Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
big thx jmcu

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Wireless dont have the required throughput to operate a NVR; and I have the knowledge to knock any wireless device off the network and prevent it from reconnecting while my mobile device is within range.. it has no place in video surveillance.

hook it up with a fiber optic cable if you want to isolate it electronically from the network, need something like these: Amazon.com: TP-Link Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, Up to 1000Mbps RJ45 to 1000M Single-Mode SC Fiber (MC210CS): Electronics

You should also have adequate insurance on your property that should cover electronics lost by lightning
Old post but do ya have a recommendation for gunshot protection?
:picfail:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to these forums. Please pardon my questions, but I have been reading as much as I can to figure this out. I have been looking at various brands and would up looking at Amcrest then found out about Dahua as the OEM. I like the Dahua NVR 4216 and 5216, but am confused. I see International versions of the NVR at c sidersbly less than the US model numbers. Are the international versions of the N42B3P the same and the US? Will I be able to,update the firmware easily or need to use backdoor or none official downloads?

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , when I purchasing NVR, do you put there / is there latest available firmware? Or I need to upgrade on my own?
If it is not with latest firmware, what is the version on board? Is it required to do upgrade?

Andl last question: is this NVR working correctly with Chinesee cameras - C-A? And additionally is this nvr able also record from the low-end wifi cams which have onvif?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , when I purchasing NVR, do you put there / is there latest available firmware? Or I need to upgrade on my own?
If it is not with latest firmware, what is the version on board? Is it required to do upgrade?

Andl last question: is this NVR working correctly with Chinesee cameras - C-A? And additionally is this nvr able also record from the low-end wifi cams which have onvif?
For the firmware we normally send with the latest new one, and sometimes i put the latest new firmware on the forum.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So does that mean there is no way to update the firmware if you do not post it here?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to these forums. Please pardon my questions, but I have been reading as much as I can to figure this out. I have been looking at various brands and would up looking at Amcrest then found out about Dahua as the OEM. I like the Dahua NVR 4216 and 5216, but am confused. I see International versions of the NVR at c sidersbly less than the US model numbers. Are the international versions of the N42B3P the same and the US? Will I be able to,update the firmware easily or need to use backdoor or none official downloads?
Buy the International versions, they are the same. They are up-gradable. But don't upgrade unless you are having a problem.
You can always find the firmware on Dahua's International site.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, just building my cam list and going with @EMPIRETECANDY, he is very responsive. Is anyone uses the non-POE NVR5216-4KS2 version with non Dahua cameras? I know Amcrest is Dahua OEMed, but may mix some Dahua, Amcrest and Reoloink (some places I care elss about, but want cheap coverage).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, just building my cam list and going with @EMPIRETECANDY, he is very responsive. Is anyone uses the non-POE NVR5216-4KS2 version with non Dahua cameras? I know Amcrest is Dahua OEMed, but may mix some Dahua, Amcrest and Reoloink (some places I care elss about, but want cheap coverage).
Avoid Reolink.
It's always best to keep the NVR and cams the same brand.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will the Amcrest's at least work easily? I already picked up a few to test with placement and such.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received my NVR5216 from Empire Tech today, anyone else seem to have scratches on the NVR cover that were obviously touched up. Makes me a tad skeptical about this now and I had just ordered $1200 worth of cameras on their way....

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine came looking brand new. Sorry to hear yours looks that way. I’d get in contact with Andy. I know he’ll make it right.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I may email him, one I open it and put my drive in it tomorrow. 2 very obvious scratches in the top cover that were gone over with black touch up.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I used this NVR with Hikvision cameras. The video recorded fine but the motion detection and IVS functions didn't work. Not worth mixing brands IMO. A rebranded Dahua camera might work just fine. It' still a risk.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of it?
Here you go, 3 on the top cover in different places. Nothing major, but noticeable and made me think this might be used or something. Definitely has me suspicious especially since these are gray market to begin with and I was hesitant to order direct from Hong Kong. I have not powered it up yet as my drive does not come until later today.

nvr5216-2.jpg nvr5216-3.jpg nvr5216-1.jpg

Attachments

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I powered it up and got the wizard. Configured the NVR, now just to get my HDD and a camera set up.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well Andy responded to my email that it is a new NVR and he suspects it happened in shipping, which is bunk since is touched up, but at least it works fine. I will now remain very suspicious of these goods going forward. The unit was in a sealed plastic bag so not sure how or when it happened. The unit did have firmware from September, which I upgraded to the latest Dahua version without issue. Now if my darn drive would show up I can get some testing done with my 1 Amcrest camera while I wait for my other cameras from Andy.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well Andy responded to my email that it is a new NVR and he suspects it happened in shipping, which is bunk since is touched up, but at least it works fine. I will now remain very suspicious of these goods going forward. The unit was in a sealed plastic bag so not sure how or when it happened. The unit did have firmware from September, which I upgraded to the latest Dahua version without issue. Now if my darn drive would show up I can get some testing done with my 1 Amcrest camera while I wait for my other cameras from Andy.
I don't believe you have anything to worry about, you have to remember there is a huge language barrier when speaking/emailing with Andy. He does misunderstand at times.
Hundreds of IPcam talk members have ordered from Empiretech without issue.
It was scratched at the factory, they touched it up. No biggy.