Dahua IPC-HFW4421D-AS Audio 4MP HD WDR Network LXIR Bullet

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder why Dahua decided to use a different mount than the one n the photo posted on their site of this camera?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the mount I got was actually made by hikvision, I think the photo is generic on the site.. it dont come w/a mount.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to get a Dahua system that i also can use with a good PIR from example Optex. Is this camera model the best choice for around 100$ for outdoor bullet type camera and what Optex PIR sensor would match with it ? There seems to be so many to choose from. The camera will be set up looking at a small sized garden.

What app can i use in the phone to get alerts and watch the feed ? I assume i can configure a substream for mobile network use ?

The Foscam system i am using now is way to prone to false triggers with all the bugs/spiders coming close or onto the lens. The night vision leds seems to attract alot of them and its still along way to summer so the problem will probably get worse...

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to get a Dahua system that i also can use with a good PIR from example Optex. Is this camera model the best choice for around 100$ for outdoor bullet type camera and what Optex PIR sensor would match with it ? There seems to be so many to choose from. The camera will be set up looking at a small sized garden.

What app can i use in the phone to get alerts and watch the feed ? I assume i can configure a substream for mobile network use ?

The Foscam system i am using now is way to prone to false triggers with all the bugs/spiders coming close or onto the lens. The night vision leds seems to attract alot of them and its still along way to summer so the problem will probably get worse...
Just make sure you get the as model as that has the alarm i/o. I have the r model but will be getting the as on my next purchase. Dahua makes free and paid apps called gdmss. I can't help you on how to set up the pir sensor but I'm looking forward to reading the response from someone who can as I'll be doing the same.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
here is a pix of me hooking up the audio inputs, you'll want a PoE 12v splitter like this to power a PiR motion senosr.. but yeah it'll work just fine.. I have an Optex PIR hooked to my big black face dahua's alarm inputs and it works GREAT.

Attachments

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is some sexy conduit. Especially the double 45 degree joint.

Can't get anything equivalent in this part of the world. Does it have a trade name or is it something you can walk into any big box mart and buy?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've always called em dog-legs, but this is the actual item: http://www.lowes.com/pd_54895-15527-49007___?productId=1092531\

I love conduit, Ive got benders but thats so tight i'd rather just buy the dogleg.. I cant bend that well.. all the local big box stores have em, thats a standard fitting to keep the conduit flush against the wall when going into a box.

Textured Rusteoleumn rattle spray is absolutely perfect for conduit, makes it look gorgeous.. covers up any flaws, just wipe it down with alcohol or soapy water real good as the only prep.

http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7220830-Textured-Spray-12-Ounce/dp/B000QD7J7I

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here is a pix of me hooking up the audio inputs, you'll want a PoE 12v splitter like this to power a PiR motion senosr.. but yeah it'll work just fine.. I have an Optex PIR hooked to my big black face dahua's alarm inputs and it works GREAT.
Thanks, i will check out that thread also :)

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just make sure you get the as model as that has the alarm i/o. I have the r model but will be getting the as on my next purchase. Dahua makes free and paid apps called gdmss. I can't help you on how to set up the pir sensor but I'm looking forward to reading the response from someone who can as I'll be doing the same.

Forgot to reply, thanks for the answers. I will check out the app.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Dahua IPC-HFW4421D-AS 4MP LXIR Bullet

@nayr is the alarm i/o that simple too? Or is it a different jack?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
alarm io is just a couple tinned wires.. 3 specifically for this camera... IN/Out/Common..

Common + In = Alarm IN High
Common + Out = Alarm OUT High

Both floating w/no ground (COM) = Alarm Low

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ive been wanting to try that one out, its not a dual sensor as in it does not do microwave.. which is something I am keen on outdoors, but it appears to pretty damn well without it..

I am probably going to get one and put it in pet corridor mode on the wall under my camera.. it should detect anyoen approaching my front door reliably, without falsing for pets.. thats one of the next things I'll be doing.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ive been wanting to try that one out, its not a dual sensor as in it does not do microwave.. which is something I am keen on outdoors, but it appears to pretty damn well without it..

I am probably going to get one and put it in pet corridor mode on the wall under my camera.. it should detect anyoen approaching my front door reliably, without falsing for pets.. thats one of the next things I'll be doing.
Yeah it seems pretty good from the reviews, also a google search showed there to be some who uses it with IP camers with good results. I dont feel like spending the cash for a dual beam as it will cost more than the camera :/

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Dahua IPC-HFW4421D-AS 4MP LXIR Bullet

@nayr that big junction box you use is it from Lowe's or home depot?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score