Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

subkelvin

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you guys solved the IVS? I'm interested in buying this or the 4216 model, beside the network improvement to 320Mbps the IVS would be the plus to choosing this one.

Reaction score
Does @EMPIRETECANDY sell this NVR without the POE? Or are we sourcing this NVR elsewhere? I am hoping to place an order in a week or so, and hope to include one of these.
Yup. Just got one from him last Monday. I am looking to get updated firmware and can't seem to find it. What came on mine is from July 2016. Anyone know if that's the newest version?

Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and more

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set em up on the camera directly with either IE (not edge) or Safari

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I have access via MSIE but now cannot draw within the IVS camera window.

upload_2017-3-15_14-40-51.png

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured that would work but I'm using the Dahua NVR so SmartPSS is not at option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SmartPSS loads on a PC, or in a VM on a Mac. You can then access the cams or NVR, from SmartPSS. But the best way to access settings on a Cam, is directly connecting to it.
This 4 camera installation is NVR only. With the replies, I'm appears the only way to set up IVS is through a connection to a PC via MSIE or SmartPSS. Darn it.

Reaction score
This 4 camera installation is NVR only. With the replies, I'm appears the only way to set up IVS is through a connection to a PC via MSIE or SmartPSS. Darn it.

So, it sounds like you are connecting each cam directly to a POE port on the NVR. If that is the case, then you can connect either a PC or laptop to one of the remaining POE ports on the NVR, and connect to each cam (via IP) from there.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you are connecting each cam directly to a POE port on the NVR. If that is the case, then you can connect either a PC or laptop to one of the remaining POE ports on the NVR, and connect to each cam (via IP) from there.
Yeah I'm familiar with that setup. This is a "turnkey" system so after installation we are walking away. I had hoped the NVR would be capable of addressing the IVS features and we would teach the end user on how to adjust.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I'm familiar with that setup. This is a "turnkey" system so after installation we are walking away. I had hoped the NVR would be capable of addressing the IVS features and we would teach the end user on how to adjust.

And I see from the Initial Post for this thread IVS is not accessible via the NVR. Thanks for everyone help.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
And I see from the Initial Post for this thread IVS is not accessible via the NVR. Thanks for everyone help.
Not at the present time, we hope that will be addressed in future firmware.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, great forum and info. I'm bought and am learning the NVR based menu system for the Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2 in an effort to replace or recommend over the FLIR / Lorex systems (rebranded Dahua) I've installed. The FLIR / Lorex systems seem to be spot on when it involves email setup, notifications, and mobile app UI. I understand FLIR / Lorex obviously install their own UI but the 5216 as a base system seems 'rough on the edges'.

With the unmatched nighttime capabilities of the Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z), I want to start promoting the Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2 with Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) as a turnkey home video surveillance solution.

Keep up the good work.