Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Based on that I just pulled the trigger - there on sale right now with that seller for $160 shipped
I've had mine outdoors since about mid May. It's mounted on the east side of my home under the eave. We've had some really hot and humid days in the Chicago area this summer but it's held up well considering its an indoor cam. I'd like to get another mounted on the other side but I tend to have more rain and snow blowing around on that side.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Based on that I just pulled the trigger - there on sale right now with that seller for $160 shipped
What will be the seller you got? for $160 looks that the price went up? And it was DHL included?
@nayr, Thank you for all the info here about this camera, i may get one for my covered patio where no sun and rain will go in,so it will be good to have. My yard from left
to right about 65 ft. so it should cover.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
What will be the seller you got? for $160 looks that the price went up? And it was DHL included?
@nayr, Thank you for all the info here about this camera, i may get one for my covered patio where no sun and rain will go in,so it will be good to have. My yard from left
to right about 65 ft. so it should cover.

Thanks
Looks like the price has only gone up $2. Shipping was free via epacket and the seller marked it as shipped 4 days after placing the order. I ordered from the same seller nayr referenced in the original writeup, they also have the most reviews/positive feedback as it relates to this specific camera.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Mp-Full-HD-Network-Mini-IR-PTZ-Dome-IP-Camera-SD29204S-GN/32422514233.html

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like the price has only gone up $2. Shipping was free via epacket and the seller marked it as shipped 4 days after placing the order. I ordered from the same seller nayr referenced in the original writeup, they also have the most reviews/positive feedback as it relates to this specific camera.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c8FoavDm[/QUOTE] Thank you for that info!.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for that info!.
I picked mine up from seller Empire Technology Co. for $169 and some change with DHL shipping. Link is on page 17 if you haven't made a purchase yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr, u might have posted it earlier and I missed it but how did you mount yours? Special bracket/junction box/direct-to-soffit/etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have kinda of a mega soffit, the 2nd story above hangs out a few feet and its a horizontal surface.. so its mounted to that w/the flat ring bracket it comes with and the connector is hidden under the vinyl..

have a feeling its all going to get moved a few feet as I am getting a new front door soon and its going to shift everything.. i'll take some new pics or something.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So will this fit the SD29204S-GN?

Or i need to get this:

Is going to go under my patio cover on vertical and is going to be on the stucco wall.

Thanks

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So will this fit the SD29204S-GN?

Or i need to get this:

Is going to go under my patio cover on vertical and is going to be on the stucco wall.

Thanks
dont know about the top one, but I have their set and they work great for me. See pics I posted earlier in this thread.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Patrocle, I don't think that one will work with the Blackface if it only has three screw holes. They make a 202w,203w,and 204w. What you want is one with a lot of screw holes like this Dahua 2.jpg Don't know which model that is. I got 4 of them from Amazon at different times and one only had three holes and didn't fit the Blackface. It did work on a turret.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might have been asked already and I'll trawl through the thread now, but what auxiliary lighting do you have out front as shown in the videos on the OP? It seems to really help the night vision.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah its not total darkness, I have 3 of these on the front of my house: https://www.amazon.com/Heath-Zenith-SL-5630-BZ-D-180-Degree-Motion-Sensing/dp/B000HM7MKM

two of em are not very close and dont light up the areas seen in the video all that much, they sit on opposing ends of my living room window.. but there is one on the other side of my door that does have quite an impact.

I also have a street lamp providing a bit of lighting also..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, thanks. Really helps the night vision I have to say.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
dont know about the top one, but I have their set and they work great for me. See pics I posted earlier in this thread.
Did not want the 2 piece bracket, so that's why was looking at the 1 piece.

Patrocle, I don't think that one will work with the Blackface if it only has three screw holes. They make a 202w,203w,and 204w. What you want is one with a lot of screw holes like this View attachment 13518 Don't know which model that is. I got 4 of them from Amazon at different times and one only had three holes and didn't fit the Blackface. It did work on a turret.
I have contacted the seller and asked about it,as wanted to see what he say about it and if he does have it for sale so i can buy at the same time.

Thanks,

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Well mine arrived after 2 weeks - packaged well, just slightly dented box, no big deal. However I appear to be DOA. Connected to NVR and no activity via POE from NVR. Connected 12V 2A power directly to camera and still no activity. Finally connected power directly and camera to switch and still no activity.

Contacted seller to see what they want to do before opening dispute.

IMG_2799.JPGIMG_2802.JPGIMG_2801.JPG

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that sucks, its not the WiFi model is it? the spec sheet says WiFi has no PoE but I dont know how accurate that is

it should do a lil dance once its powered.. I wouldn't spend too much time investigating it until you hear back from the vendor.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Jim Wong was very responsive. He had me issue reset and I then used a 12v 1A power plug connected to poe injectors/spiltter. The camera fired up - I'm a bit disappointed as it was advertised as POE/built in however when connected to a POE and a POE+ switch I get nothing. Looks like I am going to have to utilize the injectors to utilize this camera. Now to see if I can get it to work via an LTS NVR.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
well thats crap, mine definitely has PoE; can you confirm if your model has WiFi built in or not?

mebe thats what was behind the low cost? a run w/out the PoE hardware to make it a few bucks cheaper than everyone else.. not cool if thats the case as the model is advertised with it.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
SON OF A BITCH!!!! You called in @nayr - let's see how Mr. Wong wants to handle this before I open a dispute...

version info.jpgoverview.jpgwifi active.jpg

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a couple of questions about this camera.

Looking at the specs it shows: 5.22" x 4.58"
Is this a correct dimension?
This 2015 article about the camera from Dahua calls it part of their , "2-inch network PTZ line".?
It looks bigger than 2" in any direction.
http://www.securityworldhotel.com/int/News/Product-News/dahua-releases-2-inch-network-mini-ptz-camera-series#.V_V44cArKcM

Is the FOV really 2.7mm (Angle of View H: 112.5° ~ 39° according to their specs)?

It says it has Pan: 0° ~ 360° Does this mean it can spin 360 indefinitely or does it mean it can cover 360 deg but then you would still have to pan back the other direction?

How far out are the IRs effective when zoomed?

@nayre, how do the images \ video compare to your "the big black face"?