Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Damn, there comes a new model which I would have chosen if i knew it a few weeks before... NVR5224-24P-4KS2 is rack mountable, for the guys who are interested in rack mounting like me... until now I could not find any info about the overall PoE power budget. But looks very nice to me... maybe @EMPIRETECANDY could get a price and some more info for this model...
Booked 2 today I also just find it on dahua website. Lol. Price I haven't checked .

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How many cameras do you have? I thought 16 was an overkill...
Actually I'm testing around with seven cameras. Just ordered another nine from @EMPIRETECANDY. But this wouldn't be the end. but for this month the end of money I'll spend for toys. Will see how the stuff does after holidays in mid June and will see how much budget is left after two week holidays in the Spanish sun :p

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Recently received my nvr5216-4ks2 from Andy and this thread has me a little concerned with the "blackouts". I probably won't get around to installing everything for at least a couple more weeks, hopefully we'll have a resolution by then.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems I've got a workaround for me with the IVS gaps.
Maybe, if I find some time, I'll crop a clip tomorrow.
For short: I've turned off record schedule for IVS and scheduled snapshots for IVS. So I only have regular video and could search for events in the snapshots. If there something interesting I could watch the record for the specific time. But I'm still fighting with the time problems, maybe caused by DST.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I hope this might be an ineresting workaround for the guys who want to use IVS and don't wanna have gaps in the important moment the IVS event occurs like me and @aristobrat .
Because it seems the gap is forced by the way the Dahua NVR records the IVS events. Instead of making a second file for the IVS event, it stops the regular record, starts an IVS record and when the event is over it starts a regular record again. While doing this the gap of 2-3 seconds seems to appear.
So my idea was preventing the NVR to make a new file and keep regular recording. Of course i wanna know when IVS events did occur and so i decided to do snapshots when IVS is triggered.
In the NVR WebUI it is not that much fun to find the pictures in the playback, because they are listed neither in the timeline nor in the file list. You have to go to "File List" -> "More" and the select "Pic" for the Type in the "Download by File" tab.
iexplore_2017-05-18_11-18-17.png

Within SmartPSS its easier with the Playback. You can switch between "Record" and "Picture" in the left pane and expand the "File List" with the little arrow on the right. So you can quickly watch evidence for interesting pictures and then switch back to record and watch the corresponding record from the timeline.
SmartPSS_2017-05-18_11-21-30.jpg

I'm hoping Dahua will fix the issue with the IVS recording in any way. For me it would be the best solution if a second file is recorded simultaneously. But I would also be happy if it works without gaps in any way.

This is how my IVS Events look now, without gaps. Mounted this cam for testing purposes only...

Last edited:

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry @Crazykiller probably a silly question. The screen shot above from your NVR? My PLAYBACK tab does not have the "Download by time" or "Watermark" tabs and I am running the latest software from the Dahua site. Are you running a different firmware?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry @Crazykiller probably a silly question. The screen shot above from your NVR? My PLAYBACK tab does not have the "Download by time" or "Watermark" tabs and I am running the latest software from the Dahua site. Are you running a different firmware?
Did you follow the steps mentioned above? File list -> More ? Was also tricky for me to find the pictures
The firmware I got is the DH from 2016-07-21.
On the NVR directly it's easier to watch pictures. The WebUI is not the non plus ultra here. SmartPSS does a better job here if you want it from remote.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you follow the steps mentioned above? File list -> More ? Was also tricky for me to find the pictures
The firmware I got is the DH from 2016-07-21.
On the NVR directly it's easier to watch pictures. The WebUI is not the non plus ultra here. SmartPSS does a better job here if you want it from remote.
Thanks. Been staring at this screen for too many hours. I really wish I had read and digested info in this and @Tygunn 's thread more thoroughly before buying a 5216. I thought only a small number of users were affected and didn't comprehend how frustrating these units are to configure so they do what it says on the tin. I bet most users just give up on getting IVS to work as it should.

Reaction score
I've a Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 and a dvr-ibri16 hdcvi with 13 hdcvi camera.
Someone can help me?
I want if is possibile to stream by LAN to nvr from dvr, and record.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. Been staring at this screen for too many hours. I really wish I had read and digested info in this and @Tygunn 's thread more thoroughly before buying a 5216. I thought only a small number of users were affected and didn't comprehend how frustrating these units are to configure so they do what it says on the tin. I bet most users just give up on getting IVS to work as it should.
Yeah, its definitely a frustrating endeavor to set the 5216 up. I found I was second guessing myself at every step. "Did I accidentally forget to check that checkbox?" "Did I leave without hitting Save/Apply?" However, once it is set up you shouldn't have to do it again (hopefully). I should have positioned my NVR where it was more easily accessible with a monitor. I find I use a combination of SmartPSS, Chrome and IE. All the UIs have their own little quirks and things they do well.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Tygunn Thanks mate for all your effort in pulling the debug info from console. Much appreciated.

Have loaded the new firmware and hasn't rebooted yet. Hey, it has only been 25 minutes but that is an improvement on what have been witnessing.

Have started from scratch so many times, that I cannot remember what I changed to lose the only channel that was reporting IVS events in the playback timeline 4 hours ago. :p

If Dahua gave me a sort of usable manual for the cams and NVR I would sit quietly for days working stuff out for my self but bloody trial and error is shitting me to tears.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That user manual is aaaaaaalmost useless. When the first 160 pages are just front views, rear views, and HD installation for every recorder they have ever made you know you are in trouble. Then when you finally get down to where it is trying to show you how to do things, all of the screen shots have different information or it's on a different screen, or doesn't exist. Sheez.

Wayne

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everybody

Where can i download the latest firmware for the dahua 5216-4ks2 ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Have you spoken to whomever sold you that combination of gear?
Yes before sold me the nvr he spoken with dahua's support and they said that is possible to stream and record by LAN.
I tried a lot of time to contact the support in my country but they never reply to me.
Someone know how to do for my problem??

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks you for the link
As i see, the latest firmware for the dahua 5216-4ks2 is DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.210.0002.2.R.20160721

Nothing new ?

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the link

I read some comments regarding this beta version but it seems it is not resolving the IVS issue, hope Dahua ingeneer will fix that soon

Can we add to this latest firmware the upgrade to get international language support (CONFIG_General_EngSpnFrn_General_WebEngSpnFrn_General_DAHUADDNS_NVR5x-4k_V3.210.0002.0.R.160418.zip) or maybe it needs another one ?

Regards