Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231RN-Z not working :(

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can ping it just fine, no timeouts, but the webpage or streams are down

TomiH

n3wb
Reaction score
I switched off record from cam settings. No crashes since change. It seems that problem is somehow linked with internal recording of cam.

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does inserting a memory card change anything then?
I haven't tried a memory card in mine. I don't have one to hand either unfortunately but i can't see how i will be able to access it if i can't get onto the web browser to log into the camera :(

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you leave the camera plugged into a switch or did you connect the camera directly to the PC?

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have just tried resetting it again using the switch inside and i still can't get onto the web interface for the camera on 192.168.1.108

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've attached another picture. I have ran angry IP scanner and when i can get the camera to ping Angry IP scanner can see that it is on 192.168.1.108 but whenever i try and put that into the browser it doesn't send me anywhere. i keep losing the pings and it pops up saying general failure and then it will ping about 4 times then not ping then i'll get a good 30 pings something like that then will start failing again.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just tried resetting it again using the switch inside and i still can't get onto the web interface for the camera on 192.168.1.108
Confirm the proper reset procedure simply pressing the button alone is usually insufficient.... Also ensure that no other device is plugged into the switch other than the camera and the PC make sure the router is not connected to the switch

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've held the reset switch down for 30 seconds. I've also tried holding it down for a full minute too. I've tried plugging just the camera into the switch on its own but still the same results.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've held the reset switch down for 30 seconds. I've also tried holding it down for a full minute too. I've tried plugging just the camera into the switch on its own but still the same results.
Did you try, disconnecting power, holding down then applying power while still holding for 30 seconds?

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here. Tried the long reset. Haven't bothered to connect it directly to the PC yet, without the switch inbetween. But I can't see how that would stop the crashing / bootlooping. Like I said, I tried powering it using both 12V and using the POE switch.

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here, no solution yet
Got a pm from Andy, he suggests power problem?
I'm not too sure of how much of a power problem it is as a number of cameras seemed to have all gone off around the same time. My camera no longer makes the clicking (zooming) kind of noise now as though it's rebooting.

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My zoom is still working as i can hear the motor spinning. It goes online in my nvr for a few seconds, then its offline

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My zoom is still working as i can hear the motor spinning. It goes online in my nvr for a few seconds, then its offline
I still get some pings on mine then it loses the pings but i get no noises at all from the camera any more.

Andyhhhdx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have read some folks had to the hold the reset button down for at least a minute or more while powering on to get a full reset.
Just held the reset button down for a full 2 minutes and still not working. Get a load of pings then start losing pings then pings kick back in after a while and it repeats this process