Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Gabe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ipcamtalk members,

I just got a new 5216-4KS2 off aliexpress and I've been reading lots of posts here related to this device.

So here's my problem,

First, I have my 5216-4KS2 hooked up to my living room TV via HDMI. After the NVR has been running for a while and I try to activate PTZ functionality on one of my cameras the login requirement pops up. I normally wouldn't care about this since I'd be viewing my cameras from a PC but for my living room this is a bit inconvenient.

I've read on some threads about changing the 'auto logoff' setting to 0 but my NVR interface doesn't offer that setting. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean. I've already upgraded to the latest firmware so I'm thinking maybe Dahua has removed this option for security purposes.

Any idea of what can be done to fix this?

Thank you for your help

Attachments

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Neither. When an event is detected, the 24x7 file is closed and a new file created. When the event time frame is finished, that file is closed and a new 24x7 file is created. I sure would not have done it that way if I were doing it.
The new file has a benefit. You could theoretically set another encoding for MD and have these events recorded with higher resolution, bitrate, frames etc.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Storage settings are user selectable. If you are not using point of sale or alarm aspects you can turn those off. Or, leave them on since it does not seem to impact anything other than scheduling. The orange "holiday" line is a good example.
The orange isn’t holiday, it’s IVS. It’s configured through NVRs OSD.
@toolazyforalogin that’s the reason why I’ve got no MD, because I only use IVS and Alarms to trigger…

Last edited:

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The orange isn’t holiday, it’s IVS. It’s configured through NVRs OSD.
@toolazyforalogin that’s the reason why I’ve got no MD, because I only use IVS and Alarms to trigger…
Yes, IVS is orange for events. The quoted segment was for scheduling. A specific holiday schedule is noted as orange on my NVR. Perhaps different firmware versions use different color schemes...

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, IVS is orange for events. The quoted segment was for scheduling. A specific holiday schedule is noted as orange on my NVR. Perhaps different firmware versions use different color schemes...
Actually I’ve got System Version:3.215.0000000.3, Build Date: 2017-12-11, but I’ve got it like this since a few versions (about a year or so).
With the WebUI it’s not configurable
IMG_0860.JPG

With the OSD IVS is available.
IMG_0861.JPG

Gabe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ipcamtalk members,

I just got a new 5216-4KS2 off aliexpress and I've been reading lots of posts here related to this device.

So here's my problem,

First, I have my 5216-4KS2 hooked up to my living room TV via HDMI. After the NVR has been running for a while and I try to activate PTZ functionality on one of my cameras the login requirement pops up. I normally wouldn't care about this since I'd be viewing my cameras from a PC but for my living room this is a bit inconvenient.

I've read on some threads about changing the 'auto logoff' setting to 0 but my NVR interface doesn't offer that setting. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean. I've already upgraded to the latest firmware so I'm thinking maybe Dahua has removed this option for security purposes.

Any idea of what can be done to fix this?

Thank you for your help
Well I "fixed" my "problem"...:brainfart:

I took for granted that the NVR's TV interface lists different options than the PC's browser interface.

Turns out there is a option for 'auto logoff' on the TV interface, so I've set that to 0. Now hopefully this will make a difference as I've read that some people are still having issues even after making this change.

guppie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've searched but cant figure out what is going on.

I was using a Qsee QT878 which is a rebranded Dahua 2108. Everything was working fine, but I hit the bandwith limit after adding extra cameras - Qsee QTN8086BA 8MP.

So I just upgraded to a Dahua 5216 non POE and added an external POE switch. The new 5216 is displaying the ip addresses of the cameras with a warning "the login return time is up". No video is displayed from any of the cameras.

I downloaded the Qsee ip tool - it identifies all of the cameras with their names and ip addresses.

I'm not sure what to do??

