Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the non-poe 5232-4KS2, you can not even tell it is on.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'll think about this next time. Right now, my TV stand doesn't have a cabinet, it's open. I like that because it makes it easy to access the cables in the back, for any devices.

But, if I ever change furniture, I'll think about getting something with a cabinet for the NVR. I would have to see the overall design, and see if it can fit the devices that I want it to.
Keep in mind that Dahua doesn't make these for everyday homes. These are made for business's.
Replace the fans, or move it to a closet.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a closet to accommodate the NVR.

Plus I just got it installed 2 days ago, and the wiring for all of the Ethernet cables goes right to where the NVR is. And I like the location, right next to the downstairs TV.

From reading right now, it seems like fans on NVRs go out frequently. Maybe I'll wait until mine goes out, to replace it.

What model is the current fan in the 5416, and what is the measurement of its speed?

How do I know if this fan, for example, would be quieter?

https://www.amazon.com/Heatsink-DaHua-Camera-motherboard-Cooler/dp/B075D5SK1R#customerReviews

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no noise silent on POE switch: POE 4 port switches UNIPOE PM3006FSN of course from EMPIRETECANDY

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no noise silent on POE switch: POE 4 port switches UNIPOE PM3006FSN of course from EMPIRETECANDY
Thanks. It's something for me to think about next time.

I do like the physical set up I have, as in where my router/modem/switch is located, and where my NVR and TV are located.

And I just bought a non POE switch a few weeks ago (because I knew my NVR had POE switches inside). I wouldn't want to make it useless so quickly.

Maybe I get used to the noise.

Or maybe I try a quieter fan, if I need to replace it in the future.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are the fans in these Dahua NVRs variable speed fans? So if it's cooler, will it blow at a slower speed?

Also, what does everyone think of the fan I linked to in #883? Will that be quieter, and if so, how can one tell?

I'm kind of getting used to the noise. It's not too different from when my PC is on. It's just that when my PC goes into sleep mode, then I'm used to there being some quiet.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If these help with noise, it would be something I consider for next time. Right now, everything works so I don't want to make major changes.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The right solution is to replace the fan or to buy a non Poe NVR
Thanks. How do know what the current fan speed is, and what an alternative fan's speed is?

For example, I have a temperature controller for my outdoor smoker. The fan for that temperature controller is 6.5 CFM.

Is there any similar rating for the NVR fan?

And is something like this slower? Or is there not enough information to make that determination?

https://www.amazon.com/Heatsink-DaHua-Camera-motherboard-Cooler/dp/B075D5SK1R/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=B075D5SK1R&linkCode=w61&imprToken=3fLj6L5jDO0BcyvAdbIGbw&slotNum=0#customerReviews

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. How do know what the current fan speed is, and what an alternative fan's speed is?

For example, I have a temperature controller for my outdoor smoker. The fan for that temperature controller is 6.5 CFM.

Is there any similar rating for the NVR fan?

And is something like this slower? Or is there not enough information to make that determination?

https://www.amazon.com/Heatsink-DaHua-Camera-motherboard-Cooler/dp/B075D5SK1R/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=B075D5SK1R&linkCode=w61&imprToken=3fLj6L5jDO0BcyvAdbIGbw&slotNum=0#customerReviews
I have never done it myself, I dont use NVR's. There are many threads discussing swapping fans, NVR's with variable fan speeds and NVR's with no poe...

Reaction score
Just ordered a NVR5216-16P-4KS2E NVR. I have read on this forum that the fans in this latest model POE version are both 12v. Can someone open their's up and give me the dimensions/specs or make/model of the oem fans installed. I'd like to make sure whatever I replace them with is the correct size.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Just ordered a NVR5216-16P-4KS2E NVR. I have read on this forum that the fans in this latest model POE version are both 12v. Can someone open their's up and give me the dimensions/specs or make/model of the oem fans installed. I'd like to make sure whatever I replace them with is the correct size.
As I don't know which version/revision/model I got, I doubt it will help to give you specs because your version/revision/model might differ. Then you're stuck with an odd fan ;-) I suggest you wait until reception, if ordered through @EMPIRETECANDY your stuff will arrive very soon!

Reaction score
As I don't know which version/revision/model I got, I doubt it will help to give you specs because your version/revision/model might differ. Then you're stuck with an odd fan ;-) I suggest you wait until reception, if ordered through @EMPIRETECANDY your stuff will arrive very soon!
I will wait and post the details when it arrives. I did order the NVR from @EMPIRETECANDY along with 9 cameras, it all should be here on Monday ...just being a little impatient.

Reaction score
Updated:

My NVR5216-16P-4KS2E arrived today and here are the specs on the 2 fans installed:

Factory Power Supply Fan: Delta Model EFB0412HHD is a 40x40x20 12v fan, 2pin connector - .1A / 1.2W / 8200RPM / 9.43CFM / 30.5dB
Factory Case Fan: Sunon EF40101B1-1Q08C-S99 is a 40x40x10 12v fan, 4 pin connector - could not find full specs

Below is the specs on the replacement power supply fan model I've seen mentioned some here were using:
Natua NF-A4x20 FLX is a 40x40x20 12v fan - .05A / .6W / 5000RPM / 5.53CFM / 14.9dB - Amazon $14.99 (you will need to modify the 3-pin connector to a 2-pin connector, parts included for this)

So compared to the factory power supply fan the above Natua fan uses about 1/2 the power and produces about 1/2 the decibels but also moves about 40% less air. Pretty sure that may not be an acceptable trade-off, especially if there is a warranty still in play. It appears to be about the closest you are going to get spec wise for a "quiet fan" though for the power supply. The louder of the two factory fans in the NVR seems to be the case fan though, if only replacing one fan I would recommend it be the case fan you replace.

The 10mm Natua fan (same size as case fan) specs are:
Natua NF-A4x10 PWM is a 40x40x10 12v fan, 4 pin connector - .04A / .48W / 5000RPM / 5.24CFM / 17.9dB - Amazon $13.95

NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-01.jpg NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-02.jpg NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-03.jpg NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-04.jpg

Last edited:

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My NVR5216-16P-4KS2E arrived today and here are the specs on the 2 fans installed:

Factory Power Supply Fan: Delta Model EFB0412HHD is a 40x40x20 12v fan, 2pin connector - .1A / 1.2W / 8200RPM / 9.43CFM / 30.5dB
Factory Case Fan: Sunon EF40101B1-1Q08C-S99 is a 40x40x10 12v fan, 4 pin connector - could not find full specs

Below is the specs on the replacement power supply fan model I've seen mentioned some here were using:
Natua NF-A4x20 FLX is a 40x40x20 12v fan - .05A / .6W / 5000RPM / 5.53CFM / 14.9dB - Amazon $14.99

So compared to the factory power supply fan the above Natua fan uses about 1/2 the power and produces about 1/2 the decibels but also moves about 40% less air. Pretty sure that may not be an acceptable trade-off, especially if there is a warranty still in play. It appears to be about the closest you are going to get spec wise for a "quiet fan" though.

The 10mm Natua fan (same size as case fan) specs are:
Natua NF-A4x10 FLX is a 40x40x10 12v fan - .05A / .6W / 4500RPM / 4.83CFM / 17.9dB - Amazon $13.95

View attachment 34048 View attachment 34049 View attachment 34050 View attachment 34051
Thank you very much for this post. Do you think the 5416-16P-4KS2E also uses the same fan?

Is it possible to get a variable speed fan? One that blows more when it's hotter, and less when it's colder?

For example, my temperature controller for my smoker is a variable speed fan. Depending on how close the temperature is to my desired temperature, it will blow at different speeds. If it's well below the desired temperature, it will blow at full speed.

Are you going to make the switch?