Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
buy once cry once ..ive change couple of diy kits cameras and dvr s and they all end up where is place for them in garbage

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the best way to within you budget is to buy the best when you can the first time around. It may take longer this way vs. buying garbage cams then replacing them later which will be more expensive in the long run.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why is it one if my cams allows me to slowly and precisely zoom in and the other 3 take hugs steps between the time I push the + or - and the amount it adjusts?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
first outdoor turret is in it's new home, just in time for the other 3, picture looks pretty damned good. So good, you can tell how much my car needs a bath.

20170226_143338.png

ssean

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this camera have an input for an external microphone? I don't see anything listed in the documentation.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Under Blue Iris. At the bottom of the screen you have the plus and minus button to zoom in with your camera's. Part of the Ptz gui I guess. Not in front of it right now. One camera will let me push and hold the button with my mouse and pretty much have infinite zoom between max and min zoom. The other 3 camera's don't work that way. When I click on the "plus button' to zoom in, it takes big steps and doesn't let you fine tune. It makes large adjustments between max and min zoom. God I hope that makes sense. Lol

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont use BlueIris, can you replicate it through the WebUI? You check your settings make sure they all the same?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hadn't changed anything in BI but will check. I think logging in to the camera allows them to function correctly. I'll double check when I get home.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I park backed up against a wooden privacy gate, I tweaked the camera a little more because it actually need to go a smidge higher, this is slighty more than half zoom so about 6mm, I may play with it some more but I'm fairly happy with it, I wish I could cover More at the same pixel density but it's 2mp so, if I *really* want better coverage I can always throw a second camera in this spot, I've got to get one up to cover my wife's car in the other driveway though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy macro, that picture is stunning. This is already pushing going the custom-way. Thanks a lot for posting! :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under Blue Iris. At the bottom of the screen you have the plus and minus button to zoom in with your camera's. Part of the Ptz gui I guess. Not in front of it right now. One camera will let me push and hold the button with my mouse and pretty much have infinite zoom between max and min zoom. The other 3 camera's don't work that way. When I click on the "plus button' to zoom in, it takes big steps and doesn't let you fine tune. It makes large adjustments between max and min zoom. God I hope that makes sense. Lol
They are not made to use that way. Use the web GUI or smartpss to set the field of view you need. Then let it be.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Can the this turret cam be mounted vertically (like on a wall) instead on the bottom of an eave? If I'm not mistaken, the lens can be adjusted perpendicular to the mount.