS setup. The IVS setting did not vanish or change but saving it again cause it to record again.

Try this then, resave all your setting in the camera and go trigger some IVS events but play back only using the camera built in GUI. Do not load your SmartPSS yet.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is funny.
This morning I loaded the PAL firmware that the cameras came with on one of my cameras at home. And now everything works like expected with exactly the same setup!!!!
Is it possible it was the NTSC firmware? I did reset to default after the ntsc flash.
Will find out soon.