Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My NVR just saves whatever the camera sends it via RTSP; there are no settings on the NVR.. it takes whatever I put into the camera, I'm recording main stream.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where do you have to setup IVS tripwire and tracking NVR or WebUI?
There is an issue at present which doesn't allow you to setup IVS on the NVR or WebUI. Recommended way is to go into each camera and set up your rules there, then go into your NVR and configure it to record smart events.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is an issue at present which doesn't allow you to setup IVS on the NVR or WebUI. Recommended way is to go into each camera and set up your rules there, then go into your NVR and configure it to record smart events.
Where is the smart events option of the NVR?

Last edited:

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Deleted - SOLVED

The dropped frames aren't tied directly to IVS triggers. I say thing because the same thing happens to me on a hardwired external trigger. I think the firmware is messing up when it closes the old file and opens a new one on a trigger. If I'm right, the lost frames should happen on motion events, too.
I am getting the dropped frames on motion events, also.

Last edited:

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Three reboots today that I can't explain, all with "Reboot Symbol: 0x06f". Not having any luck with Google figuring out what that means.

View attachment 16620
I checked the log for my NVR last night since I had to log in and shut down to add a 2nd hard drive. The only reboot in the logs was from 2weeks ago when I first set it up. I have the non-Poe version.

ekh321

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my NVR5216 non POE today! Reading the little "Quick Start Guide" it came with it says to use 7200rpm HDD. I ordered the 4TB WD Purple which says 5400rpm that everyone recommends. No issues?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
5400RPM is perfectly fine, IMHO its better because of the lower power consumption.. there's no way in hell your NVR is going to come close to maxing out the throughput of a 5400RPM drive, let alone a 7200RPM.. Were talking like 6-8Mbps per camera and these disks can do >1200Mbps easily, you'll run out of useful capacity before you get enough cameras on it to saturate its capabilities.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have my NVR set to record continuously and checked the icon to Motion and IVS but I go to playback it only show green bars. It won't show where motion or IVS options were triggered. Is there a way to show those alerts in the playback? Below are the setting I have set.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the cameras themselves, do you have the "record" box checked on the Motion and IVS sections?

Kells

n3wb
Reaction score
Been lurking for a while now, set up an account because this forum is awesome, and i'm going to purchase the same nvr + external poe per advice... I have a question for you guys with this setup.. On those HDW4421C Eyeball cams with the mic built in, will this NVR also record the audio from them?
Thanks!

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been lurking for a while now, set up an account because this forum is awesome, and i'm going to purchase the same nvr + external poe per advice... I have a question for you guys with this setup.. On those HDW4421C Eyeball cams with the mic built in, will this NVR also record the audio from them?
Thanks!
I ordered one today, without PoE, Aliexpress has some kind of celebration, got mine for 195€ which is 210$
Great day!

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks!
I thought audio is not worth it. It was switched on with my new cam´s. It is really great, very sensitive!

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the camera, in Storage > Schedules (that's from memory, hopefully correct), are Motion and IVS setup there 24/7 (like how they're setup on the NVR in the pic you posted above)?

These are the settings