Dahua NVR_4xxx new firmware doesn't support IVS, or what?

Jannick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey gyes

Hope you can help me out here.
I have a NVR4204 i just updated the firmware on from dahuas website. It went perfect until i didnt got messages for my tripwires anymore, now i cant find the IVS settings, i guess they removed it in the new firmware, no idea why tho?

Well i am looking for a firmware to downgrade it again, searched google for ours and didnt find anything, so i hope one of you maybe have a firmware?

This is the one i have now with no IVS: DH_NVR4xxx_Eng_P_V3.203.0000.0.R.20170612

Sry my english, hope you can help.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was hoping to see an answer to this as well. I had an older firmware on my 4104p, and that supported IVS, but upon upgrading to the newer ones (which had many more benefits) it lost this capability.

Jannick

n3wb
Reaction score
I contacted Dahua and just got an answer, it’s removed from the new firmware and it’s NOT possible to enable it. They removed it of Security reasons they said.
It was possible to downgrade to an older version to get it back, but they of course didnt recommend it. I then asked for that donwgrade firmware, and now waiting to hear from Them again.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I contacted Dahua and just got an answer, it’s removed from the new firmware and it’s NOT possible to enable it. They removed it of Security reasons they said.
It was possible to downgrade to an older version to get it back, but they of course didnt recommend it. I then asked for that donwgrade firmware, and now waiting to hear from Them again.
Thanks Jannick!

Also, seeing that you're fairly new to posting here I wanted to welcome you and just in case, share some notes with you:

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Reaction score
Got a NVR4108p here and also looking for a best firmware to use in US. Noticed the latest firmware mentioned here only supports PAL and started looking for older firmware. Found the DH_NVR4xxx_Eng_P_V3.202.0000.1.R.20170321 on the official site here but not sure if it has IVS that everyone is looking for. Any pointers from anyone re: NTSC supported firmware? Thanks in advance.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Anything new on this?

2 brand new 4208-8P-4K's on the way from Andy. Definately need NTSC and sure was counting on IVS. I coulda sworn IVS was a standard feature on all NVR/DVr's now? I even have it on latest firmware on a couple of lower end DVR's.....:idk:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW the security reasoning sounds like BS to me...
I believe it is, I did the same thing and upgraded and lost IVS and now I cannot downgrade either, I think I posted this in another thread and so far NO beans on the downgrade, as far as security, I just got in a 24 channel POE NVR and it has stock IVS and the firmware is dated I think Sept Of 2017.
i did a little review here---> New Dahua 24 Channel NVR(POE) New security features(N54ANP)

Jannick

n3wb
Reaction score
Well mine had IVS but dissapeared when upgraded, i did sent Andy an mail and asked for an older upgrade file but never heard back about that.

I probably tried 10 different downgrade files but none of Them was able to install.

So tired of my motion detention false alarms.