Thanks!

guppie

n3wb
Reaction score
Good news, it only took 6 hours but I finally figured out how to get video.
FYI in case anyone else runs into this:

Step 1) hook all the cameras up to the old nvr, change old nvr password to match new nvr (new one wouldnt accept old simple password)
Im not sure if step one was needed but a couple of cameras came on for a second after this

step 2) hook all cameras back up to new nvr, change camera passwords to default 123456
this got some of the cameras functioning

step 3) go to encoding and "apply" settings.
this got all of the cameras working

whew.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I am currently running a V7 MPEG24S 24-port POE+ Managed switch. It is fan cooled, pretty noisy, and I actually don't recommend it if you plan on running a camera with power requirements at the high end of AT+ requirements. It would not power the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N Positioning PTZ recently installed. However, the old 8 port AT+ TP-LINK TL-SG1008PE would power it fine, even with all the ports powering other cameras.

In my mind, building the switch into the NVR, is just not a great idea with too many limitations. An external POE+ switch is alot more flexible, especially with where it can be placed.
This nvr can power the PTZ up no problem. normally only Hi-poe PTZ have to use special device to power up.

guppie

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of questions with non poe 5216:

1) Bitrates: When I try to change cameras to a higher VBR it keeps going back to 6000 CBR. Also, they will not accept color corrections, I can put settings anywhere and the cameras look the same.
2) How do you log into ip cameras directly now? I thought I may be able to set the cameras this way, but I keep getting a npapi error :(

I am using Qsee cameras which I believe are re-branded Dahuas.
In the camera setup page, I didn't see Qsee cameras or Dahuas (funny Dahua cameras arent listed in a Dahua NVR) so I have them set as ONVIF.

Thanks.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A couple of questions with non poe 5216:

1) Bitrates: When I try to change cameras to a higher VBR it keeps going back to 6000 CBR. Also, they will not accept color corrections, I can put settings anywhere and the cameras look the same.
2) How do you log into ip cameras directly now? I thought I may be able to set the cameras this way, but I keep getting a npapi error :(

I am using Qsee cameras which I believe are re-branded Dahuas.
In the camera setup page, I didn't see Qsee cameras or Dahuas (funny Dahua cameras arent listed in a Dahua NVR) so I have them set as ONVIF.

Thanks.
Maybe your cams don’t understand what the NVR want to „tell“ them. You could try to set the bitrate directly in the cam. With the none PoE version you should be able to access your cams like before.
Dahua cams are recognized and listed as “private” in their NVR.

TLadd

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried to do some research and want to use a NVR for my Dahua cameras as an all in one solution. Is the
NVR5216-16P-4KS2 still the "best" consumer grade NVR from dahua? I do got a couple of cisco POE switches, but it doesnt seem to be much price difference between the POE and non POE versions - any disadvatage to buy the POE version.

Anything else I should be aware of before buying?

New here and also curious about the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 still being the "best". Looking at dahuasecurity.com it looks like they have new equipment. I was curious if there are any advantages to the newer NVRS such as updated firmware, interface, processor. Its hard to cross compare their features. As for me I cant see myself needing more than 16 cameras indoor and outdoor locations with maybe 1 PTZ. Just wanted to throw that out there in case that alters the response.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a great NVR, but I just upgraded the firmware to the latest Version:3.215.0000000.3, Build Date: 2017-12-11 due to 1 camera would not show video on WEB Service (NACL Web Plug-in) Preview Tab only. I could view all cameras on NVR monitor and IDMS App. After upgrading the firmware now I cant view any cameras on WEB Service (NACL Web Plug-in) Preview Tab. Strange part is if I click on Encode and tab Overlay the cameras show up just fine. :idk:
Also if I were to load the camera into the WEB Service (NACL Web Plug-in) they show up just fine. I am using Chrome (NACL Web Plug-in)
Any thoughts? I have gone through every setting:banghead:

Drew

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As much as I hate to use IE I find the Dahua Web interface works far better with IE and I gave up on the Chrome version.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I cant use IE it only allows Microsoft Edge which is IE but when i plug in the ip address it forces me to use Chrome plugin

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm I use Windows 10 and use IE without issue and never use Edge as it is awful. Do you have a different system to try?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed that when I am viewing under Setup tab that it shows A Blue e under web browser maybe that is the issue with the new firmware.