Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231RN-Z not working :(

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could it just be a very buggy firmware that we all have (you guys seem to have fairly new models as well)?

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My software version is 2.460.0000.1.R BUILD DATE 2016-10-25

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here, i have 3 inexpensive dahuas, and the most expensive one stops working

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got another Dahua which is cheaper and doesn't have zoom etc and i got a hikvision and a few other cheapo cameras and they haven't missed a beat.

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i cannot check the firmware, i reverted it back to default.
it asks me to change the password, but i don't have enough time to change it and check the firmware before it crashes

but this seems to be a general problem since a few days ago? as i am not the only one

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does seem a bit weird that our cameras have failed at around the same time. I'm still waiting to see if i hear anything back from the seller because taking it apart and having a mess about to see if i can do anything.

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I already did that
I can login at the default ip, it asks
to change the default passwd, after that its Just offline again
Ping is fine, Poe ethernet is flashing, but cam is not working

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine went offline on 27 may, at 5:48 cet
Since then my nvr records 10 seconds and then it Comes backup every 3-10 minutes randomly and crashes. I really have no idea

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine is currently on its default IP of 192.168.1.108. I have just downloaded the latest firmware and managed to flash it but i can no longer get access to it through the web browser now. It pings then fails like it has been doing but i'm starting to get request timed out now as well and then it will start to ping again but still can't access it by the web browser. I think it's ready for the bin.

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just trying to work out how to reset this one back to factory default so i can upload the new firmware on my other Dahua 4k camera it had a RESET switch so that was easy any advice?
On my camera you have to unscrew it so the unit opens up and there is a button sticking out the side of the board on it and you can press that to reset it.

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah i'm 99% sure mine is bricked now, although i wouldn't have thought i would have still be able to get a ping back from the ip?

TomiH

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll have same problem. I got mine from Empire Technology Co., Ltd via AliExpress.

Software version is 2.460.0000.1.R, Build Date: 2016-10-25

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seems like quite a few issues with this camera in general as of late. Hope they get these issues resolved. Towards years end my plan is to build a fair sized system with this camera playing a big part, probably would need close to 10 of this camera which adds up $ wise. These issues give me pause to say the very least. It would cost an arm and a leg to ship bad units back and forth to China plus being down.