Dahua NVR Reboots during the day

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Occasionally I see my Dahua NVR rebooting at odd times. I have it scheduled for "maintenance" at 2:00am on Tuesdays. Today it rebooted at 4:26 as well.

Time:2017-03-28 16:26:49
Type:Shutdown
Contents:
Shutdown Time: 17-03-28 16:23:06

Type:Boot up
Contents:
Reboot Symbol: 0x06f

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine too!! Same reboot flag and everything. My log always shows an IVS event seconds before it.

I reported it to @EMPIRETECANDY. Hoping his Dahua support folks can help figure it out!

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cool! I'll be curious to see what he reports.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Occasionally I see my Dahua NVR rebooting at odd times. I have it scheduled for "maintenance" at 2:00am on Tuesdays. Today it rebooted at 4:26 as well.

Type:Shutdown
Contents:
Shutdown Time: 17-03-28 16:23:06

Type:Boot up
Contents:
Reboot Symbol: 0x06f

Too bad this thing cuts off at 05 lol Troubleshoot/NVR/Errors Found In Log - Dahua Wiki

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These troubleshooting steps are priceless:
3. Button power is not enough, then add more button power.
6. If Hardware malfunction then replace hardware.
Haha.. I sure hope I have enough button power!

We'll see what Andy says about this.

I will look into accessing the NVR via SSH or telnet to see if perhaps there are more useful logs, or perhaps some header files or source I could poke at to find out what the error code means.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think Andy flew back from Dahua this AM (his time) and has a bad cold, so I wasn't going to bug him for a bit.

Last edited:

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think Andy's flew back from Dahua this AM (his time) and has a bad cold, so I wasn't going to bug him for a bit.
I'm not super concerned about it at the moment. I'm sure he'll look into it.. In the meantime I'll order some SD cards to put in some of the more critical cameras so that I have a backup source of video if required.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I disabled the NVR recording IVS events yesterday, just to see if that would help with anything.

My time line was all green today (no orange IVS events in it at all), but the NVR still rebooted at 15:28:20 (with the 0x06f symbol). This was right after an IVS event.

I don't want to disable IVS entirely -- I need it. Right now it only serves to trigger push alerts on iDMSS Plus.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.00.51 PM.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you guys have built in PoE or external? if its external how hot is your power brick getting?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you can find another 12v power brick for it; those things seem like the weakest link on stablity.. Since mine has internal PoE it came with alot higher quality internal PSU than the old brick that my non-poe nvr had.. If everyone with this reboot issue is using external bricks then that might be a good indication of the suspect.

Usually Color day video is higher bitrate and it could add additional load to a NVR thats not doing anything with powering the cameras.. so if this rebooting is in the day but not at night then overheating is what I'm thinking.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
if you can find another 12v power brick for it; those things seem like the weakest link on stablity..
I'll be the guinea pig. I have swapped out the supplied 12v power brick with the one from my old DVR. It's 5A vs the 4A supplied, which won't really matter. Let's see how this goes.

Usually Color day video is higher bitrate and it could add additional load to a NVR thats not doing anything with powering the cameras..
I understand the point you make and if this is the case it must be a gradual degradation as it had been working flawlessly day in night out for over a month.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
do you guys have built in PoE or external? if its external how hot is your power brick getting?
I'm using external POE. The power brick is not really all that warm. It is rebooting during the day.

I will have to look at hooking it up to my kill-a-watt meter to see if its drawing close to the max the power supply is rated at. That seems like a possible problem.

Last edited:

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome, would love to have some thermal in my surveillance setup lol.
It comes in handy quite a bit for diagnosing components or even things around the house, it's amazing to be able to see what's otherwise invisible. CCTV Thermal would be next level but you gotta draw the line somewhere :winktongue:.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It comes in handy quite a bit for diagnosing components or even things around the house, it's amazing to be able to see what's otherwise invisible. CCTV Thermal would be next level but you gotta draw the line somewhere :winktongue:.
NEVER limit yourself! There is a dude floating around here who has a fancy thermal cam for his surveillance, forgot his name, hes got some vids on youtube though.