Reaction score
Ok thanks again
I will try that

porto

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@cor35vet ,
What do you mean with disabled update? I don't want to have unwanted traffic due to my lte connection, I will wait for you. Now that I have it working the next upgrade should be possible like normally over webif. That's my caravan cam, no time to hurry.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@cor35vet ,
What do you mean with disabled update? I don't want to have unwanted traffic due to my lte connection, I will wait for you. Now that I have it working the next upgrade should be possible like normally over webif. That's my caravan cam, no time to hurry.
Dahua added an "UpdateChecker" into their firmware two versions ago.
It connects to their server and reports the current version, language, serial number, model, etc.
I don't know if it will actually update the camera, maybe only if there is a security vuln.
I've disabled that feature in my firmware as that can brick a chinese camera if it gets updated with english firmware.
I usually upgrade via ConfigTool, I think it's more safe because it runs over a dedicated upgrade process, the webui is a huge program and could break during the upgrade (already happened to me - but i upgraded a lot of times ^^).

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua added an "UpdateChecker" into their firmware two versions ago.
It connects to their server and reports the current version, language, serial number, model, etc.
I don't know if it will actually update the camera, maybe only if there is a security vuln.
I've disabled that feature in my firmware as that can brick a chinese camera if it gets updated with english firmware.
I usually upgrade via ConfigTool, I think it's more safe because it runs over a dedicated upgrade process, the webui is a huge program and could break during the upgrade (already happened to me - but i upgraded a lot of times ^^).
Oh, this seems to be interesting. Never seen this bevore. Where do I find it? Only in Chinese ones? On the international fw of hdw5231 i am up to date, but I didn't found it.

Hao chang

n3wb
Reaction score
I patched the Chinese one very quickly and flashed it to my cam: https://i.botox.bz/dh_ipc-hx4xxx-eos_chn_pn_stream3_v2.426.0000.22.r.20170309.bin

I don't see any changes to be honest...

When the English version is out I'll make a full image, this one has: region check patched, telnet added, eng,spa,fra,rus from previous version, disabled update and T2U "watchnet" server/ lechange pro
So it should be fine for testing, but don't flash all of your cameras yet ^^
Get the latest version of the firmware, thx.

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just noticed something quite interesting with a NVR4208 that's a Chinese hacked model ex Aliexpress that I use for some testing. The device came with hacked firmware on it (displayed English but the language prompt was in Mandarin). I have just upgraded this to the latest genuine English DH_NVR4xxx_Eng_P_V3.202.0000.1.R.20170221 firmware to test something before I tried to create a modded version of the firmware. The NVR accepted this but as expected NVR prompts are messed up when displayed locally on a monitor but when viewed via a web browser I can log in and use the device with 100% English prompts.

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
hello.

i have Dahua:

Device Type: IPC-HFW4300E
Software Version: 2.420.0006.0.R, build : 2015-03-11
WEB Version: 3.2.1.256412
ONVIF Version: 2.4.1

is this firmware correct for update? http://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia/General/1511/General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0009.0.R.20151106.bin

thanks!

peter
Yes the 4300E is a 1st gen Adreia camera.

Does anybody actually have a mod version of this firmware? I have a couple of cameras that were Chinese stock and I've been unable to locate the actual Chinese firmware to create a version to upgrade them.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Cor35vet,

Today I red the whole history in this thread and saw that I didn't flashed this firmware. So I did flashed it a few minutes ago and I can revert back to english now. The upgrade went well and did it via the web browser.

Thank you for this firmware.
Did the latest beta get fixed for the HFW4431R-Z @cor35vet ?

Or is the safe bet https://i.botox.bz/DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_BETA.bin ?

Current version I have from the seller:

Device Type

IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Software Version

2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24

WEB Version

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did the latest beta get fixed for the HFW4431R-Z @cor35vet ?

Or is the safe bet https://i.botox.bz/DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_BETA.bin ?

Current version I have from the seller:

Device Type

IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Software Version

2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24

WEB Version

You should be fine with the EOS firmware from the first post until an official update from Dahua exist which could be patched by @cor35vet. Hopefully he'll also fix the weekday problem in the new version like he did for me in the NAND Firmware.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should be fine with the EOS firmware from the first post until an official update from Dahua exist which could be patched by @cor35vet. Hopefully he'll also fix the weekday problem in the new version like he did for me in the NAND Firmware.
All good, thought I'd check just in case I missed something.

I haven't been game enough to try the NANO one on my HDBW4431R-ZS yet...
I'm sure I'll get bored soon enough and try it. haha
Surprisingly the firmware on HDBW I have has the ability to turn off the P2P functions.

And I couldn't help myself.

That was completely painless.

Now to dare with the HDBW? :p

Last edited:

dmitrynt

n3wb
Reaction score
WARNING: DO NOT FLASH THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH FIRMWARE ON CHINESE HARDWARE!

How do i Identify if my camera has Chinese hardware?
Sorry new to this.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WARNING: DO NOT FLASH THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH FIRMWARE ON CHINESE HARDWARE!

How do i Identify if my camera has Chinese hardware?
Sorry new to this.
Sadly Dahua has not added anything obvious in their model numbers.
You could try googling the model, compare how many English results you get versus Chinese, could work right?

dmitrynt

n3wb
Reaction score
Sadly Dahua has not added anything obvious in their model numbers.
You could try googling the model, compare how many English results you get versus Chinese, could work right?

Does the mod kit to update firmware detect it so that i dont brick it?

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the mod kit to update firmware detect it so that i dont brick it?
Detect what? All it does is extract and pack firmware..
If the firmware you downloaded was not chinese, it will probably break your chinese camera.
And the cameras all use different mechanisms to detect which region it belongs to.

dmitrynt

n3wb
Reaction score
Detect what? All it does is extract and pack firmware..
If the firmware you downloaded was not chinese, it will probably break your chinese camera.
And the cameras all use different mechanisms to detect which region it belongs to.

Uhmm, so which firmware do i download for ?
Device TypeIPC-HFW4431R-Z
Software Version2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24
WEB Version3.2.1.364036
ONVIF Version2.42

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Uhmm, so which firmware do i download for ?
Device TypeIPC-HFW4431R-Z
Software Version2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24
WEB Version3.2.1.364036
ONVIF Version2.42
Considering your model is listed in the compatibility list for the Eos firmware, I'd download that.....
Did you even read the OP?

dmitrynt

n3wb
Reaction score
Considering your model is listed in the compatibility list for the Eos firmware, I'd download that.....
Did you even read the OP?
I did read. You just said your self that dahua does add anything to model number to identify hardware type. That being said how can you point me to Eos firmare listed based only on model?
Sorry i am confused